This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
    Indeed, sorry. I just wanted to point out that the point should either be (as Saquist did mention) that it's right or wrong. Sexual preference shouldn't factor into one's opinion on "swex"

Yeah, I'd noticed you were from Burlington some time ago. What high school did you go to?
    I already claimed copyright on the swex term. You owe 10 rep points

And yes Briangate your post made sense. The good:bad scene ratio determines the epicness and suckiness of a show
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      LOL! I've missed our conversations Mitchell82.
      Yeah me too.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I already claimed copyright on the swex term. You owe 10 rep points

And yes Briangate your post made sense. The good:bad scene ratio determines the epicness and suckiness of a show
        Lexx anyone?
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          Of course Empress.
          "Gag me" was merely an opener. Suffice to say I was thoroughly bored. I'm having a hard...very hard time caring about many of the characters it's all I can do to lick a moment of sympathy for Young, Scott and others....so many of these episodes go nowhere....we are where we where essentially when the show began and sure we have air and water, we've survied a horror film but nothing has engaged my mind at all.

I can barely recognize the show as SCI FI.
          it's a character drama that takes place in space with science fiction elements
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Lexx anyone?
            Wall to wall epic?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was this the episode that was supposed to have a lesbian sex scene? Cos unless I watched the heavily censored/cut version, i didnt see anything that would cause controversy?

Comment

Oh and btw.

Wray is a human resources person. She should know to consider her hosts sexual orientation and should consider that her host probably wouldn't want her making out with another girl.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought this episode very much related to last week's one, Time.
                  They took a 40 minute episode and made it seem like 400.
                  Last edited by david2708; 20 November 2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    Oh and btw.

Wray is a human resources person. She should know to consider her hosts sexual orientation and should consider that her host probably wouldn't want her making out with another girl.
                    Why should it be any different then a stone person kissing his husband or wife
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Why should it be any different then a stone person kissing his husband or wife
                      It shouldn't I had the same feeling watching Camille and Sharon as did watching Emily and Young..."that's somebody else's body!!"
                      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        It shouldn't I had the same feeling watching Camille and Sharon as did watching Emily and Young..."that's somebody else's body!!"
                        I don't see a kiss a major immoral violation like sex. Actors kiss all the time when it doesn't mean anything. Its more who is behind it
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

OK, so I watched Time last week and had to wait a week after that cliffhanger ending to catch the rest in Life, only to find this filler? Oooooooooooooor, did I miss an episode? Is anyone else annoyed that they decided to just forget their cliffhanger, and let the audience assume that the team must have quickly gone to the planet, found the creatures, found a way to get enough of them, were able to properly make a serum from the creatures venom without any real lab equipment, and administered it before everyone died. yeah, that wouldn't take up a whole episode and wouldn't be remotely entertaining to watch.................OR did i just miss the conclusion?

Comment

I don't see a kiss a major immoral violation like sex. Actors kiss all the time when it doesn't mean anything. Its more who is behind it
                            The key for me here is consent. If the bodies Wray and the others jumped into gave consent for them to kiss, have sex, etc with whoever they wanted, then I don't have a problem with it.

But based on what I've seen, I haven't gotten a sense that that consent has been given, and it's a big enough of issue for me that I can't just assume it's been given.

sigpic

Comment

I don't have a problem with the swex itself, but I would very much appreciate some throwaway dialogue concerning the various swappers giving consent to do XYZ in their bodies while they're swapped. Unless they intend to bring this up as a moral issue later, in which case, BRING IT ON.

I really responded to a lot of the smaller things in the episode.

Practically every scene with TJ talking to the crew was fantastic and revealing in a lot of cool ways. Greer's scene was awesome. And I loved that moment where Volker just slightly reveals how crazy life on the ship is making him and you have TJ's subtle recognition of this. Good drama there. In terms of writing, directing, and acting- it was all just extremely solid.

The episode as a whole didn't blast me into next week, but I liked it overall. Enjoyed the way the music bookended the "day in the life" sort of feel to the story. Can't wait to see the resolution to the Spencer story.

And Young laying the smackdown on Telford? Frakking awesome.

Comment

pa has again learned a new word "swex"
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X