X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we already agreed it's not a hyperdrive

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
      It look more like a lighter form of FTL, and its not hyperdrive becouse you can see when they retreat that the ships engines were powering up hard, something any ship that uses a hyperdrive never did.
      After looking at it again, it looks more like a jump drive. Didn't Galactica do something very similar? I forget, but if so, that is where I am drawing my conclusion from.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Even the particles it left behind when it "jumped" were just like Destiny in FTL...

Galactica doesn't accelerate, it jumps in place and leaves nothing behind, certainly not that "dust".
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

So what do you think the main propulsion for the "mothership" was. Definitely looked like it possibly expanded the space behind the ship (and possibly compressed the space in front of it) giving it a similar method of propulsion to Alcubierre drive?!?!

Either way it's certainly a new method that we haven't seen before!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

I thought it looked just like destinys FTL when it 'engaged'

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              I thought it looked just like destinys FTL when it 'engaged'
              This.

Comment

Hear is a thought...iv heard talks about using warheads and "harnessing" the explosion as a means to get up to speed...the build up behind the alien ship seemed simuler to a build up of enormous power that "imploded". that just makes me feel like it was more of a push into ftl vr's using ship thrusters

Comment

As someone whop has seen many sci fi shows, it didn't look like any form of FTL i have seen up to now. IT was close to warp from ST, but not hte same...

Comment

jeremsg1 writes: “I would like to know if these Aliens are introduced in Air only for this episode (Space) or it’s plannified that they will come back in the future?”

Answer: Oh, I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see them again.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-3-2010-space/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It doesnt appear to be hyperspace. (hyperspace is a form of FTL travel) When you see a ship of the SG genre enter hyperspace you see an actual window open and draw the ship in. When Destiny and the alien ship enter FTL you see they actually accelerate to speed. Look at the surface area the engines take up on both ships. I would say that they both use the same process of FTL travel. I am sure in the billions of lightyears that destiny has covered there have been other species that observed desting in its travels but were not able to match its speed, either overshooting or undershooting it. Like the Ancients that were traveling between Peg and MW when the Atlantis team found it. It was traveling 99% the speed of light. But Hyperdrive would skyrocket them past it and sub-light is too slow. The aliens seem to have developed the same means of propulsion and thus are able to follow and intercept Destiny as it enters/exits hyperspace. You see in Air that the shuttle detaching from destiny is able to maintain speed and maneuver away at FTL speeds. I am sure we will find out more further down the line.

Comment

It looks like a catfish, maybe because aliens are some kind of aquatic translucid race that communicate bly glows.

They have a technology able to cut the skull of the Destiny, probalby because they dont have any teletransport like the one of the asgards, or maybe it was an option when the shield is on.

Was it the same ship found in the previous episode, in the planet?
                        Stargate fan - city of Curitiba-Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          hyperFTL
                          FT-Hyper-L

Originally posted by Carlos-Curitiba View Post
                          It looks like a catfish
                          lol

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Looked very Star Trek-ish to me.

Comment

the figthers did somewhat sound a bit like the cylon fighters, did they not? im not sure if i like the new alien ships, they should use the ship from sga episode th deadalus variations i thought those ships in the alt. universe looked quite awesome!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                the figthers did somewhat sound a bit like the cylon fighters, did they not?
                                Not really. They had a very different shape, seemed weak in a dogfight and weren't maneuverable enough to avoid getting blown up by Destiny's gun turrets. Quite different.

Comment

Working...
                                X