No announcement yet.

Would you have stayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't have stayed. I'm a thrill seeking adventure guy, so I'll be jumping back on the Destiny to go explore other alien worlds and die as a redshirt.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Matt,

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Wouldn't have stayed. I'm a thrill seeking adventure guy, so I'll be jumping back on the Destiny to go explore other alien worlds and die as a redshirt.
      Staying would get you plenty of thrill seeking adventure. Just more of the "Call of the Wild" style adventure than "Stargate" style adventure.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        Staying would get you plenty of thrill seeking adventure. Just more of the "Call of the Wild" style adventure than "Stargate" style adventure.
        Nah, I'd like some variety - Faith planet had no vicious monsters or diseases or anything cool. Would've been boring after a while.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Hell no. If for no other reason, because I could have stone sex on the ship.

Comment

The Obelisk was put there for a reason; the likely being to signal the builders. The question remains for what reason? Anyone who went to the trouble to build a 2000 foot high signal, probably values the planet quite a bit. I would be worried that they may interpret visitors as trespassers and not like them.
            Last edited by Blackhole; 17 April 2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              I'm curious what everyone would have done if given this situation... and assuming you have a choice to stay.

I would probably have stayed. Although life might get tough on the planet... it's better then being stuck on a ship.

The question of the aliens coming back or not? I'd take my chances.
              As Jody Foster said in Contact they'd be so far advanced it'd be like them finding an ant hill in the middle of Africa. The other dude replies, what'd we care if we wiped out that ant hill ?

The creators built a planet. They're technology is beyond anything humans in this episode could understand. They probably wouldn't care if some humans were exploring their creation. They might even like it, perhaps thats why they built a planet capable of supporting human life. Heck they even had maple leaves if you look closely Obviously the best choice by making Canada the place to live clearly the creators were superior beings.

Comment

Never, at least on the destiny, there's some sort of confort. There's nothing on the planet, that'd be a living hell.

Comment

Nah i'd want to avoid the uber religious guy who'd probably start some uber religious obelisk worshipping cult or something, plus i'm doubtful the aliens who created the planet would be all that welcoming of tresspassers, especially if its the same ones from the previous battle and (worst case senario) those that stayed behind are just gonna drag the MW galaxy into another war, which somehow destiny would have to turn around to help stop X'D

Comment

Just for the record, 6 people stayed behind on that planet. 2 Females and 4 Males.
                    Sorry for the OT.

Comment

I would go back to Destiny - I'm not much of a camper, anyway.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I would've gone back to Destiny.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          I'm curious what everyone would have done if given this situation... and assuming you have a choice to stay.

I would probably have stayed. Although life might get tough on the planet... it's better then being stuck on a ship.

The question of the aliens coming back or not? I'd take my chances.
                          With ultra smart aliens on the way that will probably kill you... Hell no!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            I would go back to Destiny - I'm not much of a camper, anyway.
                            Lol, I'm with you I hate camping!
                            SGU fangirl

Comment

Definitely would've gone back to the Destiny. How can I save the universe if I've jumped ship?

Comment

I would have been seriously tempted to stay. Especially with the shuttle being left behind. Really, what do you want out of life? If the only goal for the people on Destiny is to go back home, what is the point in that? Why not just make your home somewhere you can be happy?

Exploration and discovery is nice, but the planet has that in spades -- especially with it being artifical with a large alien structure and the possibility that the aliens might show up in the future.

Here is the deciding point for me -- If I had a companion with which to share my time on the planet, I think I would stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X