Who should be in command of Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Rush he is able to make the tough calls, something Young has repeatedly failed to do! other than attempting to murder a civilian perhaps....
    *eyeroll*
    This is supposed to be fun, let's not have it turn into who murdered who (especially when no one got murdered at all) or have it turn into the "I hate so and so thread". Or BAG will come down and pelt us all with earth shattering gobs of balled up paper from His Notebook and that will be the end of that.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      *eyeroll*
      This is supposed to be fun, let's not have it turn into who murdered who (especially when no one got murdered at all) or have it turn into the "I hate so and so thread". Or BAG will come down and pelt us all with earth shattering gobs of balled up paper from His Notebook and that will be the end of that.
      In this case....

There's only one! BAG for President! Who else?
      sigpic

Comment

It a tough call but I vote for BAG and Riley to be joint leaders.
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

*eyeroll*
          This is supposed to be fun, let's not have it turn into who murdered who (especially when no one got murdered at all|) or have it turn into the "I hate so and so thread". Or BAG will come down and pelt us all with earth shattering gobs of balled up paper from His Notebook and that will be the end of that.
          Hence attempted murder which last I checked is still a crime.

Anyway fun... Rush for command as he gave whack any Aliens with metal pipes or give them a good Glaswegian Kiss.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Hence attempted murder which last I checked is still a crime.

Anyway fun... Rush for command as he gave whack any Aliens with metal pipes or give them a good Glaswegian Kiss.
            Framing a person for a murder is a crime too. Never mind 80+ charges of reckless endangerment.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Answering thread's question turned out to be more difficult than I'd expected. My first thought was Young (and eventually I voted for him) because he made the show so entertaining thus far. More seriously, he seems to care the most about the crew, seems to be the most remorseful about his mistakes, most frank about them, selfless and willing to sacrifice himself for his people's sake. All good leadership qualities. However we all know his decision making process, especially under duress, isn't that good and he tends to let emotions dictate his moves. That's why I think the best course of action would be Young & Wray's joint command. I believe she would calm him down and wouldn't be afraid to stand up to him.

I considered Telford, but then disregarded him because at this point I feel I don't know enough about him. I like what I saw in Incursion, but it's too little to base decision on. The argument that he must be good because he was chosen for the mission in the first place doesn't work for me because at this point he could have been already brainwashed, ergo wasn't acting like himself.

I considered TJ, but I think she's still too inexperienced and I'm afraid she'd have to choose between command and medical duties.

Camille works for the civilians but not for the military, so as I said: joint command with Young.

In the ideal world of course I'd love to have Jack in command, to see more of his tough Black Ops officer persona, but this is not his show, so he got disqualified because of that.
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                Answering thread's question turned out to be more difficult than I'd expected. My first thought was Young (and eventually I voted for him) because he made the show so entertaining thus far. More seriously, he seems to care the most about the crew, seems to be the most remorseful about his mistakes, most frank about them, selfless and willing to sacrifice himself for his people's sake. All good leadership qualities. However we all know his decision making process, especially under duress, isn't that good and he tends to let emotions dictate his moves. That's why I think the best course of action would be Young & Wray's joint command. I believe she would calm him down and wouldn't be afraid to stand up to him.

I considered Telford, but then disregarded him because at this point I feel I don't know enough about him. I like what I saw in Incursion, but it's too little to base decision on. The argument that he must be good because he was chosen for the mission in the first place doesn't work for me because at this point he could have been already brainwashed, ergo wasn't acting like himself.

I considered TJ, but I think she's still too inexperienced and I'm afraid she'd have to choose between command and medical duties.

Camille works for the civilians but not for the military, so as I said: joint command with Young.

In the ideal world of course I'd love to have Jack in command, to see more of his tough Black Ops officer persona, but this is not his show, so he got disqualified because of that.
                I'm really hoping that Wray steps up during season 2. I liked her working WITH Young during the 2 Incursion episodes and it gives me hope that she's capable. I still think Young should remain in command but sharing with Wray (provided Wray can stop her scheming) would probably ease some of the burden on him
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I'm really hoping that Wray steps up during season 2. I liked her working WITH Young during the 2 Incursion episodes and it gives me hope that she's capable. I still think Young should remain in command but sharing with Wray (provided Wray can stop her scheming) would probably ease some of the burden on him
                  Problem is, he would have to start communicating. With Wray. I'm not sure that is as easy for the guy as it should be.

Comment

The Smurf aliens should be in charge. They work together and have common goals.

Comment

Hmm. Tough one. Without having seen much of Telford in command, I'll choose Young.
                      sigpic

Comment

Young, because telford is a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                          Who was brainwashed...

Young is just incompetent by nature.

Comment

I betcha anything Telford is a good leader by heart. and if he makes it I would love to see what his leadership style is like.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                              was, he's back to his old self now
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

TJ!
                                If not... Young with Wray and Rush as advisors.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X