Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of a one time gate connection to swap crews to make Destiny a permanent outpost, and then having a large portion of the crew decide to stay on Destiny. It would be different than a cliche ending and be happy without everything just going right.

Mainly I like the idea of no conclusion to the Destiny storyline. I want the humans on the ship to basically take the place of the ancients that were originally supposed to explore other galaxies. Don't try to make the Destiny return home to Earth, fulfill the mission.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
      I like the idea of a one time gate connection to swap crews to make Destiny a permanent outpost, and then having a large portion of the crew decide to stay on Destiny. It would be different than a cliche ending and be happy without everything just going right.

Mainly I like the idea of no conclusion to the Destiny storyline. I want the humans on the ship to basically take the place of the ancients that were originally supposed to explore other galaxies. Don't try to make the Destiny return home to Earth, fulfill the mission.

Well that's a kinda cool idea. But, if they do that then the new team better come through with some Asgard beaming tech and a couple of puddle jumpers

Comment

1) the ship has passengers, not a crew.
        2) i think there is more than one ship like the destiny and there were seeder ships that were sent in many different directions.
        3) Destiny is going somewhere, it's not exploring, that's what the seeder ships did. Destiny just has all the information these seeder ships sent back.
        4) what if the seeder ship it is tracing stopped?
        5) if there more ships like Destiny, what is so special about this one ship? could it be its destination?
        6) does this ship have any nanites? At least more primitive nanites that can restore the ship?
        7) some aliens are gonna show up sooner or later. sentient life FTW!

Comment

I don't know how this might work, and honestly I'd be annoyed if it did happen, but what if Atlantis managed to perfect it's wormhole drive? The calculations are very complex, but the crew of the Destiny know its postion relative to Earth (from its route) and can communicate it via the stones...

I'm probably missing something that makes this impossible, but what do you guys think?

Comment

1. They gain control of and turn the Destiny around, fullfilling the Ancients original intent of exploring the galaxy.
            2. Land the Destiny on a planet, and effectively "become" the Ancients of that galaxy, using a Dakara-like device they find onboard, seeding this new galaxy with life, updating and adding DHDs to the gate network...
            3. Find a seeder ship and using it's Gate capabilities create a Universe bridge of gates, sending and forwarding through the network to get to either Pegasus or into the MW.

Just some thoughts.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hams-new-book/

This afternoon, we watched Brad’s producer’s cut of Incursion I. Plenty of suspense, lots of action, and some outstanding performances make it a a terrific precursor to the season finale. Wow.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Casting Call - Kiva

Spoiler:
                [KIVA] (35-45, female) Strong willed commander of the Lucian Alliance. Who will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew...THREE EPISODE GUEST ARC; Submit all ethnicities. STAR NAMES PREFERRED

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...call-kiva.html

Confirmed for this episode at :

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wi..._Episode_Guide

Spoilers for Part 1:

Spoiler:
                Continued from "Subversion" is the three-episode arc of Commander Kiva of the Lucian Alliance:

Poor Telford/Rush are still being tortured with the taser-like weapon used by Dannicus. They're on a cargo ship that has been redesigned from when the Goa'uld had them. Will Rush break?
                Eli and Chloe are together and Chloe is severely injured with a leg wound. They're still on the Destiny, but might be in a part of the ship that no one has explored yet.

Kiva has managed to board the Destiny. Young has demanded her and her people's surrender, but she doesn't plan to comply. She's in control of the gateroom and has some of Young's people as hostage. But Young and his people are in control of the "control interface room", which she says is the "ship's nerve center". Kiva wants possession of the great discovery that the Destiny is. She wants Young to surrender to join her in the discovery instead. Young counters that he can just vent the atmosphere where she is, but Kiva thinks he's bluffing since she believes he won't kill his own people.

Young calls for Wray to help in the negotiations.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wi..._Episode_Guide
                Spoiler:
                I've read the casting sides for other roles cast for Incursion Pts 1 & 2 (besides Kiva). There are no page numbers or scene numbers on the sides, so there's no way to know when these scenes take place or which order they're in (or even whether some of the characters are with the Lucian Alliance or the Destiny crew):

In a makeshift ER, Koz tells another character named Gray that he has orders to help him operate on a patient. The lights go out, and Koz shines a flashlight on the patient for Gray. Koz says that the patient is his brother.

In the war room, Calvos gets a message from Kiva over the radio that, "They're in." Calvos radios Kiva that he's "attenuating the shield strength in that compartment and dialing back artificial gravity." While Calvos is inputting a sequence into the console, another character, Rothman, slips away. Then, Calvos tells Kiva that one of the power relays just went down. Kiva asks if it's essential for controlling the ship, and Calvos tells her no, so Kiva tells him to leave it. Rothman returns, finds out that they've lost a power relay, and tells Calvos to go work on it. Calvos hurries off. Rothman looks down the corridor and inputs a sequence into the console. <--(It appears that Rothman may be working against Kiva; maybe Rothman helps the Destiny crew?!)

