Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Scott and Greer going to find? (speculation/comedy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At some point -- maybe not Scott and Greer but by someone -- the presence of an ascended ancient will most definitely be discovered, even if unintentional.

Comment

Obligatory 'Franklin' response.

Comment

why not just walk to the side of the ship facing away from the orbiting stars. if you can survive within the ship with a single shield layer and a hull, 2 layers of shield and an entire ship between you and the radiation should be more than sufficient.

they're making it harder than it needs to be
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          a hamster in a threadwheel, coke, cola, beer,spirits, ghosts, aliens, ancients, BAG, Janus, Amelius, a black hole, a ZPM, magnets, naquahdriah, a Mark IX, a replicator, FRAN in leather, bug replicator, Xenomorphs, Predators, Chloe, Eli, Franklin, an ascended, two asgard, a Furling and three nox.

that's probably 90% of all replies to come
          In addition to all that, they find Jimmy Hoffa's body in stasis and Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Hoffa can unionize the LA.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            In addition to all that, they find Jimmy Hoffa's body in stasis and Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Hoffa can unionize the LA.
            And Rodney McKay being chased by an anthromorphic lemon

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
              why not just walk to the side of the ship facing away from the orbiting stars. if you can survive within the ship with a single shield layer and a hull, 2 layers of shield and an entire ship between you and the radiation should be more than sufficient.

AHA I actually have a sciency answer based on stuff from the ep not just stuff I made up! Woohoo!

Ahem. Anyway, when discussing how they could change the shield strength they (I think it was the scientist chick) said that they could put the majority of shield strength on the side facing the pulsar but that they would still need minimal shield on the side facing away. The reason for this is because when exposed to radiation or other energy like that the energy wave would be strongest on the near side, but it would also wrap around the ship to a certain extent, affecting the other side although to a far lesser degree. Maybe there would be one spot right in the middle of the ship on the far side which would not be affected but it would be a bit risky to bet your life on that.

Also they need the entire ship to be encompassed in some kind of shield when they go to FTL don't they?
              "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
                Lest we forget: we've seen concept art for the bridge already. It was one of the drawings released prior to the premiere.
                Cool I must have missed that I don't read his blog daily. Any chance you can link that one?
                sigpic
                Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I want them to find an Ancient weapons room. Maybe some sort of stun gun, would be handy against the Lucian Alliance.

Comment

Amelia Earhart

Comment

A half Franklin half Robot Virus type entity. After making friends with it by feeding it some Beef Jerky that Greer has packed in his suit, the three of them together kill everone that would hurt Destiny! And then have a drink at Brody's
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post

That to me would have made more sense than sendin them running for an opening far enough away they have a TIGHT window to make it.

Comment

A port-a-John with all the secrets of destiny written in shat house wall logic.
                          sigpic

Comment

Eli?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                              AHA I actually have a sciency answer based on stuff from the ep not just stuff I made up! Woohoo!

Ahem. Anyway, when discussing how they could change the shield strength they (I think it was the scientist chick) said that they could put the majority of shield strength on the side facing the pulsar but that they would still need minimal shield on the side facing away. The reason for this is because when exposed to radiation or other energy like that the energy wave would be strongest on the near side, but it would also wrap around the ship to a certain extent, affecting the other side although to a far lesser degree. Maybe there would be one spot right in the middle of the ship on the far side which would not be affected but it would be a bit risky to bet your life on that.

Also they need the entire ship to be encompassed in some kind of shield when they go to FTL don't they?
                              i'll buy that to some extent, the ship isn't exactly 'smooth lines' though,

go to far side of ship, find highest ridges/deepest gullies(for want of better descriptions), hunker down, boast for weeks how you survived a binary pulsar blast in just a spacesuit............. because thats just how awesome you are!!
                              sigpic
                              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post

I'd just like to add that the dimensions of Destiny does not make it easy to run from one side to the other, compared with running up and down one side. That probably plays second to the theory that everything outside the shield will be vaporised due to the gamma rays wrapping around the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X