This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    Y'know, there are many things about this show that I don't find particularly engaging, but the fact that, for the first time, they showed a genuinely loving, commited, and respectful relationship is absolutely not one of them.
    She's in a different body-in fact a younger body.

That's not respectful. No where near respectful

Honestly the question has to be asked of each and everyone of us.

If it were someone different would you?

I'm a spiritual type person-I really am-but I'll be honest when it comes to sex I'm having the sex with that persons body. And the same applies to them.

Here's the question:

If that person showed up at your door and they were say not as pretty (to you) as the person's body that you knew them to be would you have sex with that body?

I know I wouldn't. And I would hope that the consciousness of the person I'm saying no to this body would understand. In fact I think most of us would be flattered that a lover would say-let's wait...I want ALL of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      All which is still random speculation. You can infer all you want but I have yet to see proof that sex was used. They weren't even on the bed when the kiss occured.

And the part about Wray being in a different body she was talking about taste.
      I believe she said nothing tasted the same but everything was okay as far as the loving was concerned.

Something like that.

If you wish not to see that sex happened fine-but I think they were implying sex had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibblette View Post

If you wish not to see that sex happened fine-but I think they were implying sex had happened.
        Implying and something actually happening are two separate things. So is assuming
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

She's in a different body-in fact a younger body.

That's not respectful. No where near respectful

Honestly the question has to be asked of each and everyone of us.

If it were someone different would you?

I'm a spiritual type person-I really am-but I'll be honest when it comes to sex I'm having the sex with that persons body. And the same applies to them.

Here's the question:

If that person showed up at your door and they were say not as pretty (to you) as the person's body that you knew them to be would you have sex with that body?

I know I wouldn't. And I would hope that the consciousness of the person I'm saying no to this body would understand. In fact I think most of us would be flattered that a lover would say-let's wait...I want ALL of you.
          Body swapping is a separate issue. The relationship between these two women, the depth of their love for each other and commitment to their relationship was moving and very well presented.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
            At least this series is not that crap V (2009 series). They completely lost me when they tried to throw in the terrorist angle. Its that stupid angle shows have been using these days.
            they didn't jsut 'throw' that in, that was an aspect of V back in the original series. anyone that is 'against' the government can be called a 'terrorist'. If you read history, the Germans called the French resistance terrorists.

potato - pohtato

and V really has nothing to do with this episode
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
              I identified the medication a few episodes back, here is the post and my rationale:

If you have read threads I have posted to in the past you may have seen me wonder about the medication we have seen Spencer taking, i.e. whether or not it was an anti-psychotic drug or something similar.

Well I got curious and decided to try and identify what he was taking, and I believe I have...

I used the following high-resolution image from Gateworld and sharpened it so that I could more easily read the writing on the label.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=300347&fullsize=1

Blowing it up and sharpening allows you to make out some of the label:

"May cause dizziness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery."

"This medicine contains Acetaminophen, Taking more Acetaminophen than recommended may cause serious liver problems." - hard to make out, but identical to the warning label on this bottle.

"Taking more of this medication than recommended may cause serious breathing problems."

The label than says "Round White #3" - with a little picture of the pills

Searching the pill identification database for "round white #3" nets the following results.
              http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?ac...pe=24&start=20

This identifies the medication as acetaminophen-codeine phosphate (which fits given the label warning) - This is a painkiller medication (Tylenol #3) which contains the opioid codeine and is rather addictive if taken long term.

Given Spencer's previous instances of stealing supplies, it is a pretty safe bet that he will begin stealing painkillers from TJ when he runs out. (foreshadowed by TJ complaining that she had to use some of their precious drugs to knock out Telford when he was abusing Young's body.)

From the transcript:
              TELFORD: What did you ...

(He breathes heavily, then falls back onto the bed, unconscious. Johansen calmly starts packing her kit again.)

MEHTA: That was supposed to be for the pain! What did you give to him?

(Johansen picks up Telford's feet and swings him around so that he's lying flat on the bed.)

JOHANSEN: A strong sedative - which we are desperately short on and I should not have had to use - just so that Colonel Young can return to a body in working condition.

Comments?
              well, the pill he as taken wasn't round or white. I did a freeze-frame. DIdn't check this episode but the one episode he was dumping pills out of bottle they were a golden gell capsule.

it's possible he's addicted to painkillers. can't be anti-psychotics as who in their right mind would let anybody on that medication have a gun?

As for TJ knocking out Telford, that kind of action back on earth would probably get her courtmartialed or something. Not so much a medical decision as emotional one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                they didn't jsut 'throw' that in, that was an aspect of V back in the original series. anyone that is 'against' the government can be called a 'terrorist'. If you read history, the Germans called the French resistance terrorists.

potato - pohtato

and V really has nothing to do with this episode
                I agree its a bit off a sidetrack, but it was to the credit of this series.

You can tell the rubbish subtext that V was going for.

Back on topic.

I think its pretty clear who is going to commit suicide. He's reached the end of his rope.

