Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There would be air in there, simply because air can slowly seep through the minute cracks in the ground. Enough to form an atmosphere, but as was noted, he would have needed an oxygen mask, which he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      I may be misremembering but I thought Teal'c had oxygen mask and his time was limited by its oxygen supply. There was no atmosphere in the post-vortex hole.
      I remember the same thing...
      sigpic

Comment

This show keeps getting better and better. his was a damn fine episode can't wait for tonight's.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I remember the same thing...
          Me too. Once the gate shut down, there would be little oxygen left, which meant he had to breathe with the mask he brought along. Plus, the torch he was using while attempting to cut through the "shield" would likely have used up the rest of the oxygen in the space carved out by the wormhole.

Comment

Sean writes: “1. If another Icarus tpye planet was able to be found by the alliance then why did stargate command not have a ship out all this time looking for one in order to send troops and supplies.

2. Jack asked the Col. if he needed to be replaced as commander. How would that be possible. Would some poor soul have to give up their life and be connected to the stones all that time?”

Answers: 1. Oh, they’re out looking for one. How’s the search going? We’ll find out in season two.

2. Or, more likely, someone aboard Destiny would replace him.

jinx writes: “After your response to my question about “deadly force” I went back to see if Young indeed use deadly force. Threatening deadly force doesn’t count. The correct response was to pick them off as they came through.”

Answer: Venting the atmosphere to a section and wiping out the enemy is deadly force. Whether that deadly force is used or not is another matter. And why waste the limited amount of ammo you have shooting the enemy when you can wipe them out with the simple push of a button?
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-airs-tonight/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

JM isn't a bad writer, but he's been so defensive about this episode, as if it were perfect and we mere mortals don't know what we're talking about when we attempt to point out things. If it was his intention to write Young as a class A idiot, then all is fine. But if he was trying to show Young had a shred of competence, well.... it didn't go so well. Thing is, he won't take any constructive criticism, and he'll never admit even the possibility that it wasn't quite right.

Which is a shame; he's a decent with everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                JM isn't a bad writer, but he's been so defensive about this episode, as if it were perfect and we mere mortals don't know what we're talking about when we attempt to point out things. If it was his intention to write Young as a class A idiot, then all is fine. But if he was trying to show Young had a shred of competence, well.... it didn't go so well. Thing is, he won't take any constructive criticism, and he'll never admit even the possibility that it wasn't quite right.

I thought the writing of this ep was top notch IMO.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

Most writers are defensive about their work.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    I'd think so too, but it does make it interesting why he'd want to get rid of him, or maybe it's purely because the LA didn't think Rush could come through? (At least until they did. No idea if they'd have known about Eli at the time.)
                    That is an interesting point. Was he compromised and therefore under orders to not lt rush go? Did by chance, the LA fear rush would be the way he is now (not waning to go home, therefore he would have stymied their attempts to go back should they have gotten there?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      Most writers are defensive about their work.
                      Sadly, that's true. But as a writer myself, I know the importance of critical feedback; it only exists to make me better. I know I'm not perfect, so logically, there must be errors in things I can write. And sometimes someone else can see something that I missed. The moment I get defensive, is the moment I lose and stop growing.

Comment

Had just watched the episode again on Thursday nite with my dad so he could see the episode and also to give me a "hype" injection for "Incursion Pt 2". And what I thought about was why they just didn't vent the atmosphere before the gate had finished dialing. If that were the case, and they had, then everyone that campe through the gate in theory would have been a splattered haze on the walls of the gateroom when they rematerialized after coming through the wormhole. Problem solved. Unless Young was assuming that Rush would come through with them.

Or I was thinking that perhaps like when Eli stuck his hand through the event horizon to prevent the ship from jumping, maybe the ship also has safety protocols in place that would prevent the wormhole from establishing when dialing in when there is no air in the room. It appears to lock out planets that are not suitable. So maybe it does the same thing with incoming wormholes if there is no air in the room.
                        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Yet another amazing episode for SGU. I've decided that it's now my favourite SG season so far, I haven't seen part two yet but I'm sure it's gonna be stellar.
                          Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

Great Episode. Much more like it should be. By far away my favourite quote and the way it was delivered by Rush to Young about Telford: "So we are to gamble this ship..and all of our lives.. in the hope that some trator has a change of heart". We all laughed out loud when he said that and it wasn't even meant to be funny. Much more like it!

Comment

Robert L martin writes: “i would have had a couple naquada reactors and some basic supplies on a cart ready to go (food/water/air basic medical supplies and some explosives)”

Answer: They would have too when the time came, but the attack on their base forced them to scramble and head through the gate well ahead of schedule with no time to prepare.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ag-day-872ish/
                              sigpic

Comment

Philbert writes: [...] 2 – In Incursion 1 when the gate shut off someone was standing in one of the gate vents. He screamed, so can it be assumed he was burnt by the blast when the gate shut off? [...]

5 – Both Destiny boarding parties (from the Milky Way) seem to be thrown out of the Destiny gate quite literally, and it seems that radio communication isn’t two-way. In Air 1, Scott was telling them to slow down and they continued piling through and in Incursion 1 Kiva asked for confirmation of safe arrival at Destiny and nothing happened. Is there a reason for this? Will we find out? [...]

Answers: [...] 2. Yes. He was steamed like a giant siu long bao dumpling. [...]

4-6: Stay tuned.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X