Which side do you support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    See, I just don't get this argument. No, he did not choose to go to the alien ship to save Chloe. He used the stones to take over the body of an alien on the other ship so he could check if she was there, without ever being in any actual danger. He didn't go anywhere. He took zero risk.
    You really want to argue sematics? Maybe his danger was minimal but he did go there with every intention to save Chloe. I think a shuttle attacking the ship would have been a suicide misson.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Young and Rush are both crazy, but if I need to choose one of them, I'll say Rush

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You really want to argue sematics? Maybe his danger was minimal but he did go there with every intention to save Chloe. I think a shuttle attacking the ship would have been a suicide misson.
        Oh, I don't disagree with this at all - he definitely did the most sensible thing under the circumstances, in fact it was probably the most rational action he has taken in quite some time. I just find it odd that he is held up as some paragon of heroism for it when clearly there was nothing heroic in it. Heroic would have been... done in another show in the franchise.
        sigpic

Comment

See, I just don't get this argument. No, he did not choose to go to the alien ship to save Chloe. He used the stones to take over the body of an alien on the other ship so he could check if she was there, without ever being in any actual danger. He didn't go anywhere. He took zero risk.)
          But WAS the risk zero? If you die in the surrogate-body, you die for good, yes? So, there is a risk, as is the case with any undercover operation. In fact, the risk is greater, since obviously the aliens know something is up - which is why I was a bit annoyed that they didn't place guards on Rush and Chloe. Unless, of course, they WANTED them to escape. Ahh, the plot thickens!

Comment

Not fan of the character, but team Wray.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              But WAS the risk zero? If you die in the surrogate-body, you die for good, yes? So, there is a risk, as is the case with any undercover operation. In fact, the risk is greater, since obviously the aliens know something is up - which is why I was a bit annoyed that they didn't place guards on Rush and Chloe. Unless, of course, they WANTED them to escape. Ahh, the plot thickens!
              Given Earth it seems to suggest if your original body dies then so does your mind but really we don't know what happens when someone under "stone control" dies what happens.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you? I would have assumed that the other person/entity dies and you return to your body... at least, that's what I took the discussion in Earth to imply. Perhaps I misunderstood.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Given Earth it seems to suggest if your original body dies then so does your mind but really we don't know what happens when someone under "stone control" dies what happens.
                  Given everything we've seen in SG1 and SGA, I think you die for good. I mean, your consciousness is gone.

Comment

Do you? I would have assumed that the other person/entity dies and you return to your body... at least, that's what I took the discussion in Earth to imply. Perhaps I misunderstood.
                    Well, what about "Origin"? Granted, the stones were working slightly differently then, but still. And in SGA, with Keller and the thief. Seemed like Keller was really freaking out about, you know...getting killed. If she would simply transfer back, she'd be "Well, shoot me. See if I care."
                    And the scientists and Telford running off...

Comment

Well, what about "Origin"? Granted, the stones were working slightly differently then, but still. And in SGA, with Keller and the thief. Seemed like Keller was really freaking out about, you know...getting killed. If she would simply transfer back, she'd be "Well, shoot me. See if I care."
                      I'm not comparing the different stones in different shows because they all seem to contradict each other. Telford and Co, however, is something else. Maybe you're right - if so, I might have to reconsider my stance.
                      sigpic

Comment

See, I just don't get this argument. No, he did not choose to go to the alien ship to save Chloe. He used the stones to take over the body of an alien on the other ship so he could check if she was there, without ever being in any actual danger. He didn't go anywhere. He took zero risk.
                        [..]
                        If one of them dies while they're connected they both die. There certainly was a big risk and a danger that he'd be discovered. He doesn't speck the language, doesn't know their customs, can't access the memories of the host and was alone. To top it off he couldn't even disconnect himself at will if something went wrong. The others (with access to the stones) would have no idea what's happening.
                        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          Team Young
                          Ditto.

Originally posted by Mike
                          So far I support Young. He genuinely cares about the crew (and the civilians) and would gladly sacrifice his life so others could live.
                          I agree with this. Regardless of what else he's done, in my opinion, Young has put the lives of the crew before anything else. Rush has yet to do much of anything (besides saving Chloe last week) that he cares much about anything but himself.

For those who think Young spying on everyone with the kinos is wrong, my opinion is that it's no worse than all of Rush's ulterior motives, deceitfulness and trying to start a mutiny (which he is, in my opinion), and if he weren't behaving that way, Young would likely not feel there was a reason to spy on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                            If one of them dies while they're connected they both die. There certainly was a big risk and a danger that he'd be discovered. He doesn't speck the language, doesn't know their customs, can't access the memories of the host and was alone. To top it off he couldn't even disconnect himself at will if something went wrong. The others (with access to the stones) would have no idea what's happening.
                            See conversation above
                            sigpic

Comment

Well this was kind of out of Keller's area of expertise. Beind a medical doctor and all. I don't think anyone will really know what happens until someone is killed while using the stones. I nominate Telford.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Which side, the one with the guns baby.

Actually not because of the guns, because I like the military and I think Young is more understanding of the aspects of being a leader. The others wouldn't know leadership if it came up and kicked them in the boota. I think that is the military part of him, that allows that kind of take charge and know how to handle situations without doing "well this could kill us all but I don't care I'm going to do it my way!."

But if I was on this crew I wouldn't listen to anyone else but Young, because the rest to me I probably wouldn't trust them. Like somebody already stated Young has already proved he'd sacrifice hiimself for the crew before he allowed them to get hurt, and that is a leader in every sense of the word. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X