Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just watching this episode and it's awesome. I love seeing Carter and oneill again. It's good to have them back and we got a hint of what they are up to these daYs. I'm wondering what Mitchell and vala are doing at those times being their own sg1 team? otherwise I hope Telford does not become a regular in season two i can't stand his character although the actor is damn good. I don't know why they all critisizes young me included. I'm beginning to like him not ad much as oneill shepperd or Mitchell but he's doing okay for a sg leader. Do we see Scott becoming a major in the show?
    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thought it was a good episode.

The early part was the most exciting. With Carter and the Hammond on the planet, and Jack back on Earth. It was good seeing Sam again.

I'll say this, I would've vented the atmosphere (I guess a lot of people would).

I'm thinking that this 2-parter and Subversion are meant to be watch together. No end credits, no previous (except for Subversion). But, I guess I'm just saying, these episodes end on a weird note.

Tomorrow, the conclusion.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
          I'm thinking that this 2-parter and Subversion are meant to be watch together. No end credits, no previous (except for Subversion). But, I guess I'm just saying, these episodes end on a weird note.
          This sounded odd. I checked my copy; previously on and end credits were still there.

I don't know what type of copy you have but both of those things do appear in all three episodes.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
            This sounded odd. I checked my copy; previously on and end credits were still there.

I don't know what type of copy you have but both of those things do appear in all three episodes.
            He is not talking in the literal sense. Just how the Subversion and Incrusion flow so perfectly
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yup.. Personally, i would have loved it if htey had a version on the DVD set that did just that, removed the ending/intro credits and ran Subversion/Incursion pt1/Incursion pt2 together...

Comment

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. You can second guess all you want but I'd have probably done similar to YOung.

2. It was Gate travel that caused the switchback...something else was in my memory...

3. Again, Jack was a bit harsh.

Solid ep though.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

One thing i always wondered.. Why they could have not blocked the gate itself.. They had plenty of boxes/and such to plug it up with an as we know stuff in the center prevents the gate locking/opening (hence the cover stones)...

Comment

Pretty good ep.

Should that technique have worked on Telford seeing as how he was in Rush's body? Wouldn't the brainwashing mess with the brains chemicals and stuff. Which would need Telfords body to be in the room not Rush's. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Yay Sam, the Hammond and 302's. Good to see. Especially Sam.

The Lucian Alliance soldier getting fried by the steam that comes out of the gate. That made me laugh. As did the one that got vaporised by the malfunctioning shield.

The firefight between the soldiers was short but sweet.

Eli showing how manly and caring he is carrying Chloe around.
                    sigpic

Comment

Even though SGU is a different show from it's Stargate brethren, it wound eventually come down to this. An explosive season finale but this is different in that it's their interpretation of a season finale.

Compared to a regular season finale, those ones have tons of special effects, end of the world plots, characters rising up like never before and situations that would never present themselves otherwise; this doesn't have much of that, instead it has a tactical situation which is basically more aggressive than before. They do include some of that in the episode, exploding buildings, guest stars, special moments but this is mainly a more somber down-to-earth affair; it's not as exciting as previous season finales but then again, this is a different show so...

I have disliked the LA's inclusion in the show but it's something that we have to face as they establish themselves into the show by literally boarding Destiny, I'll admit, they do make a decent adversary but my main problem with them is not with their roles but how they veered so far from their trader roots; not only that but they're seemingly genericized and have lost all personality save for one and two. Throughout the episode I kept thinking that they'd find some way to kill all of them so imagine my surprise when they kept them onboard, if SGU is known for one thing, it's attempting to break ground in what Stargate does. Never have I seen new crew members introduced that aren't the original main characters.

Much of it felt boring, there was some exciting scenes regarding the gunshots but I'd be darned if I could remember much of what else was going on. It was tense as they were holding the hostages, pinning us on ears and knees trying to make us figure out what's next but they never really do anything with the situation at hand, it just serves as a platform for one dramatic performance after another (with some characters even regressing) and barely anything character wise is shown.

The best moment for the two parts has to be Eli and Chloe. It had everything, charm, drama, character, suspense. We could definately see the kind of friend Eli is, the kind of compassion that he has and we could definately see Chloe as a vulnerable human being, even if she didn't act the part sometimes. The drabness of the hallways provided the perfect isolated setting for them to walk around in and the constant threat of death really provided an emotional string that viewers could really connect to. It was one of those things that were truly magical, it beat out everything; including the supposed conquest; in fact it was SGU's rare triumphant moment.

