Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
    I thought it was ok.

But is it weird that I couldn't help myself from laughing when Scott hit the ground and blood came out?
    Nah, I was laughing the entire time. I knew it was a hallucination the second I saw that it was James in the bed and not Chloe.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      foreshadowing my honeymoon
      Amy or River?

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
        Annnnd Lt james (can't say her OTHER name) wants to be respected in the morning. Fat chance of that happening. She is whiny and annoying.
        The Cally of SGU?
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

As usual, I was sleep deprived and slow and it took me until she hit him in the head to figure out what was going on, but I thought it was well done and pertained to the overall plot. I didn't find it offensive at all.
          SGU fangirl

Comment

It didn't bother me, just made me think that TPTB are strange cutting the nudity out of the 10 years old SG1 pilot and allowing it in universe.

Comment

As soon as the scene started, I said to myself, "Oh boy. Some people are gonna go nuts about this." Honestly, it didn't bother me. That stuff I used to cringe or have a problem to see, but now I am much more comfortable with it. What was really good was that it actually served a purpose and led to something. I have no problem with that. If TPTB just starts throwing intimate scenes in that have no purpose other than just to have it and hope to attract young viewers, that I would have a problem with.

But I thought the scene worked and even though I felt it was a hallucination, I thought the scene was real for awhile. I avoided all spoilers, so it was interesting how I saw this opening scene.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Nah, I was laughing the entire time. I knew it was a hallucination the second I saw that it was James in the bed and not Chloe.
                It's a shame. Scott would be a lot more interesting if he really were that much of a womaniser.

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                  It didn't bother me, just made me think that TPTB are strange cutting the nudity out of the 10 years old SG1 pilot and allowing it in universe.
                  You know, maybe it’s my strange liberal uk brain, but theirs rather a, lot of difference between this scene and the one in COTG. They were having sex yes, but there was no actual nudity. In COTG literally nothing was left to the imagination, to the point where they wouldn’t be able to broadcast it on syfy. Hell even most HBO shows would have thought the scene from COTG was a little extreme. And it’s not like tptb cut out the scene from COTG, they literally edited it down to kinda the level of the Pain sex scene, you still saw Sha’re stripped and essentially sexually assaulted before being taken over by the Goa’uld, just without the full frontal nudity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    You know, maybe it’s my strange liberal uk brain, but theirs rather a, lot of difference between this scene and the one in COTG. They were having sex yes, but there was no actual nudity. In COTG literally nothing was left to the imagination, to the point where they wouldn’t be able to broadcast it on syfy. Hell even most HBO shows would have thought the scene from COTG was a little extreme. And it’s not like tptb cut out the scene from COTG, they literally edited it down to kinda the level of the Pain sex scene, you still saw Sha’re stripped and essentially sexually assaulted before being taken over by the Goa’uld, just without the full frontal nudity.
                    I doubt that very much. I'd say the COTG scene is actually tamer than the Pain one, which is a sex scene, whereas the one in COTG is just nudity. I'm betting that Sky One will edit Pain, but I'm pretty sure on the first airing at least the scene in COTG was left in on Channel 4, as technically it doesn't breach the watershed rules.

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                      In CoTG, wasn't it full frontal? I don't really have a problem with that either but in 'Pain', all there was was some back and arms, nothing graphic, and not even as much as you'd see at your average day at the beach.

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      As soon as the scene started, I said to myself, "Oh boy. Some people are gonna go nuts about this." Honestly, it didn't bother me. That stuff I used to cringe or have a problem to see, but now I am much more comfortable with it. What was really good was that it actually served a purpose and led to something. I have no problem with that. If TPTB just starts throwing intimate scenes in that have no purpose other than just to have it and hope to attract young viewers, that I would have a problem with.

But I thought the scene worked and even though I felt it was a hallucination, I thought the scene was real for awhile. I avoided all spoilers, so it was interesting how I saw this opening scene.
                      Is it evil that I took a sort of perverse sort of glee in that? The scene itself was quite lovely but what really made me smile is thinking that some people were going to just go ballistic. Yes, I am evil but it's good to know I have company
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Dang...I apparently need to see this "Pain" scene now. I missed the beginning of the episode, but is it really any different than the one in "Air"? Maybe a bit more lengthy?
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

It's a little bit more [can't think of a word], but not much. And yeah, quite a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            It's a little bit more [can't think of a word], but not much. And yeah, quite a bit longer.
                            'primal' works for me
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I thought people had problems with the sex part of it, not the nudity.

I have a hard time understanding it now that you say it's more about nudity. Nudity is everywhere today, it really does not seem like a big deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                I doubt that very much. I'd say the COTG scene is actually tamer than the Pain one, which is a sex scene, whereas the one in COTG is just nudity. I'm betting that Sky One will edit Pain, but I'm pretty sure on the first airing at least the scene in COTG was left in on Channel 4, as technically it doesn't breach the watershed rules.
                                I can’t remember the last HBO I saw with full frontal nudity, followed by sexual assault, followed by a face full of alien. You get rape sometimes on HBO shows, they definitely aren’t afraid to go near that topic, and HBO shows aren’t afraid of nudity, but even so the COTG scene is very strong, as strong as stuff on Deadwood, which pretty much takes the prize for the most profane, violent and explicit show of all time.

As for SKY one editing Pain, I’m sure they will, but only because for some strange reason they show SGU before 9PM and it’s before the watershed. The 9PM reruns on SKY 2 are always uncut. I doubt channel 4 showed Sha’re getting stripped either, since they used to air sg1 at 4pm in the afternoon, which led to some ridiculous cuts, such as the infamous time they removed around 10 to 15 minutes of evolution part 2 (and then reedited the episode back together in the wrong order).

The BBFC downgraded COTG the final cut to a 15 for moderate and sexualised violence, injury detail and horror
                                http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...3?OpenDocument
                                and rated the original episode an 18 for strong sexual violence.
                                http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...2?OpenDocument
                                I highly doubt that Pain will get a 18 rating for what amounted to a non explicit sex scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X