This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmmb View Post
    Man that is what i call cliffhanger or three... very good season finale i must say!
    Problem is i have to way months to see how it plays out...
    Join the club my friend...join the club...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Join the club my friend...join the club...
      I bet i am going to wait longer because i am in Portugal...bahhhh
      My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by nmmb View Post
        I bet i am going to wait longer because i am in Portugal...bahhhh
        You're probably correct...unfortunately.
        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice how Amanda Tapping was Dr. Helen Magnus with her accent? I guess she doesn't even remember Sam Carter anymore.
          sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
            Did anyone else notice how Amanda Tapping was Dr. Helen Magnus with her accent? I guess she doesn't even remember Sam Carter anymore.
            I noticed the darker hair, but not the accent. Still very much Carter to me.
            sigpic

Comment

Just watched my SGU 1.5 DVD set.
              The last few eps were great, especially this one, but in the Battlestar Galactica tradition, not the Stargate tradition.

You need the high drama to save the show from all the dreary dark & cold. SG-1 had a warmth to it--a family/team feel that evoked a sense of attachment in it's viewers.

I think SGU suffers also because viewers didn't have time to get over the heartbreak of losing SG-1 & SGA.

Is it just me, or was there too much Eli & Chloe soppiness & Eli lugging her about the ship?

I hope that before this series ends, the Destiny meets up with some advanced aliens or robots that totally restore and refurbish her to 'good as new' condition and she gets a chance to kick some fanny instead of just barely surviving hostile encounters all the time.

Comment

The last few eps were great, especially this one, but in the Battlestar Galactica tradition, not the Stargate tradition.

You need the high drama to save the show from all the dreary dark & cold. SG-1 had a warmth to it--a family/team feel that evoked a sense of attachment in it's viewers.

I think SGU suffers also because viewers didn't have time to get over the heartbreak of losing SG-1 & SGA.

Is it just me, or was there too much Eli & Chloe soppiness & Eli lugging her about the ship?

I hope that before this series ends, the Destiny meets up with some advanced aliens or robots that totally restore and refurbish her to 'good as new' condition and she gets a chance to kick some fanny instead of just barely surviving hostile encounters all the time.
                I really hope not. Talk about your magical endings, yikes!
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I agree and I think an SG-1 and SGA movie, had it come out this summer, would have eased a lot of frustrated fans.....

However, I really really really really really REALLY think it would be dumb if some fasionable aliens come and refurbish the destiny. I mean, I think it would turn out to be a extremely cheesy story if it actually happened no matter how they did it...... no offense.
                  Last edited by major davis; 06 August 2010, 05:08 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think it HAS to be cheesy.

I'm thinking of critters that look just like replicators but turn out to be totally different than Milky-Way replicators, having a different directive--invented to repair things instead of assimilate them. So Destiny crew spends half the ep thinking that they are the same old replicators and trying to fight 'em off, killing many of them only to end up defeated and isolated to the gate room, then they are suddenly released after a day or two to discover that the replicators are gone and the ship looks brand new.

Rogue replicators that apparently just wanna fix everything. They have no emotion, no vengeance and use non-lethal means to neutralize any biological life-forms that get in the way. They might only exist on a single planet where their inventors died off millennia ago and where the Destiny intentionally & automatically sets down due to major FTL drive failure. The Destiny knows what's gonna happen but the crew doesn't.

So now the military has guns, but no ammo, which can be recipe for new drama.

This would give the show producers a chance to give SGU a new brighter and happier look as well.

Comment

Just to make it even more interesting, you could have the Destiny meet up with the seeder ships in an earlier episode where one of the seeder ships is mysteriously brand-new looking compared to the others. It all makes sense later

By having Destiny land on a planet, you could have the crew believing that the intention of the FTL-less Destiny is for them to make this planet their permanent new home. You can also have the replicators totally evicting the crew. It could be like BSG where most of the survivors tried to make a new home on "New Caprica". So Young & Co. are, after a failed assault or two, forced to watch from a distance as the replicators appear to be ripping up the Destiny for scrap. So the story might play out over several eps.

More ideas? Ya, sure, you betcha!

