This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    Amen, sister. Look at his attitude towards James in the extended pilot.
    I haven't seen the extended pilot yet - but I'm not surprised if he acted like an ass.

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
    He risked his life to get water for the crew, when he could have had anyone do it. He protected Franklin from Spencer. It seems to me he cares deeply about the crew.
    He likes to be a hero, that doesn't = a great leader.

Yeah, him stopping Spencer from being an ass doesn't = caring deeply from the crew. Young did the right thing, which was for one of the few times, doing his job. His job doesn't require him to care for people he helps, and the only people he has shown any actual concern about I listed in a post above.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
      Maybe. If TJ keeps stuff like that up and keeps gaining Wray, Rush, and the other civilians respect I could see her as a leader. But right now I think they would turn on her the moment things got tough.
      Like they have with young? Face it these people don't respect anything.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Okay I went to Walmart and bought SGU 1.0. Watched Youngs conversation with James and actually came out liking him more.

For those who don't have the extended here's pretty much what happend.
        Young wanted to talk to Chloe about losing her dad and James asked why he didn't ask how she was doing. Young responds that she's trained for this and Chloe just lost her father. James tells him how her father may as well be dead to since their all going to die out here. Young tells her that he doesn't want to hear that kind of talk and that their going to work through this and get home. Now he doesn't yell at her in fact it reminded me more of a father comforting a child than a commander rebuking a subordinate. Heck O'Neill would have yelled worse.

In fact the more I watch these episodes again the more I like him. Franklin has already tried to mutiny and makes it clear he doesn't like Young or the military. Yet when Spencer starts attacking him Young steps in and defends him. Young has done some questionable things when it comes to his marriage, but other than that I can't really fault him for much. Young is the captain of the Destiny, Rush proved to be a clear and present danger to the ship and Young, mercifully in my opinion, simply exiles Rush to a planet. Now lying about it afterwards I think was a mistake.
        sigpic
        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Like they have with young? Face it these people don't respect anything.
          Well, it's not like he's earned it.

Comment

How can Rush be a 'clear and present danger' when his actions since arriving have been to keep the ship and the people in her alive?
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              How can Rush be a 'clear and present danger' when his actions since arriving have been to keep the ship and the people in her alive?
              Are you blind to there personalities man? A person who suffers from paranoia + a person who see's that the Ends always justifies the means no matter what (And a shady decision that started it all) = conflict.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

But since arriving, all his actions have been about the majority staying alive. And I'd apprecite if you didn't start getting personal, before it escalates. I can see quite clearly the personalities in there.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Don't be logical, Garrow.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Are you blind to there personalities man? A person who suffers from paranoia + a person who see's that the Ends always justifies the means no matter what (And a shady decision that started it all) = conflict.
                  Whether or not it was shady is debatable and the 'greater good' isn't always 'the end justifies the means'.

Comment

I never said Rush was a good guy. I never said it wasn't all his fault, but since arriving, none of his actions have been to the detriment of the ship or her crews chances of survival.(save framing Young)
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I never said Rush was a good guy. I never said it wasn't all his fault, but since arriving, none of his actions have been to the detriment of the ship or her crews chances of survival.(save framing Young)
                      I think getting rid of Young would be a good thing.

Comment

Well thier goes the support of your military on Destiny
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm willing to give up on the crew altogether unless they put there act together and stop being a bunch of paranoid kids.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I know, my dear, but its not the way you do it.
                            I am annoyed at the fact I utter my opinion, some Rush hater starts to have a go at me. Its brilliant.....
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Well thier goes the support of your military on Destiny
                              all the military on Destiny need a psyche eval if they are willing to follow that man without question.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

all the military on Destiny need a psyche eval if they are willing to follow that man without question.
                                Who says it is without question? To be a leader you have to earn the trust of your subordinates somehow.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X