Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did they get the clothes, and why train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's to keep their minds off how crappy their situation is.

Comment

Originally posted by I-Like-Pie View Post
      IF there is no food or a food shortage any training will damage you. You need to move as little as possible to save as much food as possible.
      that seems counter productive. this must be why americans are so fat . . .a shortage of food so we must conserve energy lol. If we use that logic everyone should just stay in bed all day and not explore the ship.

It was explained pretty well and seemed rather obvious to me why Young would want people in shape. Just think back to how much time they wasted dealing with Rush being out of shape in the on desert planet.

I'll also second the notion that people that are in shape get sick less than out of shape people.

Comment

Originally posted by antcave View Post
        that seems counter productive. this must be why americans are so fat . . .a shortage of food so we must conserve energy lol. If we use that logic everyone should just stay in bed all day and not explore the ship.

It was explained pretty well and seemed rather obvious to me why Young would want people in shape. Just think back to how much time they wasted dealing with Rush being out of shape in the on desert planet.

I'll also second the notion that people that are in shape get sick less than out of shape people.
        As a very much in-shape American, this stereotype that we are all fat continues to offend me... and I've met some very overweight Europeans, particular of the English/French/Italian variety...

In any event, it makes perfect sense; healthy people get sick less (they have little medicine), fit people can perform better offworld (can outrun nasty alien monsters), and should the ship ever fall under attack, these people need to know how to fight and stay on their feet long enough to do some good.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
          Here's my thought...get a bunch of work out buffs (up to 5) and LRC them to the ship so *they* can work out the bodies...I mean they like it and are *good* at it so let them have the bodies for physical training for an hour a day.
          That would be so awesome if I could do that in real life!

Comment

Originally posted by Codemann17 View Post
            That would be so awesome if I could do that in real life!
            But then they'd get to leave and when you came back, you'd be all sore.

Comment

Originally posted by antcave View Post

You cant get fat if their is no food, and yes their is a shortage, in one episode Young wants to reward Rush with double rations and there is a small verbal fight.

You seem to have missed that part, and the part that there is no food on the ship.

And no you should not stay in bed all day, you should just move as much is needed and not over do it.

And again this is not the states there are no McDonalds every 3 steps.

Training without any food or very limited food will make you sick, it will damage you, you will suffer permanent damage.

But I of course have the answers to my own questions

Where did they get the Clothes, and sneakers --- It is a TV Show

Why train even though training without proper food and in quantity damages you --- It is a TV Show

Where are they going to wash all those clothes ---- It is a TV Show

Comment

Why train even though training without proper food and in quantity damages you --- It is a TV Show

So much for a more realistic show.....

Comment

You cant get fat if their is no food, and yes their is a shortage, in one episode Young wants to reward Rush with double rations and there is a small verbal fight.

You seem to have missed that part, and the part that there is no food on the ship.

And no you should not stay in bed all day, you should just move as much is needed and not over do it.

Training without any food or very limited food will make you sick, it will damage you, you will suffer permanent damage.

They could have gathered food from that jungle planet where thay caught the snake thing.

As for the clothes. They were planning on sending a team to the 9 chevron address anyway. I is possible that in one of the crates they grabbed while escaping Icarus, that one of them could of contained clothes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    They could have gathered food from that jungle planet where thay caught the snake thing.

As for the clothes. They were planning on sending a team to the 9 chevron address anyway. I is possible that in one of the crates they grabbed while escaping Icarus, that one of them could of contained clothes.
                    Yes this has been written a million times and answered a million times

Yupp they just happen to take with them clothes and sneakers that fit perfectly because everyone know that those things are always kept close to the gate and are a priority.

It is like you didn't even watch the show, they were evacuating to earth when Rush suddenly decided to dial then ninth chevron.

And you are not going to get fat from jungle food, you are also not going to get enough food to be able to train at all, just maintaining your minimum amount of intake will be extremely hard.

But I have answered my own questions, it is a TV show

Comment

Yupp they just happen to take with them clothes and sneakers that fit perfectly because everyone know that those things are always kept close to the gate and are a priority.

It is like you didn't even watch the show, they were evacuating to earth when Rush suddenly decided to dial then ninth chevron.

And you are not going to get fat from jungle food, you are also not going to get enough food to be able to train at all, just maintaining your minimum amount of intake will be extremely hard.

They were planning an off world mission and didnt know how long they would be there for without being able to get back home. So yes. Clothes would be a priority.

You must be phsycic knowing weather or not i wach the show.
                      YOUNG (to Scott): "Make sure everyone carries as much of the expedition supplies as they can." They were told to bring the expedition supplies. Wich would've included clothes.

I never said they brought back a load of food. I just said the could've gotten something from the jungle planet.

And if you knew the answers to your own questions. What was the point of this thread?
                      sigpic

Comment

If they only got one shot at dialing the gate when they thought they figured it out, then yes, they would keep the mission supplies in the gateroom close at hand.

Comment

...and again, there aren't McDonald's every 3 steps in the United States.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            ...and again, there aren't McDonald's every 3 steps in the United States.
                            Then McDonalds isnt trying hard enough

Couldnt resist
                            sigpic

Comment

Considering that they brought a crate of plain paper with them, I think it's perhaps possible that they also managed to bring some clothes with them.

Also, their shirts; they don't have to fit that snugly.

IMHO, the instance in Time of them gathering food is just one among many.

As for washing the clothes - same way they wash themselves, I'd hazard a guess (if they don't want to waste water).

Comment

They're training because Young made it clear that everyone had to pull their weight on the ship, literally. So they can't have people falling down and collapsing after walking a few miles carrying backpacks, or running a sprint to a gate cause horrible shrieking aliens are boring their ways into your teammates chests.

As for clothes, you got me there, either they found a repository of ancient gymwear, one of the many crates of worthless garbage they brought with them was fitness gear, or they found an ancient taylor's shop in the Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X