This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatefanjo-m View Post
    Very much enjoyed this episode too, particularly the Rush section because, as much as I have always enjoyed RC's very multi-faceted portrayal, I've never understood the character. Now I have some inkling as to what drives him, I'll enjoy future scenes even more.

I just have one shallow, barely worth mentioning, quibble: clothes. They seemed to all arrive on Destiny with just the clothes on their backs, and this is mainly what we see them wear in every episode. But every once in a while, new clothes suddenly appear, i.e. the work out clothes from 'Life', and now Chloe and Eli's uniforms. Now I don't know about you, but if I had other clothes available, other than the ones I arrived in, I'd wanna wear the others a bit more, for hygiene/chance to wash my other clothes/ just to wear something different. Now I'm aware of the quibble on my quibble, that we don't see the characters every day, so how do we know they don't change clothes sometimes, but it's just been bugging me since 'Life' and I had to get it out. :-)
    That is a good point. And truthfully I expected them to fudge the clothing thing up more than I've seen. And I don't even really think that it has been fudged depending on how you look at it. Afterall they did bring a bunch of crates and stuff through the gate when they were evacuating Icarus Base. So it is feasable that there were Military issued digs in some of that stuff. Now the fact that the digs just happen to "perfectly" fit who ever is wearing them may cause questions as to how many sets of these digs made it to Destiny in those crates. If in fact there were any in the crates.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

1. Thought Rush's stuff was a straight flashback initially - all I'd heard was that Daniel would appear and it would involve Rush being recruited into the Stargate program.

2. Also surprised that Rush seems...envious of Eli?

3. Ruins plot did seem a bit fillerish...did honestly think they'd have a way out before the end of the ep.

4. Only weak point is that long term - they have to get those four back sharpish.

5. Will be interesting to see where they go with Rush's character after this. Maybe he'll get his head out of his rear!

A step up from Faith.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        1. Thought Rush's stuff was a straight flashback initially - all I'd heard was that Daniel would appear and it would involve Rush being recruited into the Stargate program.

2. Also surprised that Rush seems...envious of Eli?

3. Ruins plot did seem a bit fillerish...did honestly think they'd have a way out before the end of the ep.

4. Only weak point is that long term - they have to get those four back sharpish.

5. Will be interesting to see where they go with Rush's character after this. Maybe he'll get his head out of his rear!

A step up from Faith.
        LOL...don't count on it.
        sigpic

Comment

I've referred to this episode as cinematic poetry, not one beat missed or dull which did give us a small glimpse into Rush's psyche. In the first episode we saw him depressed and suicidal, almost, which can be explained with his guilt over not being there during his wife's last moments of life. We still have much to learn about Rush like what made him sit in the ancient chair even after he saw what it did to his shipmate. He's got this habit of holding something back for his own benefit so he definitely discovered something in his research that made him believe it would be safe for him to use the chair. Perhaps he discovered that he had the Ancient gene that would allow him to survive using the device? Hmm..

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins2.0 View Post
            I've referred to this episode as cinematic poetry, not one beat missed or dull which did give us a small glimpse into Rush's psyche. In the first episode we saw him depressed and suicidal, almost, which can be explained with his guilt over not being there during his wife's last moments of life. We still have much to learn about Rush like what made him sit in the ancient chair even after he saw what it did to his shipmate. He's got this habit of holding something back for his own benefit so he definitely discovered something in his research that made him believe it would be safe for him to use the chair. Perhaps he discovered that he had the Ancient gene that would allow him to survive using the device? Hmm..

What do you guys think?
            Destiny predates the Ancient gene technology.

Comment

Quite liked this episode. We got to find out a bit more about Rush. Was surprised at his revelation that he is jealous of Eli. Some interesting character moments. Plus it was great to see Daniel again.
              Am liking the second half the season so far more than the first. Still think the pacing of SGU is a little slow at times but the second half of the season seems quite promising. Looking forward to finding out what happens to the team stranded on the planet.
              Jack and Daniel
              Rising Part 1

In the Control Room, Daniel, standing beside O'Neill, turns to him.

: Jack, it's not too late for me to ...

