This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    In all honesty, why is Carter the expert on hyperdrives? We were never told that she was instrumental in our own hyperspace experiments, only that she knows a bit about modifying drives. Why would she be the best when we undoubtedly have people who spend their careers working in that one area now? Such as Perry.
    Well it was kind of given when she designed and built the first few hyperdrives for the 303s/304s
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode would have been an easy way to get either McKay or Carter on to help fix this problem

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        OMG This episode was so offensive!! Remember those spoilers that totally did actually happen in this episode? Perry wanting to sleep with Eli, Rush and Perry doing it, Perry going on and on about how she's never made lurve - they all happened!!

Right?

RIGHT?!?!

Yeah, right.
        Well, there were definitely rewrites done for Perry in this episode. Besides the name change (Eleanor was changed to Amanda), the scene in which Perry flirts with Eli was substituted with a scene in which Perry admits to Eli that she has feelings for Rush. Most of the rest of the Perry scenes that were in the casting sides happened pretty much the same way in the actual episode. Except that the scene with Rush in Perry's room was changed. In the original casting sides, Perry removed her shirt after they kissed and then they continued kissing. The casting sides didn't actually say that they had sex, so anyone who posted that they had sex were filling in what they thought would happen based on the way the scene left off in the casting sides. Also, I don't think that Perry and Rush had any sort of previous feelings for one another in the original casting sides (hence her also flirting with and basically propositioning Eli in the sides). The original Perry from the casting sides was much more about drinking/kissing/having sex (things she'd never done before), so that part of the character was toned down and a previous mutual attraction between her and Rush was included in the episode instead of Perry acting like a "girl gone wild." I much prefer the Perry from the episode to the Perry from the casting sides.
        Last edited by Rhoswen; 07 May 2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I think it is clear that franklin ascended. Which most likely means that ship wasn't designed to be without a crew. The ancients must have ascended and left it behind.

The question is did ancients help him, is the knowledge needed for ascension in the ship, or did the ancients figure out a away for technology to aid ascension. The cold temp could have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Well it was kind of given when she designed and built the first few hyperdrives for the 303s/304s
            Where was this ever stated?
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              OMG This episode was so offensive!! Remember those spoilers that totally did actually happen in this episode? Perry wanting to sleep with Eli, Rush and Perry doing it, Perry going on and on about how she's never made lurve - they all happened!!

Right?

RIGHT?!?!

Yeah, right.

Just for you PG..

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Can I just say that that wasn't quite as controversial as a lot of people made it out to be...

Pretty good episode with another nice twist at the end.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Where was this ever stated?
                  Several episodes in S6 and S7. I'm too lazy to make a list right now
                  Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  Can I just say that that wasn't quite as controversial as a lot of people made it out to be...

Pretty good episode with another nice twist at the end.
                  Yes you can because I agree it wasn't controversal at all. I actually thought it was quite respectful and relastic of regular disabled people
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

and i thought the Asgard did that you know from those other two stargate series that's we're supposed to think never happen.

over all this ep was 1 million times better then i expected it to be
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Just for you PG..

Spoiler:

Hm. It says I cannot green you at the moment - an injustice most foul.

Comment

Several episodes in S6 and S7. I'm too lazy to make a list right now

Yes you can because I agree it wasn't controversal at all. I actually thought it was quite respectful and relastic of regular disabled people
                        Not to be a pain, but quotes or I don't believe it. Because I don't remember that at all...
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Ok where to begin...

The episode certainly was more plot than character, but those character moments were excellent. I think the writers did a great job with the interaction of Rush and Amanda. You really feel something in the end when she has to go back to her paralyzed body. She always had a thing for Rush and as did Rush so you can see the pain in both of their eyes. This is the kinda drama that truly raises the bar for the show. I also enjoyed Eli's conversation with Amanda. We are seeing that Rush is not a hearless SOB and truly is "Human".

