Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    <snip>
    I think in starting this thread, Alan's hit the nail on the head so far as the point of this episode. That is to say--do you have it in you, the faith to stay behind and believe that everything will be okay?
    Or, to put it another way....do you have faith that Destiny will get you home?

I equate staying on the planet as giving up on life and committing suicide, although in pleasant manner for the first few weeks. I would rather keep trying to get home, no matter the trials and tribulations, and stay on the ship. If I die on the ship, so be it. At least I went out swinging and didn't quit.

LOL at the "Donner Party" reference. Donner Party motto: Leave early and don't tarry along the way. Oh.....and bring salt.
    Last edited by hisg1fans; 21 April 2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

stay on the ship.

that 'flying into the sun' thing would never get old!
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        nx01a,
        You hope the people who stayed are "vivisected". Good lord why would you wish such a fate on anyone?
        The decision to stay was insanely stupid. A particularly nasty and lingering fate at the hands of the god-like aliens is a fitting punishment.
        Plus it would be wonderfully ironic if the aliens gods those who stayed were hoping for turned out to be alien devils.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Depends who I am gonna get stuck with... Fact is I doubt the people who stay will live. I mean if the system builder aliens don't get you I think the skinny blue aliens will. If they aren't the ones who made the planet as a trap in the first place.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

No question, I'd be returning to the Destiny.

Comment

I think the conclusion is only tree-hugger will stay on the planet. While the other will continue the journey with the Destiny. On Destiny, several more stargate would offer unlimited resources for the passengers. The technology on Destiny will help them to live much easier as long as they wanted to.

Not count exploration and wonders they will encountered. They will get really busy for the daily life...

Comment

i would have stayed. To be honest that ship is falling apart. and the crew is stir crazy

Comment

Would I have stayed? God no. Camping. Ugh.

Comment

Hell no, with no obvious signs of Wildlife or tools and so little man power they won't last long. There has to be better planets than that to settle on with a Stargate for traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by yet View Post
                      Hell no, with no obvious signs of Wildlife or tools and so little man power they won't last long. There has to be better planets than that to settle on with a Stargate for traveling.
                      If they had ventured far beyond the gate to see if there was any wildlife (animals or humans etc) and there was, then maybe. Given their current situation, I could see why some would want to stay there. It is literally the first planet that "looks" decent enough compared to all the other ones that they have found which all seemed to "lack" stuff.

It would depend on how much I actually knew about the situation on board Destiny. As a viewer, I haven't been given the "full" details surrounding the Destiny. I know that it is on auto pilot. And that as of right now there is now way to turn the tub around and get back home. Other than that, we don't really know all that much about the ship yet. So it would be hard to make that decision.

Most likely I would have gone back to the ship knowing that there is a better chance of getting home via Destiny then there is through that stargate on the planet
                      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

As tempting as it might have been, I would not have stayed. Too many unknowns for me, I am not the adventurous type. I would have been concerned with who those aliens were who created the planet.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          As tempting as it might have been, I would not have stayed. Too many unknowns for me, I am not the adventurous type. I would have been concerned with who those aliens were who created the planet.
                          Thier are quite a few unknowns on Destiny. Neither option is not without risk
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

It will be far more worse if the star and the planet is actually from the other side of parallel universe. If the alien's obelisk is a device to move a solar system between realities for every a few years, then the chances going back home is slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                              It will be far more worse if the star and the planet is actually from the other side of parallel universe. If the alien's obelisk is a device to move a solar system between realities for every a few years, then the chances going back home is slim.
                              Agreed. At least on Destiny, they are on the move and we have seen that it does stop at various planets. Where as on the planet, they only had about a month down there, and quite frankly that would in my opinion not be enough time to make a judgement call. I live in Canada and I feel that June, July and August are the warmest months. And December, January and February are the coldest months. Who is not to say that they stay there and six months later, conditions on the planet become VERY harsh (cold, tornadoes, hurricanes, hail storms, monsoons etc)? They only had one month to make a judement call.
                              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

SG7,

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                                If they had ventured far beyond the gate to see if there was any wildlife (animals or humans etc) and there was, then maybe. Given their current situation, I could see why some would want to stay there. It is literally the first planet that "looks" decent enough compared to all the other ones that they have found which all seemed to "lack" stuff.

It would depend on how much I actually knew about the situation on board Destiny. As a viewer, I haven't been given the "full" details surrounding the Destiny. I know that it is on auto pilot. And that as of right now there is now way to turn the tub around and get back home. Other than that, we don't really know all that much about the ship yet. So it would be hard to make that decision.

Most likely I would have gone back to the ship knowing that there is a better chance of getting home via Destiny then there is through that stargate on the planet
                                What stargate on the planet? I thought a big part of the story was that there was no stargate on this planet?
                                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X