In a lab at night, a character named Ivon's eyes widen and he pitches backwards. He convulses on the floor and a crowd gathers. A scientist asks, "What's happening to him?!"

In the power station access corridor <--(It doesn't say whether this is on Destiny or not), a character named Bauer and his squad move down a darkened corridor. Sections of the ceiling have been breached, so that the men can see the black beyond. Bauer and Squad Member #1 check a console to make sure they're headed in the right direction, then the group continues down a branch of the corridor. In a later scene, also in an access corridor in the power station, Squad Member #1 initiates a "device" <--(That's all that the sides say about it), and suddenly his hand starts to bubble and blister. He screams as he begins to turn to ash, which burns orange and blows away as if blown by a wind. The other squad members quickly retreat, leaving a stunned Bauer.
                Last edited by Rhoswen; 23 November 2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoswen View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I've read the casting sides for other roles cast for Incursion Pts 1 & 2 (besides Kiva). There are no page numbers or scene numbers on the sides, so there's no way to know when these scenes take place or which order they're in (or even whether some of the characters are with the Lucian Alliance or the Destiny crew):

Koz says that he has orders to help another character, Gray, operate on a patient in a makeshift ER. The lights go out, and Koz shines a flashlight on the patient for Gray. Koz says that the patient is his brother.

In the war room, Calvos gets a message from Kiva over the radio that, "They're in." Calvos radios Kiva that he's "attenuating the shield strength in that compartment and dialing back artificial gravity." While Calvos is inputting a sequence into the console, another character, Rothman, slips away. Then, Calvos tells Kiva that one of the power relays just went down. Kiva asks if it's essential for controlling the ship, and Calvos tells her no, so Kiva tells him to leave it. Rothman returns, finds out that they've lost a power relay, and tells Calvos to go work on it. Calvos hurries off. Rothman looks down the corridor and inputs a sequence into the console. <--(It appears that Rothman may be working against Kiva; maybe Rothman helps the Destiny crew?!)

In a lab at night, a character named Ivon's eyes widen and he pitches backwards. He convulses on the floor and a crowd gathers. A scientist asks, "What's happening to him?!"

In the power station access corridor <--(It doesn't say whether this is on Destiny or not), a character named Bauer and his squad move down a darkened corridor. Sections of the ceiling have been breached, so that the men can see the black beyond. Bauer and Squad Member #1 check a console to make sure they're headed in the right direction, then the group continues down a branch of the corridor. In a later scene, also in an access corridor in the power station, Squad Member #1 initiates a "device" <--(That's all that the sides say about it), and suddenly his hand starts to bubble and blister. He screams as he begins to turn to ash, which burns orange and blows away as if blown by a wind. The other squad members quickly retreat, leaving a stunned Bauer.
                  Interesting. I don't quite know what to make of it, but it's interesting....
                  sigpic

Comment

I think a more appropriate ending would be Rush and Young staying behind, shuttling the others home through the gate, or somewhere that could get them home. They're being fired upon by some aliens or something and in order to ensure they don't get the ship, they attempt to destroy it.

Rush goes up to the observation deck and witnesses it from there, while Young being the only qualified person pilots the ship directly into the sun but WITHOUT shields.

Rush smiles as the ship is enveloped by fire, and Young clutches his weddings ring while thinking of the love of his life.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

The final scene of the season finale
                      Spoiler:
                      Everyone is sitting around in a circle, holding hands, crying, eating chocolate, talking about shoes, and doing each others make up

Comment

Today, Visual Effects Supervisor Mark Savela was in to show us temp shots for Pain, Incursion I, and Incursion II. Let’s just say that those of you yearning for space-faring action are in for a treat.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uickie-update/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

poundpuppy29 writes: “Is there going to be more action in the second half of SGU and I don’t mean sex by the way I like the personal stuff but I would like my scifi to have some action too?”

Answer: Yep. Aliens and space battles in the first episode back, #11: Space, followed by intrigue, mystery, loss, exploration, chaos, revelations, and a big two part finale reminiscent of golden age SG-1.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...7-the-mailbag/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think eventually Earth will be able to send supplies and people, but by that point it wont matter. The Icarus crew will have been there soo long and been thru soo much together that they will be the experts. Anyone new would be playing catch up and be an outsider.

I would kinda like to see Destiny blown apart and the crew all graphically dead, corpses strewn about with pissed off aliens vowing to find earth and destroy it at any cost. Can u picture a better holysh!t cliff hanger than that? Maybe Eli escaping with the ships ai or something.

Getting home is kind of a touchey feely ending. I doubt they could convince Destiny to float around Earth as a defense ship, its an EXPLORATION ship.

Theres always the open ending where u resolve the story but leave the main status quo, so theyre still out there "somewhere" doing their thing. Neither SG1 or SGA had that ending.

Comment

I hope they dont go for an open ending, im kind of sick of them...

Comment

If by open, you mean cliffhanger, then I think that's unavoidable with this particular episode...

Comment

Working...
                                X