Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode had MEAH written all over it. So what's the deal, each week 2 persons swap bodies, meet their loved ones on earth, get sticky and swap back? (so if there are like 100 people on board it's enough material for 50 ep with the same story reshot for each character?) I don't even think they showed at least a shot of the stargate. This LRC is really starting to anoy me and even though i fairly enjoyed sgu till now this ep was just boring
    "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      pa has again learned a new word "swex"
      You do know I totally made that word up. Its not a real word
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You do know I totally made that word up. Its not a real word
        it's in the urban dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Swex

real word in a slang sense
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

loved the fight scene with Young and Telford he did a number on telford.
          Great he came from behind what Figth?? It was a sneaky Attack from a Coward.

5 Min Scif
          40 Min Human Social Crap
          prisecless

Comment

So, we saw what Spencer was like off his meds... What were they? ADHD meds? What will he do? kill someone?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Because as you know people are never immoral or never illoglogical
              Of course they're not. What kind of Pagan village do you come from?
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That was boring.

Three words sum up the episode for me. Nothing else needs to be said... because essentially nothing happened. We found a chair, some more people went back to Earth and cried, and Young and Telford continue to have a ridiculously outrageous and unrealistic sissy fight. Oh, and the chair we found has information that we won't be using because, well, apparently no one's going to sit in it. Awesome!!

That episode could have easily lasted 20 minutes if the crap was cut, leaving more time for something to actually take place.

Sorry, but this was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                  So, we saw what Spencer was like off his meds... What were they? ADHD meds? What will he do? kill someone?
                  I think it's fair to say that Spencer's already lost it. Either they were anti-depressants, anti-psychotics or some other type of psychiatric medication. Whatever the case, the way he keeps ragging on Dr. Franklin pretty much shows me he's deteriorating into nearly sociopathic behavior.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
                    That was boring.

Three words sum up the episode for me. Nothing else needs to be said... because essentially nothing happened. We found a chair, some more people went back to Earth and cried, and Young and Telford continue to have a ridiculously outrageous and unrealistic sissy fight. Oh, and the chair we found has information that we won't be using because, well, apparently no one's going to sit in it. Awesome!!

That episode could have easily lasted 20 minutes if the crap was cut, leaving more time for something to actually take place.

Sorry, but this was pathetic.
                    I only wish...
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

He's going to kill someone. Oh wait, he probably will? Has anyone made the connection yet with next weeks episode.

Spoilers/Spec for Justice:
                      Spoiler:
                      They say theirs a murder, and young is framed. Spencer CURRENTLY does not like Young (So i believe, lol) Could spencer possibly be the one behind it all?

Just a thought.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 November 2009, 02:45 AM. Reason: Inserted spoiler tags for "Justice".
                      sigpic

Comment

loved the fight scene with Young and Telford he did a number on telford.
                        Which to me is surprising considering all the m/art training LDP has had over the years for many of his films..

And that he is more of a marine than young is in regards to being 'on the ball'.

As am I. I think it'd be epic if Chloe ended up sitting in it later in the season. Not that I think they have to do this to make her character interesting, but it would be a path I wouldn't really expect them to take
                        It would indeed be a twist if she turned out to be the only one who can control it, as if that was the only thing they put the ATA controlling tech in at the time and she is the only one with the gene. BUT i seriously doubt it. I think rush is going to get Greer to let him sit in it.

I love what Young did to Telford...however, why doesn't Young just go to Jack O'Neill and tell him what a bad officer Telford is being and get him pulled?
                        Less satisfaction. Easier to do. Would O'Neill even believe him?

ne question though...if they are keeping the body swaps same gender...how do they know who goes into whose body?

how do they know which genders are coming when if they have no other means of communication?
                        Agreed. IMO it is about time they had a gender swap.

Also kudos to Dr. Rush. Yeah he lied, he fabricated information, but he was not doing it for nefarious purposes. Giving people hope, a reason to live and as the Doctor put it to be "productive" is a far better alternative to helpless drudgery with no hope of rescue. In a sense Dr. Rush could be seen as an anti-villain so far in SGU, and Robert Carlyle is playing the part expertly. So far I'm satisfied, can't wait to see what Episodes 11-20 have in store.
                        Besides the Young/Telford fight, and scott's finding out he has a kid, that imo was the best aspect of it, plot wise. The finding the chair a close second.

