No announcement yet.

how's Eli going to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how the end of the episode showed that Eli doesn't trust Young anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
      On that note...How did Rush not notice the Kino? That's careless. Infact everything Rush did in this episode seems very shabby and un-Rush-like. Missing the Kino, messing up the deletion of the file, aggravating Young so much that he got hit and left on the planet...Either he really does have some plan, or he's slacking a bit!
      Ruch did notice the Kino, he took it when he took the gun and deleted the time frame about the suicide. He didn't know that Eli has it set to automatically copy to his hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by joecool280 View Post
        It was an incoming wormhole, Young would have had to have stuck his hand in and he obviously wasn't going to do that.
        It was an incoming wormhole the last time also.

Comment

Re: how's Eli going to cope
          I think Eli will do just fine. He's smart enough to live on his own and figure things out on his own, despite being super naive at what TPTB are up to at the moment.
          Plus I think with whatever happened to the scientist guy (Franklin?), I think Eli might get a helper in the future with necessary and vital "Destiny" ship info.. but that's just a guess, and regardless of the awful cliffhanger condition the (scientist) guy was left in, too.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          Eli and Rush were not close.

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
          On that note...How did Rush not notice the Kino? That's careless. Infact everything Rush did in this episode seems very shabby and un-Rush-like. Missing the Kino, messing up the deletion of the file, aggravating Young so much that he got hit and left on the planet...Either he really does have some plan, or he's slacking a bit!

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
          Ruch did notice the Kino, he took it when he took the gun and deleted the time frame about the suicide. He didn't know that Eli has it set to automatically copy to his hard drive.
          Eli made a comment to Scott about how sloppy of a job the deletion was, and then publicly stated in front of Rush that the rest of the file got corrupted somehow. Oooooo! Now Eli is keeping a secret from Rush!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          I think this is the more interesting Eli dilemma. Will he delete the video? Will knowing that Young wanted this kept a secret lead him to suspect Young intentionally left Rush behind? Will this shared knowledge between Eli and Young form a bond or cause a rift?

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
          Speaking as a nerd, you're both right and wrong. They are obviously not spending days hanging out and shooting hte breeze or fishing or experiencing life stories. But there's a mentor/student relationship going on there; most nerds can see it. Rush knows how valuable Eli is, preferring him over the other scientists. And because of that, Eli is clearly learning from Rush to better understand the ship systems.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Eli responds to all this. I don't think he'll delete the information; most nerds keep as much information as they can, as long as they can, unless they are really hurting for space. And then they start deleting less-useful information first.

Remember, Eli has just witnessed both Rush and Young acting in bad ways. Young has been casting doubt on Rush since day 1, forcing Rush to play the game and plant an Icarus planet. Young prevents people from doing what needs to be done, so Rush frames him, and then Young leaves Rush to die.

As a somewhat-naive nerd, Eli is thinking "this is all wrong." It's the whole "everyone is lying to each other" thing all over again. He's lost trust in everyone, which is really bad for the guy who is going to end up saving everyone. And I don't really think he has anyone else to really talk to about all this. Maybe Chloe, if she gets out of her "me me" hole. But most nerds know that women only talk to you to complain about stuff in their life; they usually don't care about reversing the roles.

I think Eli would be more concerned with getting everything back to normal, ie, Young in charge and Rush back working on the ship. But now he'll be less trusting of both of them, so in a way, they've both lost.
          I think Eli will keep as much of the info as he can, as long as he can.. sort of like an *ace card* in case more trouble develops. Plus, I don't believe Eli trusts Young any more than he trusts Rush, now. Eli is basically back to being on his own, while supposedly working under command of a deceptive boss (or bosses who are turning into being presented as highly manipulative over their underlings.)

Also, I don't think Rush will exactly be returning to the Destiny with a long term stay in a "Welcome Back Rush" party.. might be that Rush will be confined to quarters as a deceiver of sorts. Rush has already admitted several times to nearly the entire crew why he did what he did (dial the 9th chevron -- in the name of science exploration) and planting false planet discovery info into the ship's computer.

I like Rush, but these main-line "hero" characters are now twisted pieces of a dark, crime-drama / mystery novel more than what Stargate as a franchise used to be. Maybe characters with deep flaws of imperfections in their personalities might be a better description there.

Comment

maybe eli will start using the same coping issues that chloe uses lol

Comment

Eli is not innocent , he became a bottle holder if he takes no action , but still he is not %100 innocent anymore.
              Nou ani Anquietas

Comment

I find rather stunning calling Eli, a 30 year old man, a kid. You are making to look that he is helpless and can't survive on his own....
                The cake is a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  he's math boy
                  I love this. Eli is going to have to grow up and stop acting like a three year old. I hate his whining. Without Rush to take the heat . . .Eli will have to step up and start figuring things out. I think he will do a better job than Rush since he is more likable (by the others).

I think this will be good for Eli, aka Math Boy. He doesn't really need Rush (more the other way round in my view).

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
                    I find rather stunning calling Eli, a 30 year old man, a kid. You are making to look that he is helpless and can't survive on his own....
                    Actualy I think Eli is 23, while David Blue is 30.

@SupremeLegate
                    Apogee Institute
                    Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Personally I also wonder not how he is going to cope, but how is he going to deal with what Young has done, he has looked up to Young, and he is obivously a moral person. His world is slowly coming to grips with 'reality' and he has seen people do some pretty shocking things

Comment

Originally posted by joecool280 View Post
                        It was an incoming wormhole, Young would have had to have stuck his hand in and he obviously wasn't going to do that.
                        So was the one in Air Pt3 and SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by aream2000 View Post
                          maybe eli will start using the same coping issues that chloe uses lol
                          I vote he chooses Greer to help him 'cope'.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            So was the one in Air Pt3 and SG1.
                            What they mean is that the people in the gate room could not help.
                            The rest of the team went through the gate with plenty of time to spare, not concerned for Rush and Young. By the time the became worried, there wouldn't have been enough time to shut down the gate, redial, send someone through, shut down the gate, have the person redial from the planet and stick their arm in.

Young was the only on in a position to hold the gate open, and clearly he had no interest in doing that (not to mention that it would have taken hours for Rush to wake up and make it to the gate, by which time Destiny probably would have either torn itself apart or cut off the gate anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              I think this is the more interesting Eli dilemma. Will he delete the video? Will knowing that Young wanted this kept a secret lead him to suspect Young intentionally left Rush behind? Will this shared knowledge between Eli and Young form a bond or cause a rift?
                              Honestly, I don't know if Eli will actually delete the video or not. As for suspecting Young of something in regards to Rush, I think Eli already has a few suspicions. I see a bit of a rift being forged now between Young and Eli. After all, Eli respected Young. If he finds out for sure what Young did, he will be very letdown.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                                He lost a mentor and friend.
                                Mentor maybe, but I don't think Rush is the kind of person who has any friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X