Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation about the planet. Who made it, will they return.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
    Im also nameing this galaxy: "the Twilight Zone", a place where God, facehuggers, catholic dust devils and smurfs call home.
    Every variable in life is possible even if you look at our small planet there is an insane diversity.

Interesting about what you are saying about god. And please im not bashing or questioning your faith. No one said that god is the only one who can create planets. That our concept and been spoon fed since birth to most of us. But what if 'God'was such an advance type of Alien which could do these things. Wouldn't we perceive them as gods.
    Also if we would travel back in time with the knowledge we have would the ppl their not perceive us a gods?

We can't tell who build it and how long it's been there. They can only guess. FRom the activity of the sun they guessed it was 200 billion years old. But that doesn't mean it could have somehow been placed just yesterday.

What interesting is that all we know from our own solar system and forming of planets is theoretical. A few days ago this show on National Geographic mentioned that maybe all books need to be rewritten. Because they can't explain why some planets exist like they do right now and why they are there with the current explanation.

It the same series which theories on why we haven't met an alien yet and which faster than light propulsion would work
    Last edited by eonflux; 17 April 2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Seriously guys, it's a replicator outpost that never got populated...just a dumb spire that sends out a beam of light

Ok seriously, I'm putting my money on the Lucian Alliance or the Genii!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Quite possible, for all we know. We know there were four great race. The Lanteans, Nox, Asgurd, and the Furlings. The Lanteans got a plague, so they ascended or died out. The Nox went into hiding, and the Asgurd killed themselves. We know nothing about the Furlings, only that they may possibly be still alive. If they are still alive, it'll be safe to assume that their technology would be very far advanced. As advanced if not more than Asgurd tech. We also know they breathe oxygen and live in environments similar to us, as per that one SG1 episode we're Mayborn found that moon. If so, yes they could have made a Genesis device, I mean come on Kirks son did in Wrath of Khan.
        sigpic

Comment

Gonna say ancients.

They might not interfere in matters of the Milky Way, but they are most likely watching what goes on. At the least, they love knowledge. And the Destiny is even farther away, having uncovered more of the universe then they thought possible. When the gate was activated, I'm guessing at least one ancient went along with them, and that one would have been so far out of reach of the rest of the ancients, that they could do what they want... such as creating a star system with an earth-like planet in the path of Destiny so it would drop out of FTL, to allow the Earthlings to restock their food stores. It's not interfering, per se, because they don't directly influence events. They just create something in the middle of nowhere, and what the Earthlings do is their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
            Quite possible, for all we know. We know there were four great race. The Lanteans, Nox, Asgurd, and the Furlings. The Lanteans got a plague, so they ascended or died out. The Nox went into hiding, and the Asgurd killed themselves. We know nothing about the Furlings, only that they may possibly be still alive. If they are still alive, it'll be safe to assume that their technology would be very far advanced. As advanced if not more than Asgurd tech. We also know they breathe oxygen and live in environments similar to us, as per that one SG1 episode we're Mayborn found that moon. If so, yes they could have made a Genesis device, I mean come on Kirks son did in Wrath of Khan.
            I think that for the Furlings, I'm gonna have to say that, although they were one of the four great races, the lack of technology, artefacts, ruins, culture or any other evidence that they existed suggests that they were as wide spread thoughout our galaxy (or the universe for that fact) as the Nox are.

This suggests that the Furlings never made it to other worlds and kinda precludes them from participating in ventures such as this.

Although it does not rule them out, I feel that the lack of evidence as I stated above suggests that they are not the most likely candidates.

I'm still betting on the Lucian Alliance or the Genii

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

How about the Ascended?

The Ascended aren't probably all Ancients/Alterrans/Lanteans, some of them may be other alien races. Maybe not all the ascended abide by the same rules.

My first thought when they mentionned the planet and the star were the Ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                You gonna bust some heads along with me, brotha'? BTW, think of Desmond when you read my "brotha'"...
                Maybe the monolith IS the aliens? OMG IZ FULLA STARZZZZZ

Comment

I think they were a vegetarian race. Creating the planet for the purpose of food supplies colony. A strange planet with plants that no require animal help in their growing process.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    Neither the Asgards nor the Furlings could have gone that far into the universe and on that specific path that the Destiny is currently following.

It God who made that planet for them, or thats what the producers want us to imagine.

Soooo God is an alien now....
                    "Gods" have been, from the early episodes of SG-1 or even from the stargate movie itself.

Comment

All joking asside, part of me is wondering if it was not put there BY the ancients as an olive branch...

Comment

about the furling thing ..... may be some furlings got away and stated experimenting with creating planets and star systems

Comment

Originally posted by Albeno View Post
                          IMO the introduction of this Alien race reminds me of SG1. When SG1 began, the team often came across evidence of the Asgard's existence

Then eventually, we meet the Asgard..........

So I figure these guys are gonna play the part of the mysterious, benevolent alien race that helps destiny and its crew throughout the series and then eventually we'll come into contact with them.
                          That would make for a little 'reuse plot though..

2) Ancients didnt do anything while the Ori, Wraith or Goa'Uld killed millions of humans ....are we expected to belive that they drop a perfectly habitable solar system for less than 80 people?
                          Nothing overt. Remember, they did help out with info here and there, and who's to say that now the Ori are gone, they have not relaxed that rule a little.

Why it was in Destiny's path - the ascended ancients made it. Kind of like an inside joke, they never made it this far out while they were corporal but always wanted to.
                          That is a good point. maybe one of them DID make this, as a way to help his brethren out who WOULD have gone to the destiny, but never realised that the others did not make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            All joking asside, part of me is wondering if it was not put there BY the ancients as an olive branch...
                            Like a meeting point...that actually makes sense.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

For all we know the obelisk could be some form of Dakara weapon or something like that which helps speed up evolution. It could serve similar to the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. They said the star was young, and the planet is expected to be filled with molten lava. The aliens that created the planet could simply have implanted the obelisk to prepare for colonization, and the obelisk itself is like a form of seeder.

Comment

I liked that we know so little about this race. They seem more mysterious that way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X