Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation about the planet. Who made it, will they return.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
    Neither the Asgards nor the Furlings could have gone that far into the universe and on that specific path that the Destiny is currently following.

It God who made that planet for them, or thats what the producers want us to imagine.

It's impossible to know where those two races have travelled and indeed if there are other groups out there although its incredibly unlikely due to the size of the universe. Remember these guys were in an alliance, maybe the ancients shared the information about the Destiny with the others in their Alliance.

As for 'god creating the planet

Thats not specifically the case its more a matter of faith in a higher intelligence/race, do the crew have faifth that the race that constructed the planet would help them or do they trust that the ship will actually get us home and leave this perfect/wasted opportunity behind?

In all likelyhood that artificial solar system was just an anomaly that was constructed sometime after the seeder ships had passed through as Rush said.

Comment

Pssh, building a planet, thats kids stuff. Fly a gravity-well generator through a supernova remnant nebula and then pull a few comets into it, wait a couple million years, voila.

When Destiny gets pulled out of FTL by a Dyson sphere, then come find me.

Comment

I'm really interested to find out more about this race, the way they were talking about them they could be the most advanced race we've seen in stargate, moreso than the ancients. One thing that struck me, and it is just a wild theory, remember in 'Space' the aliens just left for no obvious reason, it could be they detected this race was about and know how advanced they are, so were scared off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
          Neither the Asgards nor the Furlings could have gone that far into the universe and on that specific path that the Destiny is currently following.
          The Asgard could go from Ida to the Milky Way in a matter of hours, we really have no reason to believe that Destiny is further than that.

If its in the local group then its likely the Asgard can get to it within the month comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
            The Asgard could go from Ida to the Milky Way in a matter of hours, we really have no reason to believe that Destiny is further than that.

If its in the local group then its likely the Asgard can get to it within the month comfortably.
            Actually they've said the destiny is billlions of lightyears away from earth, that is much much further than Ida and about them travelling between galaxies in mere hours, I think TPTB have tried to retcon that in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Actually they've said the destiny is billlions of lightyears away from earth, that is much much further than Ida and about them travelling between galaxies in mere hours, I think TPTB have tried to retcon that in recent years.
              True, I forgot the part about billions of light years away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                True, I forgot the part about billions of light years away.
                It has even been shown on the screen by the control terminal that Destiny has passed through several galaxies, including Pegasus, which is further away then Ida.

It would be great to see actual Furlings but we should all face the fact that it most likely won't ever happen.
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Whenever someone mentions the furlings, a puppy dies and a child loses a limb. Also, I want to cause bodily harm to that person.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    It has even been shown on the screen by the control terminal that Destiny has passed through several galaxies, including Pegasus, which is further away then Ida.
                    Yep and Pegasus was shown to be at the very start of destinys journey.

Comment

IMO the introduction of this Alien race reminds me of SG1. When SG1 began, the team often came across evidence of the Asgard's existence in the form of:

1) Technology, e.g. Thor's Hammer
                      2) Rumour, e.g. OMFG ASGARD RAAAPE GOA'ULD, THEY PROTECT US FROM THE EVIL ONES

Then eventually, we meet the Asgard..........

So I figure these guys are gonna play the part of the mysterious, benevolent alien race that helps destiny and its crew throughout the series and then eventually we'll come into contact with them.

Comment

Originally posted by rvi9981 View Post
                        Furlings what do you think.
                        No.

No.

No. No no no no no no no no no no no-

Is the message getting through?
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          Is the message getting through?
                          No.

Comment

Originally posted by Albeno View Post
                            IMO the introduction of this Alien race reminds me of SG1. When SG1 began, the team often came across evidence of the Asgard's existence in the form of:

1) Technology, e.g. Thor's Hammer
                            2) Rumour, e.g. OMFG ASGARD RAAAPE GOA'ULD, THEY PROTECT US FROM THE EVIL ONES

Then eventually, we meet the Asgard..........

So I figure these guys are gonna play the part of the mysterious, benevolent alien race that helps destiny and its crew throughout the series and then eventually we'll come into contact with them.
                            I doubt they will ever encounter them. This race is so advanced it could bring them back to Earth. We don't even know if they're around anymore, it's possible they ascended like the Ancients... maybe they created solar system as ascended beings (only the Ancients have the strict non-interference policy).
                            Also, I don't see what the big deal is in making a star... if there was a nebula there, any race with artificial gravity technology and a powerful power-source could do it. Place the artificial gravity generator at the center of the nebula and let it attract the gas... when it becomes dense enough it will collapse by itself into a star. I admit that making the Earth-like planet seem a lot more difficult

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              No.
                              Well, onto plan B:
                              Whenever someone mentions the furlings, a puppy dies and a child loses a limb. Also, I want to cause bodily harm to that person.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Well, onto plan B:
                                You gonna bust some heads along with me, brotha'? BTW, think of Desmond when you read my "brotha'"...

Comment

Working...
                                X