This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Because its something the Ancients would do.

The better question is why did the Ancients put it there in the first place
    true probably to make sure nobody got their grubby little paws on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallienus View Post
      These early episodes of SGU are sort of reminding me of the first half of the fourth season of BSG, it seems like we're hitting a lot of plot points and character threads and we're not quite to the point where we get the payoff. I DO feel things are building up nicely, and on that point alone I'm interested to see where things go, in the latter half of season 1 and beyond.

Also kudos to Dr. Rush. Yeah he lied, he fabricated information, but he was not doing it for nefarious purposes. Giving people hope, a reason to live and as the Doctor put it to be "productive" is a far better alternative to helpless drudgery with no hope of rescue. In a sense Dr. Rush could be seen as an anti-villain so far in SGU, and Robert Carlyle is playing the part expertly. So far I'm satisfied, can't wait to see what Episodes 11-20 have in store.

So far as we can tell...Rush has no nefarious motives but this is very questionable for his creditability which he's definitely going to need for this crew.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan
        :Gags Saquist:
        LMAO!

Jokes aside I liked this episode. I loved Telford finally getting what had been sowing all along a good knuckle sandwich! I had no clue that the IOA chick was a <mod snip...the term is Lesbian, let's lose the locker room crudity and discuss it like adults please>, made me wish this show was on Showtime or HBO to see more skin! And once again Rush shows not only what a devious twerp he is but also that he is a freaking yellow belly coward that asks people to place their lives on the line when he is totally uniwlling to risk his own arse for anything. I wanted to shove him through the nearest airlock. I would not be surprised if somebody kills <snip>at some point and at this point he more than deserves to be killed.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 20 November 2009, 06:53 PM.
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

i'm looking forward to Justice in two weeks. looks like it will be one hell of a mid-season finale.

Comment

I thought the ep was alright, I guess. It had some good moments but like Saquist said it is barely recognizable as sci-fi. Oh look! They found an ancient chair! That was the only thing sci-fi in the whole episode and they didn't even use it.

It looks to me like Spencer is the one that's going to
            Spoiler:
            commit suicide. Hopefully, he'll do it the right way and use the chair so he can give the crew some useful information before he eats it.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 21 November 2009, 06:55 PM.

Comment

The ep was not bad, well some parts were bad, but some parts were pretty good like the Telford and Young conflict, also the Rush conflict as well. But I think the show is relying on those stones too much, and I think it is taking the quality away from the show. I feel they should focus more on the drama on the ship.

The Camille and Sharon scenes were just forced, and so was the Scott and his ex-GF. It was also very predictable that was his son, lol. I just think it was also forced. I think I understand what Michael Shanks meant about the drama and chracter moments being forced.

However, anytime Rush and Young get into a battle it comes so natural and I love it. We need more of that conflict drama, and less of the "I have a son and will make sure my paycheck pays for child support" At least next week it
              Spoiler:
              will be about someone getting murdered and someone is being framed.
              That is always interesting to me.

So far this was my least favorite ep of the series. First time I am giving the show below a 8/10, which gets a 7.5/10, the extra half a point is for Young punching out Telford in the end. Young is awesome.

Folks, we need some action!
              sigpic

Comment

This episode was like stargate 90210.........Way to much bs drama going on so far but still decent so far with lots of potential

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                  LMAO!

Jokes aside I liked this episode. I loved Telford finally getting what had been sowing all along a good knuckle sandwich! I had no clue that the IOA chick was a <Snipped by Moderater.See post 34> made me wish this show was on Showtime or HBO to see more skin! And once again Rush shows not only what a devious twerp he is but also that he is a freaking yellow belly coward that asks people to place their lives on the line when he is totally uniwlling to risk his own arse for anything. I wanted to shove him through the nearest airlock. I would not be surprised if somebody kills the SOB at some point and at this point he more than deserves to be killed.
                  ah you see...levity.
                  Already social broaden bonding us with slap stick remarks.
                  Yes take as it was.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 November 2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: Edited quoted piece in line with post 34 edit .No reply content altered

Comment

Eh... 6/10. I'll post more thoughts eventually.

This is my least favorite episode of the series so far, but there were some good moments in it. The whole Young/Telford conflict, though; I wonder if I'm the only person who dislikes it. Wasn't half as bad as the 'Scott, you have a son' thing, though, which I knew about weeks in advance and was dreading the entire time. Hardcore dreading.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Strange. I really enjoyed the Camille/Sharon scenes, and I definitely didn't mind Scott's scenes. It was interesting to see his reactions to finding all of that out so suddenly.

Conversely, I didn't really love the Young/Telford material. It wasn't that great, though I do (sort of) think him punching out Telford like that was warranted...as it's the case that Telford was apparently deliberately trying to sabotage his relationship with his wife, right?
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Strange. I really enjoyed the Camille/Sharon scenes, and I definitely didn't mind Scott's scenes. It was interesting to see his reactions to finding all of that out so suddenly.

Conversely, I didn't really love the Young/Telford material. It wasn't that great, though I do (sort of) think him punching out Telford like that was warranted...as it's the case that Telford was apparently deliberately trying to sabotage his relationship with his wife, right?
                        Different Strokes for Different folks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          The ep was not bad, well some parts were bad, but some parts were pretty good like the Telford and Young conflict, also the Rush conflict as well. But I think the show is relying on those stones too much, and I think it is taking the quality away from the show. I feel they should focus more on the drama on the ship.

The Camille and Sharon scenes were just forced, and so was the Scott and his ex-GF. It was also very predictable that was his son, lol. I just think it was also forced. I think I understand what Michael Shanks meant about the drama and chracter moments being forced.

However, anytime Rush and Young get into a battle it comes so natural and I love it. We need more of that conflict drama, and less of the "I have a son and will make sure my paycheck pays for child support" At least next week it
                          Spoiler:
                          will be about some getting murdered and someone if being framed.
                          That is always interesting to me.

So far this was my least favorite ep of the series. First time I am giving the show below a 8/10, which gets a 7.5/10, the extra half a point is for Young punching out Telford in the end. Young is awesome.

Folks, we need some action!
                          I hate to sound like an action junky but yes....I've never seen a show so starving for something more than just high school hi-jinx.

At this point it's getting annoying....
                          I recent looked up Babylon 5 and it was described as a character driven SCI FI show...which is what SGU was described and constantly defended as. B5 was never this slow.

Now I understand a character driven show but I've never been this board with a show since that Defying Gravity thing...

Comment

I didn't mind the Camille/Sharon scenes, though I won't say I'm in love with them, either. The Scott scenes were just really not my drink. Anything involving 'YOU HAVE A SON' moments rubs me the wrong way and I don't even know why. I've probably just seen it a billion, billion times and don't want to see it anymore. It doesn't help that I don't really care for children, anyway.

I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me on the Young/Telford thing. Another issue I have with it, though, is that I don't feel... anything regarding Young's wife. No offense to her actress on a personal level, but the woman doesn't do a damn thing for me. And they gave her too much makeup, too. She just strikes me as so jarringly housewife-esque from what little we can see of her character's day-to-day life, that I'd rather Young was done with her and worked more on the ship.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Awww I thought they were extremely well-done, both in writing and portrayal. I particularly loved how Wray identified herself to Sharon. It kinda got me

I agree. Enjoyed that part more than Matt's storyline.

Comment

This should have been a Telford Young episode.
                                I feel once again they are pulling one episode in too many directions.

Comment

Working...
                                X