The plot at hand was very exciting. You had the lost team return and become reunited, you had some cool use of technology, you had aliens closing in on The Destiny again, and the ship needing more power to be able to make it to the next galaxy. The whole Franklin thing was also very well done. I believe he ascended or is part of the ship now.

So this episode did have some slow parts, but it was not a painful bore like "Life". You had a strong plot with good character moments that did not drag into nothing. The Sharon and Camille scenes were decent enough to watch through and Wray being in Amanda's body did not have the drama effect I thought it would. I thought Amanda being in Wray's body was more dramatic and interesting, and truly sad at the end. Since her dream will be over and she will be paralyzed again.

One last thing I thought was powerful was the scene in the chair room. Rush, grabbing Young's arm before sitting in the chair. He could of let him sit, and maybe it was a better chance to have Franklin sit in the chair. But he seemed to have that look of "Don't give up your life, we need you" kinda look. I may need to rewatch to see it.

Spoiler:
                          Any disspointments? I wanted to see the Smurfs enter the gate. I know there were previews in the MGM trailer but hate to say, I think it will be a hallucination by Chloe or Rush in the next episode. So oh well.

So final grade for the ep was an A or 9/10.
                          So do I. That was the first thing that popped into my head. I never considered "one with the ship" though.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Not to be a pain, but quotes or I don't believe it. Because I don't remember that at all...
                            Then you will have to not believe me because I don't want to waste the hours searching through transcripts when it was just one little detail about the episode
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Noticed different things about Eli in this episode:
                              What is it with Eli all of a sudden not like being called "Math Boy"?
                              Listening to music and reading a book while sitting on the floor. I haven't noticed that in earlier episodes. He is always on a computer console, documenting with a Kino or spying on everyone for Young.
                              Team in gate room going back to the planet for supplies and checking for possible living conditions: Greer says that there is water east of the gate according to Lt. Scott but Eli says it is a waste of time and starts to make a comment about the military. Just seemed a bit out of the norm. Am I seeing more in to this?

Someone said earlier that because of the lack of excitement with the three returning back to Destiny that it meant they are clones. Though I think that is a stretch there is more to that over night stay than we are meant to know at this time. The third wheel comment by Eli probably means that Scott and Chloe made up especially when you see Chloe's reaction when she looks back at Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                                Noticed different things about Eli in this episode:
                                What is it with Eli all of a sudden not like being called "Math Boy"?
                                Listening to music and reading a book while sitting on the floor. I haven't noticed that in earlier episodes. He is always on a computer console, documenting with a Kino or spying on everyone for Young.
                                Team in gate room going back to the planet for supplies and checking for possible living conditions: Greer says that there is water east of the gate according to Lt. Scott but Eli says it is a waste of time and starts to make a comment about the military. Just seemed a bit out of the norm. Am I seeing more in to this?
                                Eli is growing up. At first, nicknames can be fun because you're trying to introduce yourself or be self-deprecating. But Eli is consistently asked to work extremely hard for Young, be there for Chloe (who doesn't think about him the way he thinks about her), and deal with Rush. I think at this point, the term is grating rather than fun.

Nicknames can be like that. They're fun when you're in a frat or with a group of friends. When you're amongst coworkers who consider you their junior despite what you do for them, nicknames become far less endearing. Case and point, young men calling older coworkers "Boss" or older workers calling younger workers "son."

Math Boy is a fun little term that allows people to not take Eli seriously. Eli has figured that out. And if you take it back to Chloe for a second, he may not be good looking enough for her anyway, BUT I think in Eli's mind he does also realize that Scott is considered worthy of respect while Eli only seems to have at most a few people who respect him. Young might be the only one so far because he's forcing Eli to act like an adult and I think he recognizes WHAT he's asked Eli to do. Others may simply see him as Young's errand boy rather than instrumental to Young's operation of the ship. I think Chloe respects his mind, but I don't think she respects him as a man yet. Everyone else is behind the curve right now. I think they still see Eli as E1 Eli, not as the man he is today.
                                Last edited by Azzers; 07 May 2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X