We need more of that conflict drama, and less of the "I have a son and will make sure my paycheck pays for child support" At least next week it
                        I actually found a lot more respect for Scott when he did that.

This whole body swapping for sex is really getting sick
                        While it is reasonable to see that sex with their loved ones is one thing they would want to do, you would think the powers in charge would have made mention by now, that it is a no no since they are in other people's bodies.
                        Also, why was SHE cleared to know, but not Scotts squeeze? Or Eli's mom?

Once again, Chloe seemed to have very little purpose.
                        True but i LOVED the ending where she and Eli were doing Yoga while everyone else was working out.

Eli did have some good moments, like working on the “Stargate Powered by the Star” plan, as well as him showing he was trying to get in shape working out with Chloe.
                        I wonder how much longer Young will have him checking it over. IIRC Eli said he has checked it twelve times and the results all come out the same. DISASTER!

Finally, Wray. I don’t know how else to say this, but I think I dislike her more then Chloe. As one of the high ranking members of the IOA she completely abused some young woman’s body by engaging in intimacy with her partner. I have nothing against same sex relationships, but the young woman she was inhabiting might.
                        Agreed. I mean, i do not see many men having an issue with having sex with a woman (even if it is someone elses wife), but i cannot see many women who are NOT bi or gay wanting to have sex with another woman, especially one you don't know.

Anyway, it was nice they were bringing up the SG-1 stories, including the ones where O'neill downloaded all of the ancient knowledge in his head. I wish the ep had more scenes focused around this discovery. I loved the drama between Young and Rush who debated about using the chair, and when Young said you can sit in the chair, Rush did not say a word,
                        Agreed. IMO more of the chair and less of scott/his gf and/or Cray and her GF would have made this a 10 out of 10 for me. As it stands it is only around a 6.

Two people already have had a bigger problem with body swap gay sex than body swap straight sex. Sad.
                        True. BUT here is a question for ya. would YOU concent to allowin someone elses mind to take over YOUR body to go shag another guy (asuming you are not already gay?)??
                        If not, then i can easily see why so many are having heart aches with this.
                        And what makes it even worse, is the chick she was in WAS MILITARY, therefore is under the policy of 'dont ask, don't tell. NO GAYS. Ergo could her being used that way by Cray be terms for her to get busted for being gay?

IS EITHER RIGHT?!
                        To me as long as the one being 'ported into' concents it is ok. BUT i wonder if those being used on the SGC side of house have a say in the matter. They do not know if they will get a straight guy, gay guy, straight gal, gay gal etc?

And, not all views are worthy of respect. I wouldn't respect someone who felt that using someone's body to have inter-racial swap-sex is worse than same-race swap-sex because the person swapping may not want to have sex with someone of a different race. I feel pretty much the same way about the gay/straight thing. Both wrong or both OK.
                        Being military i fight to allow you to have your views and opinions. BUT i do not agree on the above. YES to me it is more wrong for someone to body swap for gay sex or interracial sex, than it would be for straight. ESPECIALLY since as mentioned above, the ones they seem to swap into are all military and therefore prohibited from it via regulations. Therefore it is worse as it could cause them to be kicked out. FOR NO fault of their own.
                        That and to me it is morally wrong, unless they happened to 'port' into someone who is already gay themselves.

That actually doesn't happen very often with organization like...the military who have an image to maintain and are opening themselves up to law suits...

These organization normally Cover they're...butts...on this kind of thing...not expose themselves to litigation.
                        Very true. They are opening themselves up big time. WEll if they allowed military personnel to sue the military. And since all we have seen use the stones from the earth side (other than those 2 scientists who accompanied Telford) were military it is a mute point.
                        BUT if they were civilian, i could easily see one suing for violation of their rights. Whether the case would even go anywhere or not, i doubt it as it would be one hell of a breach of security/

OK let's analyze this. You are swapping your body with someone else billions of light years away eager to reconnect with their loved ones, eat something that is not a freaking MRI as they do onboard the ship and yes have intimacy with their wives or husbands or lovers as the case might be. I'd say that is pretty clear you have agreed to have your body used by whoever in the manner he/she sees fit while is in control. Otherwise there would be no point to it at all.
                        It is YOU eating the food not them. THey may have the taste sensation, but is your body having to put up with what is ate. What if you have food alergies? And i cannot see them having people concent to 'what ever the other person wants to do' being allowed.

