This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    i just watched it again as well, i liked the scene when LA first pop outta the gate. best scene probably was the argument between Rush and Young. btw am i the only one who finds Kiva being the subtlest villain to appear in stargate? shes not eccentric at all. was she done that way to contrast Rush?
    Yeah, you can tell that Rush really knows what time it is with regard the Lucian Alliance. He may understand the situation better than anyone else on board. Apart from the undercover mission, Rush's character has been really consistent, the writers have been doing a good job with that character. Rush, Eli, and Riley seem to have the best writing of the characters that have had major development.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      except that we've already seen that trying to erase Telford's brainwashing resulted in a storm of posts about how wrong that was. Add to that that there was no way for Young to know it wasn't Rush he was also killing if he vented the room, so there'd be a big stink there too. So. No, no need to stop. It's a valid point.
      No, we're not. People were against torture, and against Young being secretive and not explaining that he was trying to undo brainwashing; Young employed the only method known to work to save a man, and the rest of the crew. Venting the atmosphere early would again be Young employing the best method to save the crew.

You're trying to conflate opinions that are completely separate in order to justify your position; that's disingenuous. You know better.

Comment

Speaking of Telford do you think that if he was his normal self back when he was stationed on Icarus He wouldve still kicked rush off the expedition team?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
          No, we're not. People were against torture, and against Young being secretive and not explaining that he was trying to undo brainwashing; Young employed the only method known to work to save a man, and the rest of the crew. Venting the atmosphere early would again be Young employing the best method to save the crew.

You're trying to conflate opinions that are completely separate in order to justify your position; that's disingenuous. You know better.
          Conflated opinions? Maybe it just happens to BE my opinion? I don't get where you think my opinion was disingenuous, but w'evs, you're not making any sense to me.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          Speaking of Telford do you think that if he was his normal self back when he was stationed on Icarus He wouldve still kicked rush off the expedition team?
          I'm not sure because I don;t know at what point Telford was turned. I wonder if we'll ever find out?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Conflated opinions? Maybe it just happens to BE my opinion? I don't get where you think my opinion was disingenuous, but w'evs, you're not making any sense to me.
            No, you're arguing the point that Young would be "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't because everyone would hate him either way." That is patently false, because only a few people at best would damn him if he did. Most would agree that venting would have been the right thing to do.

In order to prove your point, you were trying to link it to people's hatred of Young killing Telford. That is false, because people didn't hate him for that, at all. They had something against torture, but when it was revealed that he was doing it as a treatment to cure the brainwashing, most people agreed it was the right thing to do. At worst, they felt Young should have told Scott and Wray what he was attempting.

Stating the bottom line: If Young had vented the atmosphere, most would have felt he made the right call, tough as it was. They know that only Telford's life as at risk, with a decent chance he'd live.

Comment

I'm not sure because I don;t know at what point Telford was turned. I wonder if we'll ever find out?
              iff i had to guess it was probably when he was still undercover. he was undercover for a year.

Comment

iff i had to guess it was probably when he was still undercover. he was undercover for a year.
                I'd think so too, but it does make it interesting why he'd want to get rid of him, or maybe it's purely because the LA didn't think Rush could come through? (At least until they did. No idea if they'd have known about Eli at the time.)
                sigpic

Comment

Does any like the un brainwashed version of telford? cause im glad to see the real Colonel David Telford.

Comment

Does any like the un brainwashed version of telford? cause im glad to see the real Colonel David Telford.
                    I like seeing the unbrainwashed version too, and he and Young apparently have history (apart from the stuff when he was brainwashed and acting like an ass, ) , so that's good to know. I'm interested in seeing if anything else develops in tomorrow night's (YAY!) episode
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if young was leader of that tau'ri outpost the LA attacked before he was assigned to Icarus. Yeah Telford and young have history Betcha anything they were very good Friends.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if young was leader of that tau'ri outpost the LA attacked before he was assigned to Icarus. Yeah Telford and young have history Betcha anything they were very good Friends.
                        to be honest, that was my first thought upon hearing that in the episode, but it didn't get elaborated on so I didn't know for sure. I kind of got the impression that both he and Greer were at that base when it was attacked, but the language seemed blurry and I couldn't be certain if they were talking about Icarus or the previous one
                        sigpic

Comment

to be honest, that was my first thought upon hearing that in the episode, but it didn't get elaborated on so I didn't know for sure. I kind of got the impression that both he and Greer were at that base when it was attacked, but the language seemed blurry and I couldn't be certain if they were talking about Icarus or the previous one
                          thts someting to ask Joe Mallozzi on his weblog.

Comment

thts someting to ask Joe Mallozzi on his weblog.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I've not read every post but I was wondering about something. A lot of people were complaining in earlier posts that Young should have just carried out his plan and vent the atmosphere in the gate room as soon as the LA guys were coming through, but as long as the gate is open oxygen is coming throygh from the LA icarus planet right, so would that be enough to counterract the venting, if not totally then at least long enough for the LA to use the door openers and escape?

Edit: I've been through some of the other posts and they've said that atmosphere doesn't pass through a gate otherwise Atlantis would lose some atmosphere when they connected to a space gate etc, but it seems atmosphere can pass through a milky way gate when the writers deem it necessary. In the SG-1 episode A Hundred Days, O'Neill is stuck on a planet whose gate is buried by a meteor strike and when Teal'c comes through to dig his way to the surface, it seems he is able to breathe fine as long as the gate is active but will only have 4 hours of air to finish reaching the surface onces the gate shuts down, or have I got it completely wrong and the air was created by the vortex vapourising the surronding soil/stone etc and he only had a limited amount anyway?
                              Last edited by Wib; 11 June 2010, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                                Edit: I've been through some of the other posts and they've said that atmosphere doesn't pass through a gate otherwise Atlantis would lose some atmosphere when they connected to a space gate etc, but it seems atmosphere can pass through a milky way gate when the writers deem it necessary. In the SG-1 episode A Hundred Days, O'Neill is stuck on a planet whose gate is buried by a meteor strike and when Teal'c comes through to dig his way to the surface, it seems he is able to breathe fine as long as the gate is active but will only have 4 hours of air to finish reaching the surface onces the gate shuts down, or have I got it completely wrong and the air was created by the vortex vapourising the surronding soil/stone etc and he only had a limited amount anyway?
                                I may be misremembering but I thought Teal'c had oxygen mask and his time was limited by its oxygen supply. There was no atmosphere in the post-vortex hole.
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X