Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush's actions, situation and how will he get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I will need a clearer screencap of Rush at the end, but I swear I saw him near tears at the prospect of being permanently separated from his Destiny, in every meaning of that word.
    I think he's pretty devastated, to say the least.
    Same here. He looked like someone who just got every hope he had dashed in one fell swoop.

Comment

Rush seemed to be upset that he was left stranded on the planet. He seemed nervous when they were playing the deleted kino video. Young did his best to cover up his anger so I’m not sure if Rush suspected that he knew. When Young tells Rush that he knew it was him Rush seems surprised and immediately pretends that he doesn’t know what Young is talking about. When Young tells him that the rest of the footage was not corrupted then Rush drops the act and tells Young why he did it. So I don’t think Rush knew what was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
        Rush's goal is to learn to Ascend. His best chance is Atlantis and since he obviously can't be on Atlantis hes on the Destiny. Hes not going to leave without a fight.
        Doubt it. If he wanted to ascend he could go to Kheb in the MW galaxy. Even though Oma wouldn't be there, the teachings are still written on the walls of the temple.

Perfecto!

Comment

I can't see Rush being relieved to be left there. It looked like a pretty dusty place -- does he have enough water? Supplies? What sort of predators or venomous creatures might turn out to be there? Does he have a first aid kit? As for his knowledge of what was going to happen, I find that unlikely. For one thing, it is odd that he can be so brilliant yet leave evidence of his tampering not once but twice (recall the planet they were supposed to reach in one year) that Eli was able to find. Unless he is so used to being surrounded by people who are not sharp enough to spot those traces.

I think the idea of Rush being so much more advanced that he can actually control Destiny would make his character less interesting. Where would the conflicts and challenges be? Why would he bother keeping them there unwillingly, if that were the case? Why not send them home and bring qualified teams who want to be a part of the voyage? Once he proved he could master the ship no one would doubt him again. I prefer to think that he is not that close to omnipotent.

Comment

The instructions aren't there. A bunch of riddle like "If the candle is fire then the meal has already been cooked" is there.

I know I got the phrase wrong. Brain fart. His goal is to definitely ascend but he doesn't think he will be able to so he wants to get as close as possible to learning how.

Comment

I really don't think he knew. He's smart and methodical, but not that smart and methodical.

Comment

I can see this play out in many different ways, but the one most obvious to me is the chair. The guy who went into the chair did we actually see him die? Its become clear that rush is far ahead of the rest of the crew and has soo many hidden agenda's its hard to keep up with. If the guy in the chair did'nt die, then wouldnt it be the best plan to go back and get rush, who would be the smartest guy there. And as we have seen, the chances of the guy that came out of the chair actually living long even at all is unlikley. It would make sense for them to go back and get him.

I think its clear that rush wouldn't leave destiny to go look at a small ship, when hes already got a far more advanced one sitting in his back yard so to speak.

With the matter of predicting whats going to be on the planets ahead, wouldnt that be possible from the ship ahead installing the gates on the planet. If the ship had been there some time which it appeared to have been, as there was no crash site as such, then if rush had found a way to find out what was ahead of him.

As for controlling the ship, i don't think even he was that far ahead, and eli or some of the other scientists may have noticed rush coming across a system that big and actually getting it working.

Comment

youll probably find Rush dint know about the alien ship on the planet, however had an idea of finding a ship or somesort of ancient technology on a planet, due to other ships traveling out years ahead before destiny. therefore carrying more important data than destiny, seein as destiny is suposed to be an unmanned ship.

So now no doubt IF rush manages to get into this shuttle, and manages to get it working, no doubt he will know everywhere the destiny is to go even before the crew on board will. Will he also now be able to comunicate with destiny, Will he even find the last planet that the very first ancient ship went to ?? will he travel to a planet from where the shuttle came from ?

will he now travel back to earth, or will he go back to destiny, possibly knowing where n when it will stop. If he goes to destiny, then Young will be in for a surprise. Earth will be in for a bigger surprise. OR will he go to another planet ahead of destiny, or he even could travel to a planet where the ancients have assended to. Afterall where did the alien spaceship that was attached to destiny travel to ?

Personally i dont think he will go back to destiny, after all he has just found a gold mine, which is more valuable. I would say he might meet back up with them, but then something tells me he might find a way to get back to earth, or even find an alien race.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I think it's pretty likely he's coming back. Why else would they strand him on a planet with an alien ship he seems to think he can get into? I'm hoping he comes back in a few episodes time and calls Young out in front of the whole crew.

Comment

i'm seconding this!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        There is an episode later where he is having a vision or what not where he is talking to Danial Jackson, i beat you will find this is where he will be fixing the alien ship, and the episode where the aliens attack Destiny, Rush will save the day with the ship he fixed and will join the crew. However there will be this tension between him and young where they both know what happened on the planet and he will use it as leverage over young or something like that.

Comment

Personally, I'm coming to absolutely hate Young's character. Rush is unashamed of his cold, lying nature, and doesn't try particularly hard to hide it. But Young is violent, impulsive, tries to keep his negative side quiet, and is a danger to everyone. I'm actually hoping he gets killed off after the last two episodes, whereas before I quite liked him. I find his personality contemptible.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                            That would suggest the ship has been there before and that is hardly the case.
                            there have been ships there before....the ones that seeded the planets with gates. how else does destiny know where to stop in the first place...

Comment

No matter the type of person Rush is Rush would damage Youngs relationship with the crew just by returning & I think Rush knows this. He may be upset about being left behind but he will do everything in his power to get back & get back at Young & Rush showing up will do just that I know I would not trust Young after that lie when Rush comes back

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwander View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                There is an episode later where he is having a vision or what not where he is talking to Danial Jackson, i beat you will find this is where he will be fixing the alien ship, and the episode where the aliens attack Destiny, Rush will save the day with the ship he fixed and will join the crew. However there will be this tension between him and young where they both know what happened on the planet and he will use it as leverage over young or something like that.
                                I'd prefer that
                                Spoiler:
                                Rush becomes a bad guy
                                at least for a little bit.

That would develop some tension more so than
                                Spoiler:
                                having him save the day
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X