This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Yusagi...
    I don't think so. We saw what drugs did to Rush and Spencer.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
      Rush vs Young wars aside for a moment...

Is it me, or did Wray suffer some serious character assassination this episode? I know that's kind of hard to say so early in the series, but to about-face in one episode from being the ideal leader to being terrible, and completely unreasonable...it threw me for a loop when I watched it.
      Actually, for me, it showed why she was passed over for promotion 4 times, as stated by Ms. Wray in "Earth".

Comment

Chloe would excel at the job, with the help of boyfriend, Scott, and her BFF, Eli. It's Chloe/Wray, Scott/Young, and Eli/Rush, basically.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
          In your opinion.

In my opinion it's marooning and attempted marooning. :-)
          If Rush survives, and if he were to get Young prosecuted he would be charged with attempted murder not with marooning or attempted marooning. In legal terms it IS attempted murder, maybe attempted manslaughter; it's not an opinion.

Comment

One last thought: He DID succeed in marooning Rush. The Destiny left without him, and we can safely assume some time will pass before Rush escapes the planet/gets back. Whether or not Rush escapes after the fact, it's successful marooning.
            Point well taken.

Comment

I think Chloe would work because Wray, Young and Rush would see her as an easy target for their manipulations and it would be an interesting story to see how she navigates through them, and how she struggles to out-wit each of them.
              I definitely would believe that more than her trying to wrest control, but I still feel they'd need to work her into the storylines more. True she's been MC the whole season, but for the most part she's stood around and looked pretty. To be put into that sort of role, IMO, she needs more roles like this ep first.

I don't think so. We saw what drugs did to Rush and Spencer.
              True, but then one must wonder if half of the bickering is crabbiness because the soldiers and the scientists aren't getting their cigs and coffee.

Actually, for me, it showed why she was passed over for promotion 4 times, as stated by Ms. Wray in "Earth".
              True, I suppose. I guess I just wished she'd rise to the challenge, instead. It's a little depressing to think there's no better alternative to Young right now.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                No. But you would argue that Young attempted to murder Rush, but was not able to complete his attempt and the aliens murdered Rush.
                Interesting way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post

Originally Posted by nx01a
                  You maroon someone somewhere with supplies and give them some means of defending themselves, if only a gun with a single bullet. Rush had no weapons and no supplies apart from an unknown alien ship.
                  Rush isn't Captain Jack. Sparrow, that is.
                  Agreed. From what we saw, Young left Rush in a desert, without food, without water, without a weapon.
                  But, with an intact alien ship and a working Stargate.

Comment

But, with an intact alien ship and a working Stargate.
                    With a ship they believed broken, and no kino to check the other planets. It would be insane to Gate somewhere you have zero knowledge of without a scout.

Comment

Col. Young left Dr. Rush on the planet to fend for himself. Which is marooning.
                      No, that isn't what happened. If I were to leave you in the desert, without any water, transport food etc etc after I beat you up... I would have attempted to murder you. If you die it is then murder.

It's not marooning.

Let's say, since this is sci-fi, an alien race showed up in the planet and actually killed Dr. Rush. Then the aliens would have murdered Dr. Rush, who was marooned on the planet by Col. Young.
                      No, Young murdered Rush because he left him there. But for Young abandoning Rush on the planet, without any weapons, the Aliens wouldn't have found him to kill him.

I mean, you couldn't possibly argue that Dr. Rush was murdered by two different entities that resulted in one instance of death, could you?
                      I dunno, you seem to think leaving someone without supplies, weapons or anything else seems to be nothing more then a little harmless marooning.
                      Last edited by Deevil; 10 December 2009, 11:27 PM.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

if Col. Young wanted to rule by force, he would have done it already. He stopped Sgt. Greer, and told Lt. Scott that he won't rule the ship by force.

Judge, jury, and the executioner would apply if he actually killed Dr. Rush, which he didn't. He marooned Dr. Rush on the planet.
                        He is ruling by force or did you forget the bit in this episode where had he given the word, his military team would have taken out Wray?

Comment

With a ship they believed broken, and no kino to check the other planets. It would be insane to Gate somewhere you have zero knowledge of without a scout.
                          Don't you remember Dr.Rush jumping through an unstable wormhole connection in "Time"?

It would be up to Dr. Rush. Which he would be able to chose to do because he was not murdered.
                          Last edited by Misfits; 10 December 2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Don't you remember Dr.Rush jumpinf through an unstable wormhole connection in "Time"?

It would be up to Dr. Rush. Which he would be able to chose to do because he was not murdered.
                            I find it rather weird that Rush is given a choice by you as to how he should die.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                              I dunno, you seem to think leaving someone without supplies, weapons or anything else seems to be nothing more then a little harmless marooning.
                              I never contended that it was harmless.
                              My contention is that when you kill the person, then it is murder.
                              When you leave a person on the planet with possibilities of survival, it's marooning.

Comment

Choose how you die... It's the diplomatic thing to do.
                                Almost non-existent odds of survival pretty much = murder.
                                And did Rush even have the remote dialer for the gate? I think not.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X