(interrupting): No.

: I-I-I could just grab my ...

: (under his breath): ... kit.

Comment

this episode has vindicated my decision not to throw my boot through the TV. Mighty 6 will be happy to here, not only am I off the fence, I am well and truly camped with the 'likes' . sure, there were a few TERIIBLE episodes at first. But human, and the two before, simply showed me I was correct to keep watching. It's almost like tptb decided to make the show good!

Finding out a little more about Rush, and the fact he does have human emotion, cheered me immensely.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  this episode has vindicated my decision not to throw my boot through the TV. Mighty 6 will be happy to here, not only am I off the fence, I am well and truly camped with the 'likes' . sure, there were a few TERIIBLE episodes at first. But human, and the two before, simply showed me I was correct to keep watching. It's almost like tptb decided to make the show good!

Finding out a little more about Rush, and the fact he does have human emotion, cheered me immensely.

Comment

A very eloquent, well thought out and present reply there my dear
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post

I would have to concur. However...I don't know if I'm as deeply entrenched in the "likes" camp. I would say I'm in the "its ok" camp...which...I think is better than the "dislikes" camp I was in.
                      sigpic

Comment

I dunno. I think the fence was worst. At least there was no splinters either side of it....*rubs arse*
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                          Quite liked this episode. We got to find out a bit more about Rush. Was surprised at his revelation that he is jealous of Eli.
                          I wouldn't call it jealous. I would rather say he is bitter. There he is, obviously a professor at university and reknown scientist (otherwise he would not have gotten involved in a SG project), who as he states himself, devotes all his time to solving "this little problem" while his wife is dying. So I guess, he was torn between his duty (or mission) to participate in something greater (or as Gloria put it "to change things" - something she must have said to him in reality, since not all his reactions in the lucid dream are recreated) and his love. And than there comes this big waste of time Eli, the cliché of a computer nerd, overweight, university drop-out, popcorn, cola and pizza indulging game all-nighter, who solves "this little problem" in a whiz. If Eli at least would do something with the genius he has, but no, he "dropped out". Geez, I would be bitter. Not jealous. Jealous would mean that he had something I wanted really badly. But he does not envy him for what Eli is or can do. In fact, I guess he would love to work with him, if he had the feeling he was working with an equal. But Eli will never be what he is. And I guess, Rush actually is proud of what he has achieved, if it weren't for that little nagging "little problem".

Comment

Originally posted by Lemontree View Post
                            I wouldn't call it jealous. I would rather say he is bitter. There he is, obviously a professor at university and reknown scientist (otherwise he would not have gotten involved in a SG project), who as he states himself, devotes all his time to solving "this little problem" while his wife is dying. So I guess, he was torn between his duty (or mission) to participate in something greater (or as Gloria put it "to change things" - something she must have said to him in reality, since not all his reactions in the lucid dream are recreated) and his love. And than there comes this big waste of time Eli, the cliché of a computer nerd, overweight, university drop-out, popcorn, cola and pizza indulging game all-nighter, who solves "this little problem" in a whiz. If Eli at least would do something with the genius he has, but no, he "dropped out". Geez, I would be bitter. Not jealous. Jealous would mean that he had something I wanted really badly. But he does not envy him for what Eli is or can do. In fact, I guess he would love to work with him, if he had the feeling he was working with an equal. But Eli will never be what he is. And I guess, Rush actually is proud of what he has achieved, if it weren't for that little nagging "little problem".
                            True. I suppose bitter is a better way of describing Rush's feelings about Eli's natural genius. How in the first episode we find Eli has solved with no effort at all what Rush and his team have worked on for months with no success.
                            Jack and Daniel
                            Rising Part 1

In the Control Room, Daniel, standing beside O'Neill, turns to him.

: Jack, it's not too late for me to ...

: I-I-I could just grab my ...

: (under his breath): ... kit.

Comment

Sean D. also writes: “Will the significance of the number 46, as discovered in episode “Human”, be revisited in season 2 of SGU?”

Answer: Perhaps in time.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-airs-tonight/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Perhaps?

How about giving a solid answer.

Yes, or No.

Comment

Working...
                                X