This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackhole
    He should have fired his weapon (loud noise) when he was running back to the gate (before they left) to alert them that he was still alive.
    Exactly what I was thinking! I reckon that would have had a sound range of at least 10 km.

I also thought the "dinosaur" looked more like a Rancor from Star Wars (but maybe someone already made that comparison).

I also have to question something about the Universe gates: From where do they draw their power? The Milky Way and Pegasus gates used the DHDs as energy sources. But these gates have no external counterpart, unless there is a mechanism beneath the ramp?
    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps they have some sort of 'natural power source' such as solar energy they absorb, to generate enough of a charge.. Or they have some way to soak it through the ground (geo thermal) and store it beneith the gate.

Comment

Maybe.

But whatever the explanation, it has to be more primitive than the other galaxy gates.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
          Maybe.

But whatever the explanation, it has to be more primitive than the other galaxy gates.
          Agreed. Though they do appear to be able to dial gates with those hand held things that Eli uses.....
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

1. Fair argument for leaving Greer behind - hope there won't be fallout.

2. If you have no sense of direction, stay still.

3. Rush development noted.

4. You strand three of your main characters for the foreseeable. Ouch!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Only just got round to watching Lost..wow loving the 1.5 season of SGU there has not been 1 bad episode yet in my opinion. The end surprised me, i am finally glad that i gave up looking at spoilers.
              Can't wait for next one.
              sigpic
              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
              Metal gear fan

Comment

Did I miss something at the beginning of Lost? I'm just catching up with SGU. At the beginning, when they show things that happened on previous episodes, they show explosives being detonated but they never explain in the episode why they did this. I watch tv online, so I thought at first they had just misnumbered the episodes. The continuity of this is very haphazard and sketchy. Looks to me as if they just threw the explosives in at the last minute without any explanation, as an excuse to leave Greer behind. Anybody who can explain this to me? I like the show, otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by marain View Post
                  Did I miss something at the beginning of Lost? I'm just catching up with SGU. At the beginning, when they show things that happened on previous episodes, they show explosives being detonated but they never explain in the episode why they did this. I watch tv online, so I thought at first they had just misnumbered the episodes. The continuity of this is very haphazard and sketchy. Looks to me as if they just threw the explosives in at the last minute without any explanation, as an excuse to leave Greer behind. Anybody who can explain this to me? I like the show, otherwise.
                  No, orginially in the episode...the team on the surface used explosives to try to free up the team caught in the caves. It didn't work. It also destablized the caves. So, in their wanderings Greer got separated from the rest of the team because of a roof cave in. It was directly the result of the explosives that were used...but an after effect.
                  Last edited by LtColCarter; 23 May 2010, 10:39 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marain View Post
                    As LtColCarter said...

It sounds like you're missing the episode from just before "Lost", called "Human". That is the episode where they used the explosives and "Lost" is simply reminding you of that in the 'previously on SGU' section.
                    Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

RONALD: I enlisted.

ANGELA (shocked): What'd you go and do that for?

RONALD: I didn't get the scholarship.

ANGELA: But you worked so hard.

RONALD (smiling bitterly): I wasn't fast enough.

(He gazes at his mother.)

RONALD: He always said it wasn't his fault. His choice wasn't wrong. He just wanted to be somebody. I wanna be somebody.

this seen broke my heart i re-watched the ep today i still wanted to cry
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm so happy we see Rush IV again! I mean the barren planet. Rush's glasses! HAHAHAHAHA!
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Spiders...Those bloody spiders. Can't they just get rid of them already

I'm gonna have nightmares for months after this
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Spiders...Those bloody spiders. Can't they just get rid of them already

I'm gonna have nightmares for months after this
                            LOL...spiders are our friends!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              LOL...spiders are our friends!
                              Nope, nonononononono. Not friends....Foes

You wouldn't say that if you had the big humongous spiders I've had the last few days in the house My cat protects me from the big horrible freaks
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Nope, nonononononono. Not friends....Foes

You wouldn't say that if you had the big humongous spiders I've had the last few days in the house My cat protects me from the big horrible freaks
                                You know you love 'em!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X