So... no ones cares to know how come all ship crew suddenly had identical shirts and pants and went on a run like that? Good thing they had time to pack that in their... oh wait, no they didn't come with briefcases full of clothing! what the...
                        Yea, that was kind of strange. As well as all the water they will be using to take showers after each run/work out session. Where did that come from? OR have they stocked up on more water since the events of "water".

I don't really see how its any different from a man going home to see his wife or vice versa. Surely the people who use the stones realize people are going to want to see their loved ones. I don't see a kiss a major violation of body rights
                        SO you are not committed to your wife (assuming your married)> Would you not freak out and have issues if someone ported into your body to have sex with another woman, Or another man?

Basically, I disagree that we always need to respect other's beliefs. Generally, yes--but some views are not worthy of respect, such as a racist belief. Picture two scenarios: A. someone swaps bodies and has sex with someone of the same race as the host. B. someone swaps bodies and has sex with someone of a different race from the host. I would have a problem with a viewer saying that scenario B is worse than scenario A because what if the host disagrees with race-mixing. Either A and B are both wrong, or A and B are both right. I would not respect that person's opinion.

Similarly I would not respect someone's opinion if they think that borrowing a body for gay sex is worse than borrowing it for straight sex. Again, equally wrong or OK.
                        And yet again i disagree. In all the times i have had sex with members of certain ethnicities, i have barely been able to 'hold interest' to go all the way. BUT other than the 2 times i was drunk, i have never had that issue with others. So therefore to ME having sex with the 'ethnicity' is off the table. If someone took over me to have sex with his SO of that ethnicity, i would have more of an issue than if someone took over me to have sex with someone of my own ethnicity.
                        And it is more pronounced for the gay side of house.

In fact, I want to find out what is going to eventually happen as a result of people using the bodies of others inappropriately.
                        Darn skippy. I would love to see a clip of back on earth some of those who have been swapped into complaining to Gen O'neill about the sex.

My entire family agrees that the body-swapping sex is ridiculous. Ok, so MAYBE your wife/ gf/ life partner believes this incredible body switching story that some Air Force Major comes and tells them. Still, would they just up and have sex with someone else's body? My guess would be no, realistically.
                        Agreed. I could see some accepting it enough to talk to you, but imo it would take a lot more convincing to get them to have sex...

This isn't the place for a gay rights discussion.
                        What about gay lefts

Why should it be any different then a stone person kissing his husband or wife
                        Do you mean straight? Perhaps someone just thinks it is wrong. Not to mention the whole is it allowable cause for a divorce on adultery charge, if i swap into someone married to have sex with someone else.

Comment

^ hmm this is true, but i have been spoiler free.

Comment

My only reply to this thread would be

Ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Also, why was SHE cleared to know, but not Scotts squeeze? Or Eli's mom?
                              Eli's mother was cleared to know what was going on, Eli just chose not to tell her. Big difference.

To me as long as the one being 'ported into' concents it is ok. BUT i wonder if those being used on the SGC side of house have a say in the matter. They do not know if they will get a straight guy, gay guy, straight gal, gay gal etc?
                              I don't know why it matters if a gay person, or a straight person ports over. Does it matter if it's a black person, or an Asian one?

ESPECIALLY since as mentioned above, the ones they seem to swap into are all military and therefore prohibited from it via regulations. Therefore it is worse as it could cause them to be kicked out. FOR NO fault of their own.
                              That and to me it is morally wrong, unless they happened to 'port' into someone who is already gay themselves.
                              First, don't ask don't tell does mean not gays in the military - it just means you don't get to make it public. Furthermore, no one is going to get booted for having 'relations' while their body is inhabited by another conciousness.

The SGC wouldn't allow that to happen.

People were talking about the riules of bodyswapping. In Earth when Young, Eli and Chloe were talking while they were on Earth Young clearly said 'you can visit yur family, as long as you follow the rules". Now, we don't know what the rules are, and it could be a simple disclosure rule - but there are definately rules in place.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Found it really boring. For a show that's trying to be character based, the characters are annoying and stale. Kinda feel sad knowing that Universe could cause Stargate as a whole to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X