Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that how Battlestar Galactica ended? Well sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by Spraggu187 View Post
      I've been thinking lately of how SGU's ending may pan out. Im not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what if Destiny's crew, or whoever survives toward the end, wind up being the Ancestor's to the Ancients? The way i see it, say the crew of the Destiny make a last ditch effort to get back to earth, say involving the FTL drive in some capacity. BOOM, on big miscalculation later, the destiny actually ends up 50-60+ Million years in the past orbiting something oddly familiar. The Alteran Homeworld which is mysteriously devoid of any intelligent life or civilization. Perhaps a chance discovery of an Ancient/Alteran legend about the Alterans possibly being transplanted to there homeworld from a galaxy far far away. So, Destiny accidently(maybe on purpose?) becomes the Ancients most important experiment they ever created.

Thoughts? Opinions?
      Too much like Battlestar Galactica.

Next!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraggu187 View Post
        I've been thinking lately of how SGU's ending may pan out. Im not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what if Destiny's crew, or whoever survives toward the end, wind up being the Ancestor's to the Ancients? The way i see it, say the crew of the Destiny make a last ditch effort to get back to earth, say involving the FTL drive in some capacity. BOOM, on big miscalculation later, the destiny actually ends up 50-60+ Million years in the past orbiting something oddly familiar. The Alteran Homeworld which is mysteriously devoid of any intelligent life or civilization. Perhaps a chance discovery of an Ancient/Alteran legend about the Alterans possibly being transplanted to there homeworld from a galaxy far far away. So, Destiny accidently(maybe on purpose?) becomes the Ancients most important experiment they ever created.

Thoughts? Opinions?
        First off, we know that the Ancient homeworld is the Ori homeworld. The Ancients left that planet and galaxy to avoid persecution for their beliefs.

Time travel in a science fiction series finale is so cliche, the mere though of it makes me want to projectile vomit.

I think, as time goes by, they will gain more control of the ship, turn around and start exploring the galaxies the ship has already been through, trying to get home.

I don't see a way of them finding a way home short of some magical technology that magically transports them back. I'd rather they decide to end the series with them no where close to home, slowly working their way back to the MW.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
          I don't see a way of them finding a way home short of some magical technology that magically transports them back. I'd rather they decide to end the series with them no where close to home, slowly working their way back to the MW.
          There are a bunch of things they can come up with in order to get them back home. As they gain more and more control over the ship they will learn more. It is possible that the Destiny is capable of getting home but right now they don't know of it. The ship or the gate are options. The writers just need to write how it is done.

Comment

I think the show will end with Destiny stopping at Earth for a 12 hour interval, and the crew use the shuttle to get to Earth or some other planet in the Milky Way.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I think the show will end with Destiny stopping at Earth for a 12 hour interval, and the crew use the shuttle to get to Earth or some other planet in the Milky Way.
              I don't want them to come home.

Happy endings are overrated.

Here's the proof:
              sigpic

Comment

MY eyes!!!! Well Destiny could be destroyed....

Comment

Everyone dies except for Rush is much better.

Or they could leave the Destiny because it's breaking down and Rush stays behind and goes down with the ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    Everyone dies except for Rush is much better.

Or they could leave the Destiny because it's breaking down and Rush stays behind and goes down with the ship.
                    Everyone could be stranded on a planet, and Rush survives, smiling...

Comment

u guys really want them not to return home? how would u feel if u found out u could never go home? and whats wrong with a happy ending?

Comment

1. They find a way to gate back to Earth, Destiny is destroyed or continues its course

2. Earth finds a way permanently gate back and forth, so the crew of destiny goes home, and a proper crew boards the ship as an Atlantis-like outpost.

3. Everyone dies
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                          1. They find a way to gate back to Earth, Destiny is destroyed or continues its course

2. Earth finds a way permanently gate back and forth, so the crew of destiny goes home, and a proper crew boards the ship as an Atlantis-like outpost.

3. Everyone dies
                          Wow didnt consider that, that sounds like a reasonable idea. Im not sure about going back and forth, but a proper crew taking place is a neat idea. But the original crew may end up coming the proper crew.

Comment

Rush should go insane, rip out his eyes and use the powers of the hell dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                              Rush should go insane, rip out his eyes and use the powers of the hell dimension.
                              You can't leave Eli. Destiny won't let you. DO YOU SEE?!
                              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

The Destiny will fly into a black hole but before being destroyed time will come to a complete standstill and absolutely nothing will happen. The last episode will be 1 full hour of one stillframe where not jackd*ck will happen the entire time.

Comment

Working...
                                X