No announcement yet.

The Alien ship, propulsion, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know, but i said they sound like them not they look like them, thats two different things.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering, can the fighters also go FTL. In Air part 3 one of them leave the Destiny, when the Destiny is traveling faster than light

Comment

It could be the some form of FTL technology. Remember, so far, all the FTL technology we've seen are based on Ancient tech. We can assume that the Asgard based a lot of their tech off of the Ancients, since the Ancients were more advanced. Wraith, and Goa'uld tech are all reversed engineered from Ancient. Since these Smerfians are from another galaxy, and we're assuming that they never had contacts with Ancients, we can probably assume that their tech was developed on their own. As such, they may do the same thing but look differently.

Look at another sci-fi show as an example. In Babylon 5, all the species use hyperspace as a form of travel. They use jump gates or form jump points to enter and leave hyperspace. It's also assumed that it's all based on Vorlon Tech, however the other first ones enter and leave hyperspace in different ways. The Shadows just fade in and out of it, while the Walkers of Sigma-957 open a very large point in a very bright and flashy way. In Star Trek, the main form of cloaking technology comes form the Romulans, however in Voyager, they encountered several different types of cloaked ships, and their method was different.

From what we saw, it looks like the Smurfian tech instantaneously shifts them into some FTL state. Unlike Destiny or other known races, they don't have to induce any momentum. Overall, it feels like their FTL technology is a lot like the one seen in BSG. Their ship kind of follows the same design as a battlestar too. Maybe these are the "God" race in BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
          Not really. They had a very different shape, seemed weak in a dogfight and weren't maneuverable enough to avoid getting blown up by Destiny's gun turrets. Quite different.

And Cylon fighters weren't week in a dogfight? They got blown up all the time
          Tst

Comment

The cylons put up a better fight, used more acrobatics and destroyed plenty of vipers (whose pilots had trained specifically on them for a long time). So far Scot only used the shuttle twice and wasn't really struggling to keep up.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
              The cylons put up a better fight, used more acrobatics and destroyed plenty of vipers (whose pilots had trained specifically on them for a long time). So far Scot only used the shuttle twice and wasn't really struggling to keep up.
              Also when did Greer learn to fly the shuttle, or for that matter use the weapons?
              How did Lt.James know what lever to pull to shut down power in the section when it was overloading?
              Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I assume all the military types and scientists received the necessary training to handle various emergency situations. After all they've already been there for at least 6 - 8 weeks.

They need to make more Kino videos.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                  Also when did Greer learn to fly the shuttle, or for that matter use the weapons?
                  How did Lt.James know what lever to pull to shut down power in the section when it was overloading?
                  do you also assume that they do not ever urinate? i mean, we never see that.......... and yet they have not died.... hmm...

chances are that while they're not fighting off blue aliens that make the Na'Vi look even more stupid, lol, and not gossipping about Col Young, they're training for any and every situation possible......
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Come on PA, don't you recognize Spaceballs when you see it?
                    Must be a youngster. Thanks for the Spaceballs reference, a great way to start off my week!! Maybe it's time to watch
                    it one more time to make it an even 30..........

Comment

if i were base leader i'd put those things high on the priority list. those who are useful in repairing the ship repair it, everyone should know what to do in certain situations, and the most useless can go find food and clean the hallways

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        do you also assume that they do not ever urinate? i mean, we never see that.......... and yet they have not died.... hmm...

chances are that while they're not fighting off blue aliens that make the Na'Vi look even more stupid, lol, and not gossipping about Col Young, they're training for any and every situation possible......
                        Did you just compare urinating to flying an ancient shuttle? Yeah right...

You know you need to mention something plot-relevant to make it happen as a writer. Urinating is not plot-relevant, flying a shuttle is.
                        If id take that approach in writing, id just make everything happen off-screen. Oh, Young can now use the chair, because...stuff. Scott can now hack an ancient computer terminal, because...training and stuff.
                        NO, you need to at least give it a mention.

Is it so hard to squeeze in a line when Greer and Scott sitt in the shuttle that would go like:
                        "Now those flying lessons are finally going to pay off..."
                        or
                        writing "power surge protection" over the lever is even better, i could understand that the crew started to translate the ancient labels and writings on the ship instead of teaching everyone ancient or giving everyone tech-lessons.

Its not hard. What we saw there is just lazy writing.
                        Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

It actually looked like scott was piloting the shuttle while greer was incharge of weapons, as to when he learnt to use them, well they've been on the ship a while now and I wouldn't say not mentioning was lazy writing, we just don't need to know every single thing that happens on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            It actually looked like scott was piloting the shuttle while greer was incharge of weapons, as to when he learnt to use them, well they've been on the ship a while now and I wouldn't say not mentioning was lazy writing, we just don't need to know every single thing that happens on the ship.
                            What would you say is absolutely NEEDED to be known then?
                            Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

What would you say is absolutely NEEDED to be known then?
                              Well we don't need to be told when new people are trained up, the fans are smart to enough to work it out themselves.

Comment

Besides, we already knew that Young and Scott are the only pilots there.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X