Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did they get the clothes, and why train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want to bring this up because its something of an impracticaliy but...could it be possible that they ate some of the creatures from the jungle planet? It would solve, at least temporarily the food storage problem...

Admitadly, its a long shot...but still
    sigpic
    Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
    Episode III: Phantasm.
    "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

They’re not out of food, it just happens to be a disgusting paste that no one likes eating. The training will keep peoples fitness up (always important) and will keep people occupied and their minds off their current situation. As for where all the sports kit comes from, most members of the military keep sports kit with them, I know I always have some sports kit in my kit bag with me, since it was specifically stated they tried to take as much supplies with them as possible with them in Air, its very possible there’s quite a bit of sports kit that came with them.

Comment

When they Dialed the ninth cheveron they were told to gather all their belongings and head through the gate, so there is were their clothes came from, as for the training I dont train so I have no clue, but it at least make sense the military would still train no matter how bad the circumstances are.
        It's always suicide mission this, save the planet that. No one ever just stops by to say "Hi!" any more!
        - Gen. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          They were planning an off world mission and didnt know how long they would be there for without being able to get back home. So yes. Clothes would be a priority.

You must be phsycic knowing weather or not i wach the show.
          YOUNG (to Scott): "Make sure everyone carries as much of the expedition supplies as they can." They were told to bring the expedition supplies. Wich would've included clothes.

I never said they brought back a load of food. I just said the could've gotten something from the jungle planet.

And if you knew the answers to your own questions. What was the point of this thread?
          In at least one of the timelines in Time, they gathered a bunch of different "fruits". Eli even got a bite of one of them, but being an alternate timeline we don't know if it was poison or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            They could have gathered food from that jungle planet where thay caught the snake thing.

As for the clothes. They were planning on sending a team to the 9 chevron address anyway. I is possible that in one of the crates they grabbed while escaping Icarus, that one of them could of contained clothes.
            It's possible, but having a convenient box full of clothes, ammo, food, etc. is well, too convenient. and what about shampoo? Okay, maybe not. styling gell? hmm, how long can TJ's hair stay like that? And makeup?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              They’re not out of food, it just happens to be a disgusting paste that no one likes eating. The training will keep peoples fitness up (always important) and will keep people occupied and their minds off their current situation. As for where all the sports kit comes from, most members of the military keep sports kit with them, I know I always have some sports kit in my kit bag with me, since it was specifically stated they tried to take as much supplies with them as possible with them in Air, its very possible there’s quite a bit of sports kit that came with them.
              This is very true. In my brief experience, when on base, whatever you keep your uniforms in you also have your training clothes right there with. So if they grabbed bags with uniforms, they would have likely taken standard "workout" clothes, aka PT uniform, with. Sneakers are also included in this.

Also, we don't see THE ENTIRE COMPLEMENT OF DESTINY OH NOES! in those clothes all at once, just a handful of people, so they could easily have a small supply they rotate everyone through.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
                In at least one of the timelines in Time, they gathered a bunch of different "fruits". Eli even got a bite of one of them, but being an alternate timeline we don't know if it was poison or not.
                Or consider this, we jumped forward in time and skipped past hunting and gathering missions as Destiny dropped out of FTL perhaps multiple times. The last we saw of the crew they got the key to cure the water borne illness. While they didn't show everybody being cured in 10 seconds Star Trek style, time must have passed before we picked up the story and switched to soap opera on Earth mode.

Comment

I think the term 'realistic' will only apply to certain areas of the show, such as relationships and other areas as dictated by the episode of the week. More basic and dare I say it, boring, needs such as 'where does Chloe keep getting lip gloss from' are left to our imaginations.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've seen many good explanations, part of it is that they were able to bring along supplies from the gate room, part of it is that some were able to gather some stuff together before going to the gate room and part of it is that they can share durable supplies (like clothes or shoes between similar sized people).

shake and stir a bit together and you have a great explanation
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
                      This is very true. In my brief experience, when on base, whatever you keep your uniforms in you also have your training clothes right there with. So if they grabbed bags with uniforms, they would have likely taken standard "workout" clothes, aka PT uniform, with. Sneakers are also included in this.

Also, we don't see THE ENTIRE COMPLEMENT OF DESTINY OH NOES! in those clothes all at once, just a handful of people, so they could easily have a small supply they rotate everyone through.
                      so judging from the fact that Eli has yet to change clothes, and doesn't want to exercise, exericsing would be bad for him, as the body odor could increase exponentially for him, thus sending several people to sickbay from passing out from the stench... (and I base this on some smells I've had to endure from folks at the gym, eeeuuuu).

of course, there's still the episode we can all look forward to when someone is cleaning all their clothes and has nothing left to wear when an emergnecy appears so... oh darn, this is *basic* cable.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        It's possible, but having a convenient box full of clothes, ammo, food, etc. is well, too convenient. and what about shampoo? Okay, maybe not. styling gell? hmm, how long can TJ's hair stay like that? And makeup?
                        It would be convenient if they had a box full of ammo and food. But they dont.
                        No spare ammo and not much food.
                        Out of food, ammo and spare clothes, IMO they got the least of the three. I would call that pretty inconvenient.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why Train?

Boost crew morale.

Stay Healthier.

Survival of the Fittest.

---------
                          If I were Young:

Everyone fights fires, everyone defends the ship. I've got limited personnel so it's highly likely the survival of the entire expedition could fall on the fitness of any single crew-member: scientist, civilian or military. Likewise the survival of the entire expedition could fall on the scientific/ancient knowledge of any single crew-member. I'd have everyone engaged from "sun-up to sun-down" in boot camp led by Greer and and school led by an ancient expert via the LRC stones (only to free Rush/Eli to work on the ship at that time). No hands are idle until EVERYONE is both physically competent and mentally prepared and adapted to life aboard the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            It is like you havent even watched the show

YES they are short on food, very short extremly short

And traning without the PROPER food will make you colapse you will fall down you will die

<Snipped by Moderator>
                            Well you live you learn

And I have already answered my own questions, it is a tv show
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 November 2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Boost crew morale.

Stay Healthier.

Survival of the Fittest.
                              There is no food, there is no food, there is no food to support training

You will get sick, you will get sick, you will die you will die

<Snipped by Moderator>
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 November 2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I'm with you beafly, Young needs to be getting all these stranded people working together as a "crew", although, i feel Rush would throw a tantrum if everyone started to learn ancient.

btw: to answer one of the threads question: Where did they get the clothes? its amazing how much you can fit in a small bag, or large crate. Perhaps someone grabbed the "white t-shirt" box by the Icuras Bases Gate instead of the one's marked "food" and "medicine" Who knows?
                                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X