The former inhabitants of the replicator planet died out because of virtual reality--a glimpse of Earth's future! Young & co. begin living in the former homes of the planet's original inhabitants, which are millennia old but 'good as new' due to continual maintenance by the replicators. They discover many high-tech marvels including a "Bliss Station"--a virtual reality machine that allows a person to indulge in every imaginable pleasure and experience the mood altering effects of numerous narcotics without actually using them for real. Dr. Rush accesses historical records which indicate the the former inhabitants/creators were unable to sustain their population because they simply became too lazy and addicted to the "Bliss Stations" to care about real life.
                      Last edited by fwupow; 06 August 2010, 02:32 AM. Reason: just adding more story ideas

Comment

I don't think it HAS to be cheesy.

I'm thinking of critters that look just like replicators but turn out to be totally different than Milky-Way replicators, having a different directive--invented to repair things instead of assimilate them. So Destiny crew spends half the ep thinking that they are the same old replicators and trying to fight 'em off, killing many of them only to end up defeated and isolated to the gate room, then they are suddenly released after a day or two to discover that the replicators are gone and the ship looks brand new.

Rogue replicators that apparently just wanna fix everything. They have no emotion, no vengeance and use non-lethal means to neutralize any biological life-forms that get in the way. They might only exist on a single planet where their inventors died off millennia ago and where the Destiny intentionally & automatically sets down due to major FTL drive failure. The Destiny knows what's gonna happen but the crew doesn't.

So now the military has guns, but no ammo, which can be recipe for new drama.

This would give the show producers a chance to give SGU a new brighter and happier look as well.
                        Well I could see them reparing destiny.. Exterior and actual damaged parts... But it would be cheesy if they fixed up the rust and all the inperfections and make the destiny look spick and span.

They've built the sets and painted them and designed them to look beaten up and warn down, I doubt they'd redo them to look new just cause some fans don't like the look or darkness of the ship.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking a lot abt the "replicator planet" I mentioned in my previous posts here, but I don't wanna drag this thread off topic. What to do?

So, anyhow, it turns out that they aren't really replicators but mass-produced robots that happen to look like replicators. They are the last, most recent, most advanced robot that the planet's former inhabitants designed. They have the ability to reverse engineer and repair things on their own without needing human source programming.

The planet is a glimpse of the full realization of earthly human dreams, where all energy comes from renewable sustainable sources and ALL work is done by robots.

Dr. Rush "The people who once lived here did so just as we're doing now--completely free of charge. Everything cost nothing. The solar farms here are over 90% efficient at converting solar light & heat into electricity. All of the manufacturing plants are completely automated and self-repairing. The robots fix the very machines that made them!"

Eli Wallace-"These people wudda made me & the Japanese look like technophobes. They were ALL about computers and robots and technology. You know they've got solar farms in space beaming energy down to the planet and that black line in the distance is a carbon nanotube space elevator which connects to one of them."

The technology that will really pique the interest of The Trust, the Lucien Alliance and EVERYBODY else though is the advanced matter conversion technology which enables the manufacturing plants to take any raw material and convert it to any element of choice, which turns out to be the explanation for why the Destiny crew finds so many precious metals and gems throughout the cities, homes & buildings.

Col Young-"The BeeGees said that "Nobody gets too much heaven no more." Well they'd be singing a different tune of they lived here. Too much heaven is exactly what killed off the indigenous people of this planet and the only question is whether any of us are strong enough to resist and avoid repeating the same mistake."

We're on our way to the same future where robots do all the work: http://www.popsci.com/technology/gal...lpful-machines
                          Last edited by fwupow; 08 August 2010, 12:40 AM. Reason: missing word, "pique" instead of "peek" (tired brain 2day)

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            I just watched again & listened more carefully. I guess it was my own brain that perceived something that wasn't really there. AT is gonna think I hate her now :O I'm sorry.

Just goes to show the associative power of the human brain. I've only watched abt 2 episodes of Sanctuary ever.

This is the same reason why white people like me who grew up without any black people around have trouble telling them apart. Our brains are associative and lazy and assume that because a person's blackness is so exceptional, that's the only attribute that needs remembering. It also, immediately upon recognizing a person or thing, lazily assumes that all remembered attributes remain unchanged. What's really interesting about the process is that it occurs automatically without conscious thought, like breathing.

Comment

I just watched again & listened more carefully. I guess it was my own brain that perceived something that wasn't really there. AT is gonna think I hate her now :O I'm sorry.
                              *blinks*

Why would she even know or care?

Comment

U never know. Little birdies fly thru windows and chirp when you least expect it and people are sensitive whether they admit it or not and maybe it's about me relieving my conscience regardless of who hears or doesn't.
                                Last edited by fwupow; 11 August 2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling mistake like usual

Comment

Working...
                                X