But this part was one that didn't do anything to hook me in and instead acted as the episode which just stood around until the end which said "we have to take back the ship" which was obviously written as a episode ender unlike the Lost ones which truly seem to flow in one continuous narrative on their original airings. On a lighter note, seeing the SG1 cast was good (RDA for Gemini Award!) but I can't help thinking that Sam was unlike herself, she was more gravely, dirty and seemingly downbeat. I think this is the SGU Sam, one who is determined about her job but doesn't seem to show the warmth or energy that SG1 Sam (the scientist who knew how to fight) or even SGA Sam (who was mostly a copy of Weir) had; why do they change their characters to fit the mood of a show?
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

Interesting point about the SG-1 characters falling into 'SGA' or 'SGU' style behaviour Zombies. I too felt that Sam was not the Sam we knew in SGA, behaving almost as if she didn't belong there and underused. If anything, the brief moments of her in SGU was more like the Sam I expected her to be when faced with a terrible decision. It showed more about her in that short time than a whole season in SGA! She's a full bird Colonel now, making the hard decisions, making a great show of how much she had moved on from that Lt Colonel who on her first mission in charge kept second guessing herself when going to look for Ancient technology, getting stuck in that chamber and Ba'al pretending he'd captured SG-1, even though he couldn't find them.

We certainly get the serious Jack here too. His challenging Young's decision making capability was interesting, and in a way was Jack's shrewd way of getting those under his command to pull themselves together and believe in themselves.

To vent the gateroom, or not vent the gateroom, that is the question?!

I think that Young had reached the point that he couldn't deal with killing Rush again! He was already run ragged emotionally by his regrettable decision to leave Rush to die on that planet in a fit of rage, I think it made a big impact on his decision not to vent the gateroom. He could also have decided in that split second that he had a man on the inside when Telford would return to his own body, also that Rush was the only one who knew the ship and their only hope of surviving in the long run. There was no way he could have known that he couldn't have contained them in the gateroom because they'd brought 'keys' to Destiny's doors and tear gas! His decision wasn't wrong, just proved wrong by circumstances he had no control over.

The danger from the pulsar was a nice spanner thrown in the works. No one was going to win in the face of this and leveled the playing field nicely. That LA member disintegrating was a pretty harrowing effect!

Getting to see new parts of Destiny was good as we watched Eli and Chloe wander along in the hope of being rescued at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                          Pretty good ep.

Should that technique have worked on Telford seeing as how he was in Rush's body? Wouldn't the brainwashing mess with the brains chemicals and stuff. Which would need Telfords body to be in the room not Rush's. Maybe I'm over thinking it.
                          Being that Rush/Telford were connected via the stones, what happened to rush's body also happens to Telfords. Ergo it would not matter if his bio-chemistry was not there.

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                          Eli showing how manly and caring he is carrying Chloe around.
                          It made me wonder why Eli didn't think to try a fireman carry.

There was no way he could have known that he couldn't have contained them in the gateroom because they'd brought 'keys' to Destiny's doors and tear gas! His decision wasn't wrong, just proved wrong by circumstances he had no control over.
                          I still think it was a big fubar that the PTB never explored that facet more.
                          What were those keys? Where did the LA get them from? what else was there?

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20. I remember having a huge arguement about how Young should have vented the atomsphere when the Lucian Alliance invaded Destiny. Given what we know now yes that is true. But their was a lack of information. We had no idea the Lucian Alliance had a device that could unlock doors.

Its really hard to rate this episode. The Incurions episodes flow so smoothly that it is really hard to differenate between Incursion I and II. I remember rolling eyes at Wray about her society has civillians control the military. I never really agreed with her stance that Destiny was its own society separate from Earth. I never really believed Telford was still a traitor at this point. It was obvious that was from our side. Kiva continues to be interesting. She is not cliche and predictible. I never knew if Kiva was going to be helpful or ruthless
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

There was something wrong with this ep, I somehow couldn't follow the story. It wasn't boring, it was just confusing, and unrealistic I guess...

Comment

Only one week later, I'm back with my look at both parts of the Incursion finale! I really enjoyed this one and had fun digging into Young's big decision.

Reconsidering Stargate Universe: Incursion

Going to take a break for a while to work on a big project. It is connected to these posts, so you'll definitely hear from me again a little down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X