Comment

In general the whole bodyswapping thing is weird and handled very weirdly.

We KNOW that Young used Telford's body to have sex with his wife, so that does not speak highly of him, nor does it speak too highly of his wife for having sex with another man.

Chloe and Eli go out clubbing; she gets blotto. So whoever actually owns that body is going to be one sick puppy when she pops back into it.

Camille and her galpal? Honestly, I think they had sex. It's not like you're goping to worry about pregnancy... unlike with Young/Telford/the estranged wife.

It would be interesting if someone would go "WTF? You're not (fill in name). Get out of here before I call the cops!" Seriously, everybody back on earth who aren't with the program seem to accept it so easily.

Does the SGC give out owner's manuals with the body swap?Don't do this, don't do that. What if the body is allergic to peanuts and say Eli isn't so he eats a PB sandwich?

I mean we might as well dig into this as we're not getting a heckuva lot of science fiction yet...

Comment

Body swapping is a separate issue. The relationship between these two women, the depth of their love for each other and commitment to their relationship was moving and very well presented.
                    I don't think so. I think it represents something totally different. Sexual gratification without the personal issues of each other (the bodies) takes it into the idea that it's just about the sex and it could be anyone that I have sex with.

It's not about each other-it's just about the sex.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      In general the whole bodyswapping thing is weird and handled very weirdly.

We KNOW that Young used Telford's body to have sex with his wife, so that does not speak highly of him, nor does it speak too highly of his wife for having sex with another man.

Chloe and Eli go out clubbing; she gets blotto. So whoever actually owns that body is going to be one sick puppy when she pops back into it.

Camille and her galpal? Honestly, I think they had sex. It's not like you're goping to worry about pregnancy... unlike with Young/Telford/the estranged wife.

It would be interesting if someone would go "WTF? You're not (fill in name). Get out of here before I call the cops!" Seriously, everybody back on earth who aren't with the program seem to accept it so easily.

Does the SGC give out owner's manuals with the body swap?Don't do this, don't do that. What if the body is allergic to peanuts and say Eli isn't so he eats a PB sandwich?

I mean we might as well dig into this as we're not getting a heckuva lot of science fiction yet...
                      Totally agree with you.

The big Science Fiction story here was just a footnote that was callously dismissed by Young. The Chair.

All their efforts should be to try and figure out what it does. Carefully and Cautiously but I really think Young ... just doesn't see it that way.

I think Young is actually the reincarnation of Captain Bligh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibblette View Post
                        I don't think so. I think it represents something totally different. Sexual gratification without the personal issues of each other (the bodies) takes it into the idea that it's just about the sex and it could be anyone that I have sex with.

Burn the witches, burn them!

C'mon people this is getting ridiculous.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm with Prion that the writers are handling the whole thing oddly, but I have difficulty believing that, having heard the way the women talked about their life and future together, and their commitment to each other, you could think it was just about sex. It seems to me that your distaste for the bodyswapping aspect is making you think that's all it's about.

Comment

to me, the 'gimme' is that
                            Spoiler:

spencer will off himself
                            but i don't think it's him. I think it'll be one of the scientists. spencer, however, will freak and it'll be interesting to see if he can detox from the drugs he's on

now, if spencer kills himself, that'll be predictable, so i'm hoping for the former
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              All which is still random speculation. You can infer all you want but I have yet to see proof that sex was used. They weren't even on the bed when the kiss occured.

And the part about Wray being in a different body she was talking about taste.
                              While I also think that Sharon and Camille had sex, and I don't have a problem with that, but everyone can think what they want about that, however there's still something here that is incorrect, Jel.

They were on the bed. Take a look at these screen captures:
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=906&pos=369
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=906&pos=371
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=906&pos=372

The first one is Camille coming out of the shower.
                              In the second one we see her walking to the bed, on which Sharon is sitting.
                              In the third one they are sitting on the bed, kissing.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              You know, Camille her girlfriend has a name, it's Sharon.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I'm with Prion that the writers are handling the whole thing oddly, but I have difficulty believing that, having heard the way the women talked about their life and future together, and their commitment to each other, you could think it was just about sex. It seems to me that your distaste for the bodyswapping aspect is making you think that's all it's about.
                                It is. I'm not saying it isn't.

Are you saying that if someone showed up at your door and said I'm your lover but I'm in a different body or even if you knew ahead of time that you would just say "Okay" and then have sex with them.

Are you saying that the physical has nothing to do with the attraction with your loved one.

Of course maybe this is why people can mess around on one another. Is it?

Because honestly I would be saying nope-not having the sex with a strange body.

The whole sweetness of sex with your significant other is that you know one another and you know each other's body and no one else's.

And if it isn't just about the sex-then why did they have sex.

What does their plans for the future have to do with having sex. They can talk about those things without having sex.

But they did have sex-so why say it isn't about the sex. I don't get that. So what if they talked sweetly to one another. So what.

Comment

Working...
                                X