No announcement yet.

how's Eli going to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Eli knew by the end of the episode, as certainly as he possibly could, that Young did something to Rush. That something = murder by any logical thought process. So he got played into being a party to that.
    I think he'll be forced to deal with the guilt of Rush's "death" and I hope he finds his balls; I want to see him stand up to Young (and Rush, whenever he gets back) and do the right thing.
    As a scientist standing in Rush's place? He better learn fast. And he still won't be able to replace a much older, much more educated man. But his innate skills and cunning may open up options that Rush's cold logic wouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashrak View Post
      Mentor maybe, but I don't think Rush is the kind of person who has any friends.
      I think Eli would be the closest thing he would have to a friend, since he seems to consider Eli at least close to his level.

@SupremeLegate
      Apogee Institute
      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
        I think Eli would be the closest thing he would have to a friend, since he seems to consider Eli at least close to his level.
        I agree with this.
        Rush trusts Eli (perhaps not in the sense that Eli would obey Rush over all others, but certainly that he can do a decent job and help Rush rather than hinder him), and trust breeds relationships.
        Rush may not think of Eli as a friend as such, but he's certainly the person Rush is closest to on the ship.

Comment

Eli should be happy that he backed the winning side. He's in a very safe position and well protected.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            Eli should be happy that he backed the winning side. He's in a very safe position and well protected.
            Yes, poor Eli. Don't think Young wouldn't get rid of him, too.

Comment

Rush and Eli are friends. Eli is the only one on Destiny that actually likes Rush, and Rush respects Eli's intelligence and even trusts him above anyone else on the ship.
              I think the next couple of episodes would show how essential Rush is to Destiny. Eli would be overwhelmed and pretty close to a break-down before Rush gets back.

He may be Math-Boy but he is a beginner on Ancient Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by LeviathanZr6 View Post
                Rush and Eli are friends. Eli is the only one on Destiny that actually likes Rush, and Rush respects Eli's intelligence and even trusts him above anyone else on the ship.
                I think the next couple of episodes would show how essential Rush is to Destiny. Eli would be overwhelmed and pretty close to a break-down before Rush gets back.

Shriekingly obvious from Eli's comments in Justice when watching Rush's testimony and from actively taking Young's side that Eli doesn't particularly care about Rush. He doesn't hate him, he doesn't consider him an enemy but they're not friends.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Honestly, I don't know if Eli will actually delete the video or not. As for suspecting Young of something in regards to Rush, I think Eli already has a few suspicions. I see a bit of a rift being forged now between Young and Eli. After all, Eli respected Young. If he finds out for sure what Young did, he will be very letdown.
                  Again, why does everyone conveniently forget that Eli LIED to everyone present for Sgt. Spencer's KINO viewing?

WALLACE: "The Kino kept recording but the file must have gotten corrupted in the transfer. This is all I could get."

Eli, obviously, was helping Col. Young's deception. As Sgt. Spencer shot himself, you can see Col. Young give a stare at Dr. Rush. A clear indication that regardless of Eli's statement about the rest of the Kino footage, Col. Young knows something more.

Comment

I think Eli will cope very well. He has been very adaptable so far, and seems to be able to handle alot of the tech. He searched out and found the kinos, the shower... while others were bemoaning their situation.
                    His naural curiosity and his extraordinary skills will help him keep focused without all the drama that Rush created.
                    Eli is my favorite character. He hasn't fallen apart so far, and that's a plus.
                    Sure maybe the pressure is on now, but I think he will work better with the other scientists, who have an opportunity to work under different circumstances. rush was always undermining everyone else's abilities, that is not conducive to a good work environment. Eli won't be that confrontational, and will eagerly accept others abilities and input.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LeviathanZr6 View Post

I'm pretty sure Eli will be friends with anyone who feeds him, pun intended. This includes Chloe and even Young. It is a one sided relationship. Rush considers no one on board a friend but just cannon fodder to get whatever he wants. Just because you work with someone does not make him or her your friend. Nor does the next most intelligent person make him your friend either. The word friends has more meaning in real life. It's not the same meaning as something like a friend on facebook.

