This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I quite frankly didn't care about Rush's motives to tell you the truth. I was defending the point that Young felt that rush could not be trusted.
    I can see him drawing that conclusion from Justice but prior to that there's no reason for him to be so paranoid about Rush or indeed, paranoid about anyone else. But he is, for whatever reason, but mainly because he's a whackjob.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      I can see him drawing that conclusion from Justice but prior to that there's no reason for him to be so paranoid about Rush or indeed, paranoid about anyone else. But he is, for whatever reason, but mainly because he's a whackjob.
      Honestly I always blamed that on the writers trying to contrive drama and strife.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Honestly I always blamed that on the writers trying to contrive drama and strife.
        Well, honestly, you can blame everything on the writers. These things don't happen naturally given that it's fiction and all
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Sure but doesn't make Young any less of a whackjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            Well, honestly, you can blame everything on the writers. These things don't happen naturally given that it's fiction and all
            It does seem contrived though.
            Sure but doesn't make Young any less of a whackjob.
            hey, If it were up to me TJ or Scott would be in charge.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

hey, If it were up to me TJ or Scott would be in charge.
              TJ. Scott seems a wee bit too dim.

Comment

Only a wee bit?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Depends how he shapes up (or down) over the next ten episodes.

Comment

TJ. Scott seems a wee bit too dim.
                    I wouldn't mind TJ in command...She'd be awesome!...and not just for the reasons Garrowan5 says
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

TJ seems to apply the rare commonsense method of command.

Comment

I wouldn't mind TJ in command...She'd be awesome!...and not just for the reasons Garrowan5 says
                        I don't know if TJ has command in her. I mean look at what happened when she was trying to do psych reports with everyone. Half of the crew just blew her off. TJ is a great doctor because she has empathy. But I don't know if I would trust her to be able to order another solider, let alone a civillian, on a mission where they would have a high chance of dying. I'm sure she would have it in her to issue the order, but getting people to follow it is another story.

Thats why Young is the only person in my opinion suited for leadership. When he gives an order people follow it, even if they mumble about mutiniy later.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                          I don't know if TJ has command in her. I mean look at what happened when she was trying to do psych reports with everyone. Half of the crew just blew her off. TJ is a great doctor because she has empathy. But I don't know if I would trust her to be able to order another solider, let alone a civillian, on a mission where they would have a high chance of dying. I'm sure she would have it in her to issue the order, but getting people to follow it is another story.

Thats why Young is the only person in my opinion suited for leadership. When he gives an order people follow it, even if they mumble about mutiniy later.
                          Her ability to control Greer in "Water" tells me otherwise, sure she has room for improvement but that from what I can tell imo she has what it takes. Besides she wasn't in command when she was giving out evaluations.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Her ability to control Greer in "Water" tells me otherwise, sure she has room for improvement but that from what I can tell imo she has what it takes. Besides she wasn't in command when she was giving out evaluations.
                            But she is a the third highest ranking officer on the ship. She was authority over the crew and they clearly don't see her as an authority figure. And although she did manage to control Greer in "Water", Greer seemed more like he was willing to give her the chance to try her way first rather than simply follow her orders. And TJ would be dealing with Wray and Rush trying to take command every second. In "Water" Rush thought her command was a joke, though to be fair he thinks the same of Young.

I like TJ but I just don't see her being able to keep the ship together when half the crew sees her authority as a joke. TJ is much better off staying the doctor. That way she can earn the trust and respect from the crew as she saves their lives, but right now she doesn't have much. I could see her in command a few seasons from now, but right now I just don't think the civillian crew would respect her.
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                              But she is a the third highest ranking officer on the ship. She was authority over the crew and they clearly don't see her as an authority figure. And although she did manage to control Greer in "Water", Greer seemed more like he was willing to give her the chance to try her way first rather than simply follow her orders. And TJ would be dealing with Wray and Rush trying to take command every second. In "Water" Rush thought her command was a joke, though to be fair he thinks the same of Young.

I like TJ but I just don't see her being able to keep the ship together when half the crew sees her authority as a joke. TJ is much better off staying the doctor. That way she can earn the trust and respect from the crew as she saves their lives, but right now she doesn't have much. I could see her in command a few seasons from now, but right now I just don't think the civillian crew would respect her.
                              I saw Rush as testing TJ in Water and when she passed the 'greater good' test, he seemed to treat her with much greater respect.

Comment

I saw Rush as testing TJ in Water and when she passed the 'greater good' test, he seemed to treat her with much greater respect.
                                Maybe. If TJ keeps stuff like that up and keeps gaining Wray, Rush, and the other civilians respect I could see her as a leader. But right now I think they would turn on her the moment things got tough.
                                sigpic
                                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                                X