Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush's actions, situation and how will he get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
    I give it maybe 6 months before the Destiny goes back to that planet and they find Rush sitting on a throne surrounded by beautiful women, wearing a crown.

Insert Rush's face over Maybourne's....I can totally see it happening!
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...1_813_0090.jpg

Also to quote our dear friend Jack Sparrow....errr, I mean Nicholas Rush: "When you left me on that god-forsaken spit of land. You forgot one very important face mate: I'm Dr. Nicholas Rush. Savvy?"
    Hilarious!!!!
    Don't think that will happen though
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I tell you, Rush will clone himself and call the planet Rushworld.
      Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
        I tell you, Rush will clone himself and call the planet Rushworld.
        he's such a big headed S.O.B i wouldn't put it past him to try

Comment

Instead he went into full-retaliation mode and almost killed the man.

Bad move Young, bad move.
          Indeed, I will agree with this. Rush surely did deserve an ass-kicking, Young should've slung him over his shoulders and brought him back to the ship though. Unfortunately they're going for the "everyone in this show is a bad guy. You'll be incapable of liking any of them as characters or empathizing with any of them" route, which I can't say I like.

PS: Id like to add that Rush will be so pissed at Young that he better watch his back all the way until they are home. Rush is a sociopath, he will outsmart and destroy you.
          All the more reason that Rush shouldn't be out and about causing mischief. His goal is counter to the goals of damn near, if not, everyone else on the ship.

Comment

Wouldnt it be awesome to make Rush the 'villain' of the show and Eli takes over as resident science geek? Maybe Rush fixes the ship and flies off the planet to find his own army of little green men who then follow Destiny in hopes of capturing it!

P.S - Scriptwriters, please dont listen to me!

Comment

I expressed this theory in another thread. Got no reaction so I'll try it here, even though the theory may be full of holes:

Rush will discover that the alien ship is beyond repair, definitely not space worthy. But he will discover that there will be enough technology still functioning such that he can track Destiny's course and determine its location. He will then gate to a world which is within range of Destiny (using one or more gates), then gate back to Destiny.

There's also a possibility that Rush smuggled a communication stone on his person, and will be able to commuicate with both Destiny and Earth from the alien planet he's left stranded on.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                Rush will discover that the alien ship is beyond repair, definitely not space worthy. But he will discover that there will be enough technology still functioning such that he can track Destiny's course and determine its location.
                that depends on the range of sensors. Remember the Destiny is in hyperspace most of the time so could go out of range pretty fast. IMHO such a story would be hard to believe at best. Rather go for the idea that he fixes the ship and goes looking for the Destiny or He has alien help. That ship belongs to someone for sure. This isn't the end of Rush unless the writers are far dafter than any of us imagine

Comment

Originally posted by radiosgalore View Post
                  that depends on the range of sensors. Remember the Destiny is in hyperspace most of the time so could go out of range pretty fast. IMHO such a story would be hard to believe at best. Rather go for the idea that he fixes the ship and goes looking for the Destiny or He has alien help. That ship belongs to someone for sure. This isn't the end of Rush unless the writers are far dafter than any of us imagine
                  My theory is that he will fiddle with the ship and accidentally trigger the homing beacon so aliens come to pick him up.
                  Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

True, but we're somewhat in the dark at this point as to what the technology in that ship is capable of so it might very well be able to track Destiny, or maybe not. As for Rush fixing the ship, I thought it looked pretty dilapidated for future space travel. But again, who knows? Whatever happens Rush will be back, and soon.

I'd be interested in hearing other ideas as to how Rush gets out of this.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Agreed. Rush is about 60% of the program at the moment. He's integral to most of the plot elements, he adds a totally different attitude to the crew of the Destiny, he keeps everyone on their toes...Hell if it wasn't for Rush there wouldn't even BE an SGU, it'd be SGafe Return to Earth. That'd be kinda bland.

Comment

My theory is that he will fiddle with the ship and accidentally trigger the homing beacon so aliens come to pick him up.
                        maybe. but would he want help or would he just be hell bent on finding the destiny and having revenge? He's got to know he's not exactly likable so aliens would probably shoot him for his attitude. i'd be tempted

Comment

maybe. but would he want help or would he just be hell bent on finding the destiny and having revenge? He's got to know he's not exactly likable so aliens would probably shoot him for his attitude. i'd be tempted
                          Again, Rush is a sociopath, hes not hot tempered, hes manipulative and patient. For now, getting back on the Destiny is his priority, he would just ask them to drop him off there. Or something. I dont know.

Rush can manipulate Aliens
                          Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                            Agreed. Rush is about 60% of the program at the moment. He's integral to most of the plot elements, he adds a totally different attitude to the crew of the Destiny, he keeps everyone on their toes...
                            but is that in a good way? McKay was a bit of a big headed prat with an attitude but he wasn't devious like Rush. I hate the guy and yet i can't help feeling he didn't deserve to be stranded on that planet. The Beating hell yea. Though it does open up some potentially explosive plotlines

Comment

Again, Rush is a sociopath, hes not hot tempered, hes manipulative and patient.
                              yea true though he is plenty sarcastic I suppose i can see him being nice and pleasant if it suited his purpose

Comment

but is that in a good way? McKay was a bit of a big headed prat with an attitude but he wasn't devious like Rush. I hate the guy and yet i can't help feeling he didn't deserve to be stranded on that planet. The Beating hell yea. Though it does open up some potentially explosive plotlines
                                Seemingly unlike most people I can really sympathise with and understand Rush's character and actions. I suppose that speaks volumes about me, and not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X