This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Hey, I typed my peace. If you see my comment as making excuses, so be it. I'm just thinking ahead - if this were my story, I'd be thinking about the future and the present, or how the present impacts the future and how the future plays off of the present. I'm well aware I'm just a viewer here, but that's how my mind works - enjoy what's being seen so much that I'll want to think about how it can change and bend, twist and flow.

J.J. Abrams has little to nothing to do with Lost at the moment, and I never said anything about every mystery or storyline being tied up or finished up. Having watched Lost from Season 1 to Season 5 thus far, I'll say there have been some mysteries that were resolved, so whatever he said in that video is moot.

And speculation isn't that irrelevant - they're theories on where the story goes, which again, is all about thinking for the future. Either or - Whatever resolution to Young's arc that may or may not occur may be "contrived". Contrived or not, it doesn't mean it won't be relevant to the story or characters of SGU.

And considering that it has been drilled into our heads many times by now - Life basically laid it all out - that this show's only main plot is just the characters. "Their only mission is survival", as the show's been tagged. Survival, as in living day to day - just surviving - in a challenging environment. And who's doing the surviving? The characters!
    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I fail too see how that post was in anyway worthy of a faceplam.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        I fail too see how that post was in anyway worthy of a faceplam.
        Second that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Second that.
          Third. Aren't facepalms usually reserved for people who miss the point, rather than people who politely explain in detail why they hold a certain point of view?

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
            Third. Aren't facepalms usually reserved for people who miss the point, rather than people who politely explain in detail why they hold a certain point of view?
            Indeed or monumentally stupid statements. Posting one for a post that just happens to be a politely put differing opinion comes off as a little sour minded.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
              I think his point is that he doesnt like how the story in SGU isnt going anywhere at the moment.

Its cluttered up with mediocre melodrama, its not that it shouldnt have drama, but the drama needs to be leading somewhere.

Like in BSG the drama around the Chief and his wife (and child) ultimately led to something (aka he snaps and breaks the treaty between the cylons when he learns nr4 killed her), i cant imagine the drama around Young and his wife leading into something plot related.

If it does, feel free to point and laugh at me at that point in time.
              That's a little early to say what will or won't for sure happen. When did Cally and Chief Tyrol get together? Like season 2? The payoff from that, as you just described it, didn't happen until the series finale hell, she was DEAD by then!

So, be patient. Something of extreme importance may yet come of Young and Emily's relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                And speculation isn't that irrelevant - they're theories on where the story goes, which again, is all about thinking for the future. Either or - Whatever resolution to Young's arc that may or may not occur may be "contrived". Contrived or not, it doesn't mean it won't be relevant to the story or characters of SGU.
                Questions that dont have an answer at this point in time, and can not be conclusively determined by logical inquiry are completely irrelevant to the subject in question and can not be used as an argument in said context to the subject

So he completely missed the point of my post, therefore facepalm.
                Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Questions that dont have an answer at this point in time, and can not be conclusively determined by logical inquiry are completely irrelevant to the subject in question and can not be used as an argument in said context to the subject

It just seems that you don’t like the fact that he has a differing opinion from you, the face palm doesn’t work

Comment

Questions that dont have an answer at this point in time, and can not be conclusively determined by logical inquiry are completely irrelevant to the subject in question and can not be used as an argument.

I'm just gonna preface this by saying: please sir, don't facepalm me. I haven't been following this thread through all 50 (!) pages.

It seems to me though that MattSilver3K is speculating that indeed, something may come from what we've seen between Young and his wife, Eli and his mother, Scott and his ex gf, etc. You seem to be saying that we don't know that will happen and thus shouldn't speculate.

Ok, fair enough. Why would you be so jaded as to think that the writers are just dinking around, though? Like I said, sometimes it takes 2-3 seasons to get some meaning out of an onscreen relationship. Sometimes it takes seasons to get an answer to a question or concern that was brought up in the beginning. Your own example of the Tyrols from BSG is proof of this.

Comment

It just seems that you don’t like the fact that he has a differing opinion from you, the face palm doesn’t work
                      Sorry, but what i said is not a matter of opinion, stop tossing that word around.

He said in paraphrase:

"Youngs character arc may or may not be resolved, but when it does, it will be relevant to the plot."

Thats a circular self sustaining invalid argument.
                      Its an argument of such logical convolution that i cant even describe how spacetime bends around it into an abyss of aristotlean proportions.

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                      I'm just gonna preface this by saying: please sir, don't facepalm me. I haven't been following this thread through all 50 (!) pages.
                      I didnt face palm you.
                      Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Sorry, but what i said is not a matter of opinion, stop tossing that word around.
                        Saquist and you are related, admit it.
                        sigpic

Comment

He said in paraphrase:

"Youngs character arc may or may not be resolved, but when it does, it will be relevant to the plot."

Thats a circular self sustaining invalid argument.
                          Its an argument of such logical convolution that i cant even describe how spacetime bends around it into an abyss of aristotlean proportions.

I didnt face palm you.
                          Most things on this forum tend to be matters of opinion and trying to hide behind a complicated argument just makes you come across as arrogant and condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            Saquist and you are related, admit it.
                            He's my lover *muhmuhmuh*

Most things on this forum tend to be matters of opinion and trying to hide behind a complicated argument just makes you come across as arrogant and condescending.
                            Logic is not a matter of opinion, if you find that arrogant or condescending i could care less about, doesnt make it less true.
                            Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

He's my lover *muhmuhmuh*

Logic is not a matter of opinion, if you find that arrogant or condescending i could care less about, doesnt make it less true.
                              Made up wordy ******** in an attempt to sound clever isn’t logic.

Comment

Made up wordy ******** in an attempt to sound clever isn’t logic.
                                Feel free to refute my argument if you think its illogical.
                                Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X