Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter and McKay should be jumping at the chance.
    And either of them would bring a firmly unclenched bottom... I'd love to see McKay straighten out some of those people

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
      And if that really happened Young would have faced a Court Martial for hitting a senior officer, I guess they no longer care about Military regs and protocol??

If they wanted to do real 'life' the military would have arrested Young for that or booted him from the military and for using someone elses body to do it. and then they leave it hanging like that???

(MHO)
      soldiers get in dustups all the time. why do you think they have brigs?

Originally posted by techs View Post
      Seriously, are the writers so pissed at SyFy for cancelling SGA or the SGA movie they are intentionally ruining this show?
      I give this epi an F.
      the powers that be at Bridge studios ended the show, skiffy didn't cancel it

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
      Hmm,I was under the impression that Telford out ranked Young? even they were both Col's??? I used to be in the military, trust me, if you punched an officer of any kind, you were arrested.

And yes the writers know Telford cant do anything about it. lol. Because he swaped bodies. I hate that they left that part hanging. Best scene in the whole ep I thought.
      like some have said, young was the boss of Icarus, telford was supposed to go to the destiny, so in Telford's mind, Young 'stole' his mission and Telford wants it back, and apparently is willing to lie and manipulate to get it

Originally posted by Jper View Post

Actually when the true reasons for Rush's lying = him wanting to boost moral, will come to the ears of people, many may have a lot of respect for him, and the fall-out may be for Young, not Rush. Certainly for people in leadership position.
      It could also be seen that Rush didn't give a fig about morale in general. He just wanted :

People to be more productive in a better mood
      To ease the 'ome we gotta get home' pressure

it can be seen as an attempt to help the ship in general, but also, he did it to further his own goals, to remain on the Destiny
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would hardly showing more of Scott and Wray's backstory uselss. Uninteresting is totally up to a person's opinion but developing character is rarely useless

It is just not that on the surface, it is what it is that is the problem. It is just too predictable and that is why it is uninteresting. People have been calling many of these "oooooooh drama" moments before they've unfolded. The foundations built upon these episodes are becoming too expected now and its only a matter of time before it gets stale and boring.
        " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
        - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

Originally posted by valerius View Post
          And either of them would bring a firmly unclenched bottom... I'd love to see McKay straighten out some of those people
          And I'd love to see Greer throw McKay out of an airlock, but it's never going to happen.
          It would be too easy if McKay or Carter could just jump in and save the day like they did on SG1 and Atlantis.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            It could also be seen that Rush didn't give a fig about morale in general. He just wanted :

People to be more productive in a better mood
            To ease the 'ome we gotta get home' pressure

it can be seen as an attempt to help the ship in general, but also, he did it to further his own goals, to remain on the Destiny
            Oh yeah, that's very well possible, and probably true, but even so... It seems like the relationship between Rush and the other scientists has greatly improved over the last weeks, and seems almost as if Rush has come to appreciate/value their help/assistance, or has at least realized that they can be useful to do the things so that he can occupy himself with things he finds/deems more important.

So then it seems unlikely that Rush would have wanted that to backfire on him and was indeed trying to get people in better spirits both for his own cause as for the sake raising moral, as for the others.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Good episode!

I really feel for spencer cuz ive been there. Coming of ur meds with a prexisting mental problem isnt gonna be pretty. Someones gonna push him wrong and /snap.

I didnt see any hint that there was lesbian sex, some of you people are seeing sex everywhere. Lol. What a weird hang up lol.

Theres gonna be some new rules on stone usage after Young lied and kicked the crap out of Telford. That poor officer that greeted him seemed soo excited about his job too

I honestly doubt the military cares what the crew are doing with their borrowed bodies. Everythings being covered up anyways so apart from murdering someone on live tv, theyre gonna be hushed up.

That chair looks way scarier than Atlantis or even Ori chairs. But like whats his face said Id sit in it to help everyone else get home.

lol @ scotts baby momma being a stripper

Comment

i thikn the next episode's name ' justice' pretty much speaks to rules and reckoning
                and yeah, i didn't get a sex vibe from sharon and Camille. I got a 'comfort from my partner' vibe

sigpic

Comment

Eli's mother was cleared to know what was going on, Eli just chose not to tell her. Big difference.
                  Did we ever get told that?

I don't know why it matters if a gay person, or a straight person ports over. Does it matter if it's a black person, or an Asian one?
                  Just cause you have no issues with it does not mean others won't. I know from experience guys who are straight either become violent or suicidal when they find out they had a 'gay episode'. Case and point. Twice while stationed in Guam (05-07) 1 sailor and one airmen from Anderson AFB killed the hooker they were with when they found out that the hooker was a ******. The one who did not off himself (the airman) said he did it cause he felt betrayed that someone who is gay (the ******) would try to force the issue of getting it on with someone straight by subterfuge.
                  Would you think swapping a gay person into a straight person to be any less traumatic?

The SGC wouldn't allow that to happen.
                  You know that for certain?

Oh and what the hell is wrong with Spencer!?
                  I am wondering if he may be manic deperssive and those meds were what he used to keep sane.

