This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    You can use misdirection...over focusing on one issue in writing to misdirect the audience for shock value on another issue. It's often done Dramatically.
    With a capital 'D' no less.

Comment

When the vast majority of people came out of Impossible and said..."I don't know what that movie was about." I think if it is an opinion...you really shouldn't take that many people as ....just another opinion.

That's usually where you'll find me.
      It's one thing to ignorant without information but it's quite another when there is a clear direction the information is taking you.

I...wouldn't call that an opinion
      It maybe just that but....but no...I wouldn't think so if I was the writer.
      I haven't seen Mission Impossible I or III so I won't comment on that.

But with SGU, it's clear that there isn't a "vast majority" of people wondering why Franklin sat in the chair. That point was driven home for quite a few people, me included.

So yeah; just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
        This was my initial reaction. I may perhaps be more eloquent in the near future.
        I doubt it.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I haven't seen Mission Impossible I or III so I won't comment on that.

But with SGU, it's clear that there isn't a "vast majority" of people wondering why Franklin sat in the chair. That point was driven home for quite a few people, me included.

So yeah; just an opinion.
          I haven't seen anything one way or another as far as comment on the scene.
          It was believable but not dramatic. Ultimately I didn't care. It was predictable and when things are predictable it takes away suspense.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
            Of course, if weeks have been passing wearing and sleeping in the same outfits, and going on a dozen trips to planets, why aren't the clothes wearing out yet?
            Because it's only been a few weeks.

I don't believe there are any rules requiring posters to make thought-provoking posts.
            Actually, they do ask us not to just come in, post "this show sucks" and leave... but in general, it helps those posters to not look like a ****ing moron.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              Here's how I think Rush may escape the islandplanet:
              Spoiler:
              He lashes two sea turtles to the alien ship using his own back hair.
              That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Everyone knows that...
              Spoiler:

He's going to go native for a couple of years scrounging around for the basic despite the fact there are FedEx boxes everywhere. He's going to celebrate when he creates fire. In his loneliness, he's going to start speaking to sporting equipment as if its a person. Finally, he's going to figure out that the winds turn a specific way at a specific time of the year and he's going to use that information to sail off into the galaxy, quite emaciated.

or

Spoiler:

He'll figure out how to get into the ship, and stumble across a towel. Realizing that the towel is all he needs, he'll wrap it around his head and wait for the guaranteed pickup from a passing spaceship.
              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

I haven't seen anything one way or another as far as comment on the scene.
                It was believable but not dramatic. Ultimately I didn't care. It was predictable and when things are predictable it takes away suspense.
                And yet you watched Stargate Atlantis for how many years?

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  A literally device? I think you mean a literary device. I really don't see one character saying, "Oooo look, it looks like shot himself." and another character saying, "Yes, but there is no gun! So it couldn't be suicide!" as foreshadowing. Foreshadowing is a bit more subtle than that.
                  Yep. For example, whoever shot himself being seen cleaning his gun and it accidentally goes off or he makes multiple comments about a headache.
                  The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Everyone knows that...
                    Spoiler:

He's going to go native for a couple of years scrounging around for the basic despite the fact there are FedEx boxes everywhere. He's going to celebrate when he creates fire. In his loneliness, he's going to start speaking to sporting equipment as if its a person. Finally, he's going to figure out that the winds turn a specific way at a specific time of the year and he's going to use that information to sail off into the galaxy, quite emaciated.

or

Spoiler:

He'll figure out how to get into the ship, and stumble across a towel. Realizing that the towel is all he needs, he'll wrap it around his head and wait for the guaranteed pickup from a passing spaceship.
                    I vote for the second one.

Comment

Actually, they do ask us not to just come in, post "this show sucks" and leave... but in general, it helps those posters to not look like a ****ing moron.
                      I believe it was more substantial than 'this show sucks'. I didn't feel the opinion made the poster look like an 'anything -ing' moron.

Comment

Let's keep this about the episode please, not about other posters.

If you don't like what they say, IGNORE IT
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          Yep. For example, whoever shot himself being seen cleaning his gun and it accidentally goes off or he makes multiple comments about a headache.
                          Now that would be foreshadowing...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            No back hair.
                            Spoiler:
                            Or RUM!

Back to Spencer, I was originally wondering if it was he who killed someone. Other than himself, that is.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

So Telford used Rush's body to get back at Young? Because, other than that, this episode makes no sense.

Not the greatest SG mid-season finale, but at least it wasn't a soap like the previous ep.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                                So Telford used Rush's body to get back at Young? Because, other than that, this episode makes no sense.
                                Sorry, what? Telford wasn't in the episode. For once.

Comment

Working...
                                X