Comment

Personally I think while Rush and Eli weren't friends per say, I do agree that they had a mentor/student relationship and as much as Eli didn't trust Rush I think he still liked him. As for Rush I think Eli is the closest thing to a friend he has on board. I also don't think Eli is going to be able to handle it. I think the other scientists won't really listen to Eli, rush was the only scientist that really listened to him (unless I'm completely wrong, which is possible). Even if they do listen (either on there own or ordered by Young), I think its going to be too much for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                          On that note...How did Rush not notice the Kino? That's careless. Infact everything Rush did in this episode seems very shabby and un-Rush-like. Missing the Kino, messing up the deletion of the file, aggravating Young so much that he got hit and left on the planet...Either he really does have some plan, or he's slacking a bit!
                          Do we know for sure what was on the secret video? Is it in a Kinosode? Because if not, for all we know, the video could show someone other than Rush framing Young.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                            Do we know for sure what was on the secret video? Is it in a Kinosode? Because if not, for all we know, the video could show someone other than Rush framing Young.
                            Very true.

I agree that the whole framing attempt was very shabby. But maybe Rush had enough of a conscience that he wanted to make sure that nothing like a lynching could happen to Col. Young. Still, to fail in covering up his own involvement by ignoring the kino and imperfectly playing with the footage later on is indeed very unlike him.

But he confessed. Which doesn't mean he did it; every time something goes wrong, Young accuses Rush of being some mastermind planning it all. Maybe Rush is so tired of trying to avoid Young's suspicions about him, he realized that nothing he said would change Young's mind when Young accused him of framing him. Maybe his entire confession was from the thought process of "Well, obviously, he wants a confrontation and I can't do anything about it. I'll just tell him exactly what he wants to hear for once and see what happens."

Something about the whole episode does not add up, that's for sure. Eli's response to Young at the end was very telling, to me. He knows something. And his respect for Young is damaged, if not completely destroyed. Is it....at all possible that Young ordered Eli to manipulate a kino video to show Rush going into that room? I can't imagine Eli betraying Rush like that, but if someone convinced him that Young was their best hope for survival, and that Rush was getting in the way of that...well, Eli has his mother to think about. And he has the guilt of Franklin's foolish mistake with the chair. It could be possible that a simple, brutish threat of "do this or else you'll get the same punishment as Rush." could have broken his resolve.

Either that, or Young and Rush's mutual hatred has overriden their ability to reason completely, or there's shabby writing.....which I doubt, considering how well written the rest of the show is.

Comment

But he confessed. Which doesn't mean he did it; every time something goes wrong
                              That's what I'm thinking. Rush wants to be disliked, when someone tries to credit him with positive actions, he brushes them off, when he is accused with something, he ignores it, he doesn't deny it. But other than his original action, we haven't seen him do anything wrong, we've only seen Young's accusations. Even when Rush sabotaged Telford's scientists' experiment, he seemed to have the backing of the other Destiny scientists. We know that Franklin doesn't trust the military, we know that Franklin and Spencer had altercations, we also know that Franklin sat in the chair. It's possible that Franklin was somewhere near Spencer's room when the shot went off, for whatever reason, it's possible the footage shows Franklin removing the gun, and that Franklin's guilt was partially responsible for him sitting in the chair. I mean, I don't know anything for sure of course, but I would hope that the actual footage is something unexpected; the Rush situation is far to expected IMO and I would probably be dis-satisfied if that is the case.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Eli will gain much more responsibility, and I think he'll become much more self-protective than he has been, regarding Young, Chloe and other relationships aboard.

considering how well written the rest of the show is.
                              I don't yet trust the writers to say the show is well written. It's so different from what they're used to writing, 10 episodes isn't enough for me to decide ...

Comment

No, I think Rush did try to frame Young but for all the accusations of lying (from Young as well as the Rush haters), he's actually honest. I'd say he's more honest than Young, despite the aborted morale boosting lie.

Comment

Working...
                                X