This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    Some things were just too predictable, and there will be obvious solutions to the problems.

TJ getting shot, not enough to kill her but enough to kill the baby. I think I (along with many others) predicted this outcome since we find out that she is pregnant.

Main cast members in imminent danger that could lead to death is anti-climatic. There's no way Young, Greer or Scott are gonna get killed off. Would've been more interesting if it was someone like Wray or another supporting cast member.

Unimportant character getting killed off in hostage situation for dramatic affect. Not so dramatic. Make it a supporting character who's face we've actually seen and has had at least a few lines.

Ok other than that, I enjoyed the episode Pretty good job for a season finale. I like the direction the Varro character is going, I hope they keep him on as recurring at the very least.
    No if you remember life.. Rivers was part of Parks book club and he did have lines.

And no I disagree it wasn't predictable.. we were convinced some character we knew was going to die and none did.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I have to agree with the original poster. I had an idea what was going to happen before it did. I also think too many people got wounded and shot, and it basically lost it's drama effect. Kiva shooting TJ in cold blood would of been really powerful.
      Thats because your on GW. Its the price of being on fandom. With twitter and spoilers its hard to be supprised.

On the other hand im supprised no one we knew died.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
        What so action is 'intense scenes of people looking really really serious,' cause thats all that was on show here.
        It's a serious hostage and people taking over the ship (military base) situation. They must be serious about it.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Cliffies! Usually you get about one, right? Noooooo, now the whole damned thing is one huge cliffie! But it's cool that everything isn't all neatly wrapped up for us. Although waiting until October might drive me insane
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Nah, I don't think so. If the only argument is that the main cast never dies then that will apply to 99% of shows.

Comment

Riley still lives!!
              Well i think so anyway. in the overhead shot of the infirmary, after the whole place got shot up and there are bodies lying on the ground, in the top left corner of the screen, you can see the legs of someone in the Black Icarus Base uniform (the kind Riley wears) crawling away. So in my opinion (and i hope) Riley didnt get killed in the gunfire.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post

That was just amazing. The best season finale I've seen in a looong time. It's up there with Galactica's first season finale when Adama got shot. In fact, I think this may just be the best Stargate season finale yet. You heard me, Brian!

I must watch it again. I simply must.
                You need to rewatch some classic Stargate. You really think this episode tops "Lost City" Wow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  TJ will be ok, her baby won't
                  Shocker huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    WEll, we know Telford is dead, as that LA guy felt his neck and left him there..
                    Well, I think the LA guy just don´t care about Telford (don´t think he is dead. would be an interesting dynamic if Telford survive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                      a bit too powerful imo. the show is dark enough already...that would have just pushed it over the edge.
                      SGA has done similar stuff to make it dark like that. It was kinda a dissappointment how she got shot. What if say Young accidently shot her in the crossfire or even Greer. Wow that would of been heavy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        Nah, I don't think so. If the only argument is that the main cast never dies then that will apply to 99% of shows.
                        Unless you have the kahonas like SGA to kill off a main.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Unless you have the kahonas like SGA to kill off a main.
                          You mean the under developed, annoyingly-optimistic Ford?
                          Or the "I'm not really dead, just turned replicator-with-a-new-body" Weir?

Neither were great losses to SGA, imo

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                            You mean the under developed, annoyingly-optimistic Ford?
                            Or the "I'm not really dead, just turned replicator-with-a-new-body" Weir?

Neither were great losses to SGA, imo
                            Not counting his return because fandom petitioned to get him back, but Carson in Sunday. Was a true death of a main character. It was a ratings ploy to get him back. and it worked. Kindred pt 2 episode 419 pulled in over 1.7 Million viewers live, and over 2.2 Million after all DVR.
                            sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode!!! Must watch more. If season two is shown in Oct/Nov that be pretty awesome. It's a very short wait compared with other series that make you wait anywhere from 6months to a year.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Telford is cast in every episode of season 2 that I checked out.. Which would make up a good leadership duo between Young and Telford. One would compliment the others shortfalls and makes for an excellent full circle writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X