Which side do you support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    I think I'm staying neutral for now. Both sides have done equally good and bad things.
    This. I am torn between the two sides because like you said, both sides have done equally good and bad things. Both have their positive and negatives. I believe this is what TPTB were trying to accomplish. So, mission accomplished on their part, at least with me.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Team Young, from the perspective of the people on board. Rush doesn't care if he ever makes it home. Wray doesn't care if anyone else but her makes it home. Young, while extremely flawed and not a great guy, wants to get the people back to Earth. Now, they have to be careful not to cross him, but other than that they'd be safest with him. Although, maybe someone else on board will step up and show that they have what it takes to be a good leader.

Comment

Greer and TJ are the most rational of all of them, maybe Scott too.

Comment

Team Young. Rush would sacrifice everyone on the ship if he could replace them with something that doesn't consume resources. Wray isn't a leader and just want's an idealistic civillian control of Destiny.

Young's tough, but he's fair. He gave Rush chance after chance and Rush got what he deserved.
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Astria View Post
            Team Young, from the perspective of the people on board. Rush doesn't care if he ever makes it home. Wray doesn't care if anyone else but her makes it home. Young, while extremely flawed and not a great guy, wants to get the people back to Earth. Now, they have to be careful not to cross him, but other than that they'd be safest with him. Although, maybe someone else on board will step up and show that they have what it takes to be a good leader.
            I don't think it has ever been shown that Wray would consciously sacrifice others to get herself back home. She's selfish but she's not gonna be personally responsible for the deaths of others just to get back.

Also, Young showed in this episode that he was willing to jeopardize all of Destiny just to cover his behind when he had Eli fire on the enemy ship while it was retreating even though Eli had repeatedly warned him that the weapons might overload and blow up the entire ship seemingly so that Rush is killed off so that he can't report Young's attempt at his life.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              I don't think it has ever been shown that Wray would consciously sacrifice others to get herself back home. She's selfish but she's not gonna be personally responsible for the deaths of others just to get back.
              Oh snap, we actually agree!

In all seriousness, I think you are completely right in this case. Wray is not that type of person. And while I'm still torn on who I'd personally like to see leading the Destiny, Wray definitely isn't the worst of the three choices.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

It'll root for which ever side actually kills someone.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  It'll root for which ever side actually kills someone.

That sounds a bit hardcore.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

On Wray, I don't think she's a bad person. I liker her as a person, but I don't think she has command in her. I couldn't see her sacrificing people for the greater good of the ship very long without her having a breakdown. Rush would sacrifice everyone in a heartbeat. Young would sacrifice himself and as many as it would take if there was no other way. Wray would sacrifice herself but I can't see her ordering anyone (except Greer) to their certain death for very long. The burden of command is about more than making decisions, its about living with them.

I'm reminded of a line Robert E. Lee said in Gettysburg, something about how a good soldier is prepared to lose some people, but a good general must be prepared to lose everyone.
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Also, Young showed in this episode that he was willing to jeopardize all of Destiny just to cover his behind when he had Eli fire on the enemy ship while it was retreating even though Eli had repeatedly warned him that the weapons might overload and blow up the entire ship seemingly so that Rush is killed off so that he can't report Young's attempt at his life.
                      No, Wray hasn't shown that, but she is IOA, and they are pretty self-centered people, and they can't be trusted. She has also someone that she loves at home, and she was pretty torn up when it was reviled that she wouldn't be getting back to her in a year. I think she would do anything to get back home.

Young, is troubled and trouble, and he is not the best person to lead, but I'd trust him over Rush and Wray any day. And the big ship was not moving, the smaller shuttles were retreating, but when Young gave the order to fire, the big ship was still there, not retreating, and it had to be dealt with. Was he firing on it because Rush was there, maybe, but he did save Rush on the ship when he didn't have to. But that ship was a danger to them, he was doing what had to be done. He couldn't risk the big ship doing anything, and he had to try to disable it. The risks to Density are far greater now, with the ship gone to either get reinforcements or to regroup.

Comment

My support would go to Young. Wray doesn't have the steel to make the hard calls and Rush is insane. Easy pick.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

i support everyone's side. no one asked to be there.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                            I'm reminded of a line Robert E. Lee said in Gettysburg, something about how a good soldier is prepared to lose some people, but a good general must be prepared to lose everyone.
                            Now you're just showing off, talking famous quotes and stuff.
                            Plus, he was a Confederate General, so he sucks by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i support everyone's side. no one asked to be there.
                              Except Rush. He wanted to go, but no one would let him. So, since he asked to be there, would that mean you're on his side? Or the opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                                I think I'm staying neutral for now. Both sides have done equally good and bad things.
                                this is how i see it.
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X