X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
    I never contended that it was harmless.
    My contention is that when you kill the person, then it is murder.
    When you leave a person on the planet with possibilities of survival, it's marooning.
    I somehow doubt the law would agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      He is ruling by force or did you forget the bit in this episode where had he given the word, his military team would have taken out Wray?
      And my point is exactly that. Col. Young did NOT give the word.

Opportunity to do so, does not mean guilt. Following through with the opportunity would amount to guilt.

In fact, Col. Young made this exact point when he talked to Lt. Scott later on in his quarters.

YOUNG: Lieutenant, nobody signed up for this, and I can't just assume they're gonna follow my orders, and I can't rule this ship by force.
      YOUNG: I mean, I won't.

Comment

Don't you remember Dr.Rush jumpinf through an unstable wormhole connection in "Time"?

It would be up to Dr. Rush. Which he would be able to chose to do because he was not murdered.
        He was about to die, and he had a chance of getting back to the Destiny. Under normal circumstances, he never would have done that. Even so, he (thought he) knew where the wormhole would go. He didn't gate to a random other planet in the system.

Just for the sake of argument, if you left someone in a room suspended a thousand feet up with no supplies, no intention of returning, and one in a billion chance of someone finding him--who may or may not help him even if they do- but left the door open so he could jump out if he liked, and maybe he'd survive (people have, after all) what would you call that?

Comment

Opportunity to do so, does not mean guilt. Following through with the opportunity would amount to guilt.

In fact, Col. Young made this exact point when he talked to Lt. Scott later on in his quarters.
          Yet, he's quite prepared to use force to enforce those orders. Hypocrite much?

Comment

I find it rather weird that Rush is given a choice by you as to how he should die.
            Dr. Rush hasn't died yet.
            It's his choice as to what happened next.
            The fact that he has choices means that he was not murdered.
            Dead men don't have choices.
            Last edited by Misfits; 11 December 2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I never contended that it was harmless.
              My contention is that when you kill the person, then it is murder.
              When you leave a person on the planet with possibilities of survival, it's marooning.
              of course it is.

I can only hope you don't work for my local police department.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

It's hi choice as to what happened next.

Attempted Murder

It's an actual crime, look it up.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

My theory here: When Young is level headed and thinking it out, he does not want to rule by force. He wants to do the diplomatic thing and respect individual people's rights/opinions etc.

When he's NOT level headed, because someone's pissed him off, or he's knocked unstable for some reason, it's a different story. He attacks superior officers, strikes people's names off of lifeboat lists (threatened it, at least), and maroons/kills (depending on your POV) people.

My problem with him as a leader is that he IS unstable like that, and he IS making a pattern of it. He's not staying level headed and fair.

Comment

It's hi choice as to what happened next.
                    What choices? Seriously. Abandoned on a planet with no supplies and no means of escape. Seriously. What choices?

*rubs bruise on forehead from all the headdesking*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Choose how you die... It's the diplomatic thing to do.
                      Almost non-existent odds of survival pretty much = murder.
                      And did Rush even have the remote dialer for the gate? I think not.
                      Almost non-existent odds of survival is not equal to none.

Let me give you an example, in SGA, Dr. McKay and Ronan were apprehended by the Wraith and confined to the hole in the wall and were unable to move. In all likelihood, they were dead, except they were still alive.
                      Ronan found a way to free himself from what amounted to a Wraith straitjacket confinement and eventually escaped.
                      No matter what the predicament is, if you're alive, you still have a chance.

As for a remote dialer, it was clear that Dr. Rush put on an AWAY mission clothing as well as his backpack. While he didn't have this backpack on him when he was underneath the alien ship, he still had it on him when both him and Col. Young came into the full view of the alien ship.

And since Col. Young came back through the gate to Destiny not carrying anything, I would presume that it's still back on the planet where Dr. Rush set it down.

I would presume that it probably contained some water and other AWAY mission necessities.
                      Last edited by Misfits; 11 December 2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I somehow doubt the law would agree with you.
                        You can doubt all you want. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
                          He was about to die, and he had a chance of getting back to the Destiny. Under normal circumstances, he never would have done that. Even so, he (thought he) knew where the wormhole would go. He didn't gate to a random other planet in the system.

Just for the sake of argument, if you left someone in a room suspended a thousand feet up with no supplies, no intention of returning, and one in a billion chance of someone finding him--who may or may not help him even if they do- but left the door open so he could jump out if he liked, and maybe he'd survive (people have, after all) what would you call that?
                          A chance. Not much of one, but still a chance.

Comment

Yet, he's quite prepared to use force to enforce those orders. Hypocrite much?
                            How did you get that?

YOUNG: Lieutenant, nobody signed up for this, and I can't just assume they're gonna follow my orders, and I can't rule this ship by force.
                            YOUNG: I mean, I won't.

Comment

A chance. Not much of one, but still a chance.
                              Let me rephrase: If someone did that to you, or someone you know, what would you say they did?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                                of course it is.

I can only hope you don't work for my local police department.
                                And I hope you don't work for the DA. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X