Also why aren't they addressing the body swapping limits. At this point General oniell should be like

Nooooo sex or making out in others bodies. Period.

They say they are going to address issues but they never do.
                  Perhaps if we all make enough noise on this, they WILL get the message they need to.

- Scott. He's in the worst possible situation a parent could ever find themselves in. Not only is his fatherhood brand new information at this late stage, but his son is living with a pro-stripping mother who neglects him. That's a nightmare i wouldn't wish on anyone. Dynamite reason for getting back to Earth if ever i heard one.
                  I actually felt for scott when she said she was happy doing what she did. Cause it means she cares not (or so it seems) that her son stays at home all alone.

and it's not lilke the earth bound 'stoners' are doing it against their will. they're all volunteers. they know what they're getting into. they're far from helpless victims
                  DO we honestly know they are all volunteers? Perhaps they could have made a watchbill for stone duty. All hands participation.

How do you propose they punish him? Punishment will only stick if he let's it stick, otherwise Rush or Scott can pull the plug and have him back on the Destiny in a flash.

Earth, the IOA and Jack, haven't quite figured out they really have no control over those on Destiny yet... but I have a sneaking suspicion that will change.
                  Perhaps their punishment is the denying the stones, or when they DO use them confining them to the base. I imagine if everyone started get being denyied off base privelages to see their folks, that will get back to Young..

if they were being ordered to, then I cant' see there being issues like Telford and Mehta 'hogging' the stonetime. there would be a hard and fast schedule.
                  Coming from someone who is in the mil, i can tell you many would have no issues with someone else willingly extending their watch time into yours so you don't have to stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    Well, all those solutions would be rather forced. This way I find it to be a better end for the stones. A breakpoint and the choosing not to use them or conflict about them I find more intriguing than just running out of juice which would be kind of stupid/unbelievable. Plus, they probably could recharge it via the "recharge-plate" Riley discovered.
                    Not forced if they had a device on Icarus and Rush grabbed it, in case they ended up outside communication range. I'd expect him to think that far ahead. True it could be recharged by the plate, so I'm hoping a breakage.

Well, it doesn't have to be Carter or McKay. And people on Earth are working on it. We saw that in Earth and that did not turn out good. So now they are refusing help. OR at least they are refusing to share much info, so I imagine that would be a problem. So I feel that's actually been resolved a bit. Also, J.M. said on his blog that Carter and McKay are tied to other activities.
                    Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    While I partially agree with the overuse of the stones, I think it might be important to point this out. According to Joseph Mallozzi's blog:

1) I still didn’t understand why neither Carter nor Mckay have been brought on yet to deal with the situation.

Answer: 1) Given the timeline of events for the movies, both would have been initially too busy dealing with equal/greater concerns.

So, we have an answer. Though I hope this is mentioned in-context of SGU as well.
                    What movies? From what I understood, the SG-1 movies had already been done, timeline-wise. After all, the Hammond is officially in service now. While I can understand if they have something else going on, it would be nice to mention it in the series.

The SGA movie is infinitely on hold as far as I know, so McKay should be free

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      But this is the point of Sci fi!
                      *hides from the "this aint sci fi" crowd*
                      Ok if anyone can look me in the eye and say the reason they watch sgu every week and the reason they love SGU is because It teaches them patience, I'll believe you. We all go to watch stargate to be entertained. The average viewer doesn't watch sgu to learn patience.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Did we ever get told that?
                        Yeah, in Earth it is clearly mentioned.

Comment

Not forced if they had a device on Icarus and Rush grabbed it, in case they ended up outside communication range. I'd expect him to think that far ahead. True it could be recharged by the plate, so I'm hoping a breakage.
                          actually, young grabbed the stones. rush just took credit for it while young was unconscious

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            huh? I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Also, Young was the one who brought the stones, not Rush.

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            What movies? From what I understood, the SG-1 movies had already been done, timeline-wise. After all, the Hammond is officially in service now. While I can understand if they have something else going on, it would be nice to mention it in the series.

The SGA movie is infinitely on hold as far as I know, so McKay should be free
                            McKay is busy with the some other things, which will be explained in the SGA-movie, or at least in the written script of the SGA movie McKay is busy so that coincides with the events in SGU.

Carter is busy with something else.

You're focusing too much on Carter and McKay in specific, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                              The show is entertaining some of us, some of us it isn't. Not everyone is gonna be entertained by the same thing .

I don't think you could ever pretend that is a universal feeling, afterall there have been a lot of straight guys and gals playing gay and it doesn't bother them too much. Conversly, there have been gay guys and gals playing straight too - and they manage.
                              But I doubt those actors would kiss the same sex just for fun. The fact is part of their job is to do it.

Now granted i wouldn't make out with another guy even if my job depended on it. I'm just saying the average strait air force dude probably doesn't want a person billions of light years away to stick their tounge in another person of the same sex's mouth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Too much damn melodrama.

The evil asian chick is lesbian. Hoorray.
                                Scott got a son. Hooray. Mother is a stripper. Hooray.
                                Telford is ****in Youngs wife. Hooray.

It's like I am watching a soap opera.

Comment

Working...
                                X