Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question seems to be then, should one consider the ability to realize/manifest someone else's vision as art?

Comment

1. Yes, Sam and/or McKay would have been better choices to fix the hyperdrives but let's face it - Rush was biased.

2. Sex during a bodyswap - we've talked about this already FCOL!

3. The lost three getting to return like that was slightly flukey and brushed under the carpet to a large extent - not the writers finest hour.

4. Maddy was a cool enough character - can't blame Eli for being surprised she was into Rush though.

5. Have a feeling we won't have heard the last of these aliens though.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        1. Yes, Sam and/or McKay would have been better choices to fix the hyperdrives but let's face it - Rush was biased.

2. Sex during a bodyswap - we've talked about this already FCOL!
        What sex scene was that?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          What sex scene was that?
          Young had sex with his wife in Telford's body...

We don't really know what Wray did in her bodyswap.

But yes...its been discussed in several threads.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Young had sex with his wife in Telford's body...

We don't really know what Wray did in her bodyswap.

But yes...its been discussed in several threads.
            The post was about Sabotage and I don't recall a sex scene in it.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              The post was about Sabotage and I don't recall a sex scene in it.
              man, I think I'm getting ripped off. Everyone elses' versions of these episodes have all this lovely sex that I'm missing.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                man, I think I'm getting ripped off. Everyone elses' versions of these episodes have all this lovely sex that I'm missing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                  3. The lost three getting to return like that was slightly flukey and brushed under the carpet to a large extent - not the writers finest hour.
                  Yup, not their finest hour. I feel that it was an excellent opportunity for something really interesting that was completely wasted. And actually did a disservice to the fans.
                  My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                  "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                    Yup, not their finest hour. I feel that it was an excellent opportunity for something really interesting that was completely wasted. And actually did a disservice to the fans.
                    In a continuing storyline, whether or not a scene is a wasted opportunity depends on whether they do something with it later. I was hoping they'd have something in Pain about the return but apparently not.

Comment

I don't understand how the stranded crew just suddenly dials back into Destiny. Can someone explain that to me? Why was it so easy? That was like the biggest climax killer I've ever seen. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by ethos View Post
                        I don't understand how the stranded crew just suddenly dials back into Destiny. Can someone explain that to me? Why was it so easy? That was like the biggest climax killer I've ever seen. Did I miss something?
                        I think the short answer is, Destiny dropped out of FTL, she was still in range of the planet where they were stranded, Destiny's gate address popped up on Eli's dialling device and they...dialed...home. I think.
                        Still a bit of an anticlimax, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                          I think the short answer is, Destiny dropped out of FTL, she was still in range of the planet where they were stranded, Destiny's gate address popped up on Eli's dialling device and they...dialed...home. I think.
                          Still a bit of an anticlimax, though.
                          That's how I worked it out too...but you're right about the anticlimax
                          sigpic

Comment

eric writes: “Anyhoo, my question is about when Eli, Chloe and Scott returned to Destiny: did you ever answer on-screen how they got back? i.e. why Destiny’s address popped up on the screen again? If not are there plans to address that in season two?”

Answer: No plans to address this. When Destiny dropped out of FTL as a result of the sabotage, it was still within range of the planet and popped up on the remote. Seeing this, Eli dialed and secured a connection.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ellen-kushner/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Meh...still an anti-climax...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Meh...still an anti-climax...
                                Yes, I thought they'd do much more with this since the blues turned up there so neatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X