This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree.

I didn't see any stars or planets in the background except for the two that were circling each other. Does this mean they are in a void? It can't be the same one they were in before can it? Has the Destiny gone through two voids now? Or was I looking at the ship and just not seeing other stuff on the screen. I especially like the shot of Destiny from the top/bottom with the blast of radiation coming from the far side, like a silloutte.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      I agree.

I didn't see any stars or planets in the background except for the two that were circling each other. Does this mean they are in a void? It can't be the same one they were in before can it? Has the Destiny gone through two voids now? Or was I looking at the ship and just not seeing other stuff on the screen. I especially like the shot of Destiny from the top/bottom with the blast of radiation coming from the far side, like a silloutte.
      I saw stars. As for planets well thier is tons of space between solar systems in a galaxy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree.

Just exit a solar system, and you're pretty much in a void. The space between solar systems is almost impossible to comprehend even with the actual numbers. Alpha Centauri is the closest star system to our own, and it's 4.37 light years away. Quite the gap there.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

Damn, my heart starts racing every time I watch it.
          Thank you for posting this! I was dying to find that soundtrack, as I am dying to find the music used in the shuttle scenes of Light.

Edit: Nevermind, the same person posted the Light soundtrack too! Woo!
          Last edited by Demerzel; 18 June 2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
            SG-1 got that way too, I find it hard to go back and watch episodes, it just became too hard to believe that a team of four characters could outsmart and keep on defeating an empire that spanned most of the galaxy.
            I cut SG-1 a bit of slack, because part of it was the good, campy fun-nature of it. And also, the Goa'uld's arrogance was their big weakness. However, as Subversion shows, when reality is in play, they really are idiots.

Comment

It was an incredible episode, I just hope the TJ doesn't lose her baby. That would be just tragic.

Comment

Philbert writes: [...] 3- In Incursion 2 we saw TJ walk up a set of stairs and through the gate. We’ve always seen shots of all the characters from the “console side” of the gate room by and going through those main doors. Whats back there? [...]

Answers: [...] 3. The shuttle. [...]
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

One of the crappiest Stargate finales ever.
                  Very unrealistic. Why couldn't they just remove life support? That's what any military commander would have done. Especially after they started killing hostages.

Comment

Rewatched both parts together last night and I was still as wowed as the first time round. That ending with the absolutely stunning score (which, in parts, actually reminded me very much of the music for the Goa'uld), watching everyone running, getting captured and herded around, people bleeding... my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.
                    sigpic

Comment

Its music like that that makes or breaks great scenes... I wonder if the powers that be will release a "best of the music of the stargate" cd

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        Rewatched both parts together last night and I was still as wowed as the first time round. That ending with the absolutely stunning score (which, in parts, actually reminded me very much of the music for the Goa'uld), watching everyone running, getting captured and herded around, people bleeding... my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.
                        I've been very critical of the overuse of "montages", mostly because the "hip and young" songs used haven't fit with the show and they mostly showed characters just sitting around on their backsides staring into space. But, I thought the ending scene music this time was well matched with the scenes and added a very powerful emotion to the action at the time. Was it a Joel Goldsmith original or something else?
                        Last edited by hisg1fans; 20 June 2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I've been very critical of the overuse of "montages", mostly because the "hip and young" songs used haven't fit with the show and they mostly showed characters just sitting around on their backsides staring into space. But, I thought the ending scene music this time was well matched with the music and added a very powerful emotion to the action at the time. Was it a Joel Goldsmith original or something else?
                          Pretty sure that was a Goldsmith original. I have quite enjoyed most of the music (eg. I loved "Breathe" at the end of Air 3), but there was something about this piece, the way it built and flowed with what we were seeing. Magic.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                            And it's always fun to visit the ep threads to read all the non-critical gushing that goes on. See ya next season!
                            Forgive me for watching shows I actually like. So while I do criticize when it's deserved, I'm not using the forums to whine about shows that just can't fulfill my requirements as an imaginary fan-fic show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Okay, first off:

Way to create a panic, genius. Listen, the only actor comment that could be construed as "negative" was BJ Smith's comment about the finale being "upsetting and cruel." We all know why, so, again, thanks for misquoting and kicking up a fuss in the first few pages of the thread.

So let's see what we have in this thread... We've got praise for the finale, hate for the finale, cries of it being too predictable, masturbating over Atlantis (Lolwhatz? SGAz isz muchz betterz lol!111one), hate for the people praising the finale and blah blah blah blah blah.

I enjoyed the finale a lot. The only casualty I think of importance (Apart from, you know, the baby) was Riley, who got peppered with bullets in the infirmary brawl. Again, I enjoyed the finale a lot. A lot more than when I decided to read this thread. Yeesh - how many people are just watching the show and enjoying the show and that's all? They're not constantly comparing it to the former shows, constantly nitpicking... I'm starting to think I'm the only damn one.
                              Me, me, me!
                              I liked it for what it was. It could have been better, more unpredictable in some spots (like the shooting in the infirmary), but it didn't decrease its enjoyment level. The emotional response from me was exactly they were shooting at: I WANT MORE NOW!
                              sigpic

Comment

For me personally this is the best season finale since the siege, I loved every moment of it and both parts are now in my "All Time Fave Episodes"(tm) list.

Comment

Working...
                                X