No announcement yet.

Who should be in command of Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for whomever that chick is smoking a cigar in Pharaoh Atem's sig.

Comment

... or Riddick.

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
        ... or Riddick.
        that works for me on so many levels
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think the current combination of Rush and Young is working fine, provided they ironed out some differences. Young is doing a good job at protecting everyone (for the most part) and Rush is in charge of getting everyone home. As long as they can get along, they'd work great as a team
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GenieinaZPM View Post
            I think the current combination of Rush and Young is working fine, provided they ironed out some differences. Young is doing a good job at protecting everyone (for the most part) and Rush is in charge of getting everyone home. As long as they can get along, they'd work great as a team
            That scares me. Rush have proven that he doesn't want to get home
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That scares me. Rush have proven that he doesn't want to get home
              indeed!
              I wouldn't trust Rush on this matter at all
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Adama.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  indeed!
                  I wouldn't trust Rush on this matter at all
                  it won't let me green you for Avatar and Sig, so mental green

------------

General Hammond should command Destiny

Comment

Greer. Greer should be in charge.
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I think that although Colonel Young has his faults, he is best suited for command over anyone else on that ship.
                      Firstly i would argue that Icarus was a military base. That is where everyone came from. And until ordered otherwise, the Destiny is officially a military vessel.
                      Although Camille has the crews best interests at heart she is not fit to be a leader, she lacks the strong will to do what needs to be done.
                      I personally like rush, but he has no leadership skills at all.

So I will go with my assessment that Col. Young is the best fitted for Command on the Destiny.
                      Premium fruits from chulac
                      sigpic

Comment

It's probably too namby pamby for a TV show but the civilians should put it to a vote.

The one thing that lessens my enjoyment of Universe is the military ruling by threat of violence.

Comment

Since Destiny is a battleship, the commander of Destiny should be the person with the most battle experience.
                          That would be Col. Young.

Comment

Up until recently Young has always done what is best for the Ship and Crew so my money is on Young.
                            Young was put in a hard position recently involving Telford. For most of the season Young though that Telford was a real peice of work but when he found out that Telford was indeed Brainwashed that changed the whole dynamic of the Situation. He realized that Telford really was not himself and if he could break his brainwashing he would have the real Telford Back.

He took achance on Saving a high ranking officer which might have benefitted the crew later on.
                            I dont think he can be faulted for thinking that way. Yes a few people got killed but that's part of war.

You could argue that if he didn't try to save him and vented the air only Telford would have died along with the Insurgents and that it would be an acceptable loss and hind sight is a beauterful thing, But that may not have worked anyway because the alliance had the keys to the doors and could have got out in time anyway.

Telford did show that he was trying to redeem himself and he did take out the leader at his own expense.
                            This is exactly the sort of person you need when things get tough so I think Young made the right choice.

Comment

Anyone who says Young, must be looking forward to the inventive ways he is going to get everyone killed in. A freaking old dried up potato would be a better choice than Young at this point. That is right, vegetable matter would give that crew a better chance of survival than being commanded by Young.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                                Anyone who says Young, must be looking forward to the inventive ways he is going to get everyone killed in. A freaking old dried up potato would be a better choice than Young at this point. That is right, vegetable matter would give that crew a better chance of survival than being commanded by Young.
                                What ways are you refering to? I think Young has done a bang up job with the limited Resources. He has to babysit all the civilians, not to mention that arrogant self centered ass of a person (by the way I am refering to Rush) who keeps trying to manipulaute the situation just so he can be in control of the ship. He always has his own agenda's. He thinks just because he has a PHD or what ever the hell he has got gives him the right to be in charge.

Rush staged a mutiny for crying out loud all because Young would not do everything he wanted. Rush is on that mission as a scientist not a Commander. He is there to advise only and look after the technical side of things not to Command.

Rush has spent his whole life studying science ETC where Young has spent his whole life learing how to Command.
                                I'm not saying that Young has done everything right. Far from it but even the most experienced people make mistakes.

There out in the middle of nowhere with god knows how many hostile beings around, of course the military should be in charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X