Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush's actions, situation and how will he get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few possibilities here.
    Spoiler:
    Rush could fix the crashed ship (what was showing didn't look that damaged, that would be the most obvious solution I'd think). "Chair guy" could figure out how to turn the ship around for a while. And less likely, Rush could take the power source from the ship, boost the gate, and "somehow" get it to dial the 9 chevron address to the ship (ship is ~close, shouldn't take much extra power).
    Can't wait for what the writers cooked up for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
      Personally, I'm coming to absolutely hate Young's character. Rush is unashamed of his cold, lying nature, and doesn't try particularly hard to hide it. But Young is violent, impulsive, tries to keep his negative side quiet, and is a danger to everyone. I'm actually hoping he gets killed off after the last two episodes, whereas before I quite liked him. I find his personality contemptible.
      I actually have to agree. I'm not sure I want him killed off, but he's gone from a likable guy to a bad guy, and not the kind you still like, either. I gotta admit that I liked Young beating up Telford in the previous episode, but this was way, way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        No matter the type of person Rush is Rush would damage Youngs relationship with the crew just by returning & I think Rush knows this. He may be upset about being left behind but he will do everything in his power to get back & get back at Young & Rush showing up will do just that I know I would not trust Young after that lie when Rush comes back
        I think many will side with Young, I for one wouldn't trust Rush. At least Young's lied only once, Rush has been doing this since possibly day one.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Everyone seems to be criticizing Young for leaving Rush on that planet, though to be perfectly honest, can you blame him? Justice was the mid-season episode, so if we say each season is a year (for our cast), then Young has had to put up with Rush lying and what not for the past six months, and then Rush goes and frames Young for a murder?

It may not have been the right thing to do, but you sure as hell can't blame Young for what he did. What would you guys have done in the same situation, just gave rush a pat on the back, told him it was a nice try, and then continue on as normal? Young saw this as an opportunity to get back at Rush for all the crap he has given him, and the crew. Rightly so.

In regards to the 'what next' side of things, I doubt very much Rush will be able to get that ship working again, whatever happens, needs to be believable. Its a fair guess that whatever species that ship belongs too will come back (due to some distress beckon or something), will find rush there, and will torture him to find out how he got there, this will result in flash backs to when rush was back in the past working on the Stargate program with Daniel and whoever else.

I'm willing to bet the next episode will be mainly about Rush (if not, only him), these aliens will then find out all about Destiny, and will go after the ship for the technology, only to be thawted by the crew, whether rush helps or not, is still to be determined. I don't think (upon Rush re-joining the crew) that he'd tell the truth about Young, he'd probably keep it to himself, knowing that more people trust Young than they do Rush, though him and Young will no doubt be very bitter toward each other for a long time to come.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Personally, I'm coming to absolutely hate Young's character. Rush is unashamed of his cold, lying nature, and doesn't try particularly hard to hide it. But Young is violent, impulsive, tries to keep his negative side quiet, and is a danger to everyone. I'm actually hoping he gets killed off after the last two episodes, whereas before I quite liked him. I find his personality contemptible.
            What happened was long overdue in my opinion. I'd trust Young with my life. I wouldn't trust Rush to get me a cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              What happened was long overdue in my opinion. I'd trust Young with my life. I wouldn't trust Rush to get me a cup of coffee.
              I totally disagree. I'd trust Rush a HELL of a lot more than Young.

Comment

See you in jail once he deems you useless and frames you for murder!
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  See you in jail once he deems you useless and frames you for murder!
                  Is that really any better than pissing Young off and *getting* murdered?

Comment

Rush will return next episode ...i hope..because i actually missed him caz he alone on the planet and destiny is gone without him..

Comment

the guy that sat in the chair probably thought the same thing

contrast Rush's actions with the chair in this episode
                      with Young's actions in Water with Scott stranded in the ice cavern

Rush will kill anyone and everyone if he deems it necessary to advance his personal ambition

Young will fight tooth and nail to SAVE anyone and everyone simply because its the humane thing to do..... even it that gets in the way of his personal ambition
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

rush is a character that throws you curveball's almost every episode you cant predict him. He always has a hidden agenda.
                        I Have my M249, My 9mm, my body armor, and a whole Infantry Battalion on my FOB (and more) Im ready to kick some a**, in the Korengal valley of kunar province Afghanistan!....... bring it on Mr. Taliban

Comment

Don't know if somebody mentioned it,but Rush really wanted to go to that planet when they were discussing the deletion of Kino entry.And then he stayed behind on the planet while the rest of geeks wandered away.
                          Maybe he wanted to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

Young will fight tooth and nail to SAVE anyone and everyone simply because its the humane thing to do..... even it that gets in the way of his personal ambition
                            Unless you inconvenience him. When he'll knock you out and leave you to die. Kindof like fighting fire with a 50 megatonne thermonuclear explosion, is it not?

Comment

I'm thinking the guy who was in the chair will get some kind of controll and go back for rush. Obviously once he comes too.

Comment

Yeah, but he is kind of the main character so he won't starve, get lost or die. He'll repair the ship "obviously", and figure a way to get his ass back on the Destiny.

The only interesting part of that is how his relation with Young will progress from there. Will he lie too? That there was a "rockslide" or expose Young.
                                I am exactly one zat gun short from actually having a zat gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X