No announcement yet.

The Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*shrugs* I have the flu; I'm lucky if I can look at it for more than a few seconds without the world spinning. So I'll take your word for it.

Comment

I would prefer that Chloe sit in the chair. Give the girl something useful to do for a change. *rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
        I would prefer that Chloe sit in the chair. Give the girl something useful to do for a change. *rolls eyes*
        Yes lets kill a person to make them useful
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Just thinking (and i haven't read all of this thread) BUT does anything think the chair wasn't put there by the Ancients?

I know theirs been hints dropped that maybe the Icuras Base Personnal weren't the first people there (ie: the pod flying off at the end of Air Part 3, and Joseph Mallozzi has hinted it on his blog). but still, theres some weird blue glowing props in the chair room that don't look like the other stuff on Destiny. [see 'Life' screencap here]

Maybe Rush doesn't know what it does, and made up the "pre-head sucker" stuff so someone could sit in it, and thus see what it does?

Of course they could be red herrings, and i'll properly be proven wrong.
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

You'd assume Rush would instantly notice non-Ancient technology... But, then again...
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              My first reaction was that it was a predecessor to the Ancient Control Chairs, rather than the repositories.

Judging from what happened/was said in this episode though, I'm thinking that at some point Rush and Greer will agree to put him (Greer) in the chair. Whether that results in Greer dying or not, I'm not prepared to speculate just yet.
              Here are The Cap'n 's spoiler'd speculations

Spoiler:
              I have my suspicions that Cloe is going to sneak in and get into the chair, since she feels like she has no purpose. This would make her character much more interesting, especially if she travels home to her mother and starts accidentally talking Ancient instead of English. Or even better if it overrides her personality and they need to call in Daniel Jackson to communicate with her in some obscure ancient dialect.

OR
              Spoiler:
              Another sneaking suspicion is that the chair might actually make the person the ships AI, kind of like a living key card. The only way to override the systems is to actually have someone connected to the ship. This would explain why non-humanoid aliens couldn't get control, they didn't have compatible body chemistry.

OR
              Spoiler:
              It is not a database device, but a primitive control chair, and the crew is all worked up about nothing more than a simple device that will allow them to fly the ship!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Yes because someone doesn't have a skill for the Destiny lets kill her. That makes lots of sense.

Saves valuable resources for the people who actually DO something.

Although, doing that would be in the very essence of giving up your humanity, which im sure Rush would not have a problem with.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                  It is not a database device, but a primitive control chair, and the crew is all worked up about nothing more than a simple device that will allow them to fly the ship!

Giving the crew the ability to fly the ship would have massive benefits, and it is most definately not a "simple device".

With that they could get themselves to that naquadah planet, stay there until they figure out how to rig up the power, and gate home.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

I have my suspicions that Cloe is going to sneak in and get into the chair, since she feels like she has no purpose. This would make her character much more interesting, especially if she travels home to her mother and starts accidentally talking Ancient instead of English. Or even better if it overrides her personality and they need to call in Daniel Jackson to communicate with her in some obscure ancient dialect.
                    That might be a way to get DJ onto the show.

Another sneaking suspicion is that the chair might actually make the person the ships AI, kind of like a living key card. The only way to override the systems is to actually have someone connected to the ship. This would explain why non-humanoid aliens couldn't get control, they didn't have compatible body chemistry.
                    That is an interesting hypothesis. WE know some other systems required a person to be there to operate them, otherwise they did nothing. Maybe this does too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I hope not I like her.
                      Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                        Saves valuable resources for the people who actually DO something.

Although, doing that would be in the very essence of giving up your humanity, which im sure Rush would not have a problem with.
                        It also goes against almost every ethical rule in the book. Rush would be okay with it but Rush is okay with anything as long as he is safe. I doubt the more reasonable people like Young or Wray would support such a action
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It also goes against almost every ethical rule in the book. Rush would be okay with it but Rush is okay with anything as long as he is safe. I doubt the more reasonable people like Young or Wray would support such a action
                          Rush is okay with anything as long as the ship is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            Rush is okay with anything as long as the ship is safe.
                            Kind of the same thing as since if the ship dies he would die
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Kind of the same thing as since if the ship dies he would die
                              Not really the same thing at all. I don't get where you're getting this whole selfishest man alive thing from. It's simply not there, either scriptwise aside from when Young or one of his myrmidions says it, and it's certainly not how Carlyle plays it.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                Not really the same thing at all. I don't get where you're getting this whole selfishest man alive thing from. It's simply not there, either scriptwise aside from when Young or one of his myrmidions says it, and it's certainly not how Carlyle plays it.
                                Because its obvious. Almost everything Rush does is for his selfish motives. It becomes interesting when his motives cross with the crew's motives. He has yet to do something or make a sacrifice for the general intesrest of the crew.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X