Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't think it was anything more than Rush trying to reach his own agenda by calming the masses and keeping them on board whilst he does.

I don't think it was supposed to be a massive cover up.

Now that everyone knows there's hope, who cares if someone finds out because Young isn't going to warrant the truth going back out to the masses when he can keep them cooperative and useful.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

I say Young will kill Spencer in the next episode
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The problem with this episode and almost all of the episodes so far is that the show is not taking advantage of the scifi situation that they are in. They went through a stargate after being attacked by a space based civilization to arrive at a ancient ship built by an exotic culture. They have access to a stargate and smaller ships. And what does the show focus on, Earth based relationships and sex. What is the point of the scifi elements if you are not going to use them.
        Last edited by OakRidge; 22 November 2009, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          But this is only a new development from Life, isn't it?
          You would think some scientists from Area 51 would be jumping at the chance to study some of the Ancient tech on the Destiny. Not necessarily the ones that came up with the ill fated plan in Earth, but the ones studying all the Ancient stuff brought back in SG1 and Atlantis. Instead, it's just nameless Airmen and Airwomen( is that the proper term?) sitting in a guarded room. Or did Telford ruin the whole thing?

Comment

This was such a disappointing episode After Time, I had hope that we might have been done with the "Meet this character, know their issues, watch the troubles of getting basic essentials" thing done, and moved on to real plots. Such a sharp backtrack to the drama/soap opera style of this episode was jarring, and a bit upsetting.

I personally don't understand why a lot of people I see seem to think
            Spoiler:
            Telford is at fault. I haven't seen anything except scenes cut up to make it look misleading. Even if he were, Young was way out of line, doing what he did.

I wish we'd seen more from the sci-fi tech aspect of the episode.
            Spoiler:
            The chair looks really interesting, but I was disappointed not to see it as the command chair. I had brief hope that we'd be driving toward something when Rush said that the Icarus planet was in the distance.

Now I'm really...quite...meh. I keep waiting for Universe to come into itself as a new generation of Stargate, and it keeps disappointing me. I sorely hope for something interesting to happen over the half-season break, and be worth the false alarn of this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
              I personally don't understand why a lot of people I see seem to think Telford is at fault.
              Because he's a lying liar.

Comment

i doubt rush tried it THAT hard to plant a message. all eli had to do was re-connect to the seeder ship database and cross reference

Comment

I think Rush probably didn't have time to properly cover his tracks and wrongly believed that if he was discovered, Young would want to keep it secret in order to keep morale up.
                  However, he hadn't factored in Camille overhearing when Young found out and Young, very stupidly imho, allowing her to tell the rest of the crew.

While what Rush did was definitely wrong, if I was Young, I probably would have played ignorant to it and allowed the deception to continue. Yes, the people on board will be pissed a year down the line when they get to where this planet is supposed to be and it isn't there, but in the meantime, having greater morale and productivity may have opened up new options for them.

Of course, there is also the possibility that after a year of false hope, they would lynch both Young and Rush, but personally I would take that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                    The problem with this episode and almost all of the episodes so far is that the show is not taking advantage of the scifi situation that they are in. They went through a stargate after being attacked by a space based civilization to arrive at a ancient ship built by an exotic culture. They have access to a stargate and smaller ships. And what does the show focus on, Earth based relationships and sex. What is the point of the scifi elements if you are not going to use them.
                    What is more scifi then transferring your consciousness halfway across the univeres
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      What is more scifi then transferring your consciousness halfway across the univeres
                      and flying into a sun time travel aliens bugs
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                        What is the point of the scifi elements if you are not going to use them?
                        Not going to use them yet. They introduced Destiny's sub-space communicator in Light, its weapons in Earth, its potential repository of knowledge/control chair here in Life... They're setting up these little sci-fi-esque elements for later plotlines instead of having one episode be about the chair and the next episode completely forgetting about it. Just arc-based storytelling...
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          Not going to use them yet. They introduced Destiny's sub-space communicator in Light, its weapons in Earth, its potential repository of knowledge/control chair here in Life... They're setting up these little sci-fi-esque elements for later plotlines instead of having one episode be about the chair and the next episode completely forgetting about it. Just arc-based storytelling...
                          Which (the arc based storyline) I like better. It's nice to have everything tie into something else instead of only sole, lonely blocks of info.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                            People with personality disorders make AWESOME foot soldiers. No fear no empathy, ready to run in and kill everyone and probably die. Thats who I want to kill people for me. Some guy cutting notches in the barrel of the gun!
                            In video games and movies.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              I still want more aliens.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                                I still want more aliens.
                                same here i want more off world mission the concept of the clock is awesome but yet under used
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X