This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    Do soap operas even use contemporary songs in them?

I think the correct analogy is to teen dramas, such as "Dawson's Creek".

Having said that, I think "Miami Vice" was one of the first shows that I can remember using contemporary, current music in the episodes. Contemporary music was also used (really well, I remember) in the fabulous "Homicide: Life on the Street".
    It tends to be overrused. Still not sure if I like it in SGU but I liked the song from Faith (thanks to whoever put up the YouTube link) and I liked the Flogging Molly one. Mind you, I find it a little amusing that fan music vidding started with a science fiction show and has come full circle.

Comment

Hello to everyone, I'm new to the site. Saw the original movie in the theater, but I didn't get into SG until 2009. Love it, plowed through all eps of SG-1 and SGA and have watched all of SGU. imo i think SGU is getting into gear. Though they've gone about it slowly (and questionably at times), i like how much they've laid the groundwork for characters and are beginning to move things in both a character and plot direction.

As for this episode, i thought so-so at first watching, but after reading reviews and watching again I think it's going to be a long-term great one. We have both sides of the internal conflict realizing just how much they need one another and how important each side's point of view is important to survival. I may be wrong, but i think this season's storyline will end with an awesome "Okay, we're all in this together, it's OUR ship, let's destroy those against us" moments.

We also got some good nuggets in the ep. The robot will of course be awesome whenever they get to it. And i think the planet itself (and imo those that stayed behind) will at some point come back in play. Maybe not this season, but that is a great storyline just waiting to be written.

Love the site, podcasts, etc.!

Comment

Slightly disappointed with the episode. Although it was decent, i expected more from it. What in the hell was Dr. Cane all about though? Madman!

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
          Slightly disappointed with the episode. Although it was decent, i expected more from it. What in the hell was Dr. Cane all about though? Madman!
          Belief have a strange way of making people strong in their convictions
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by P3X-984 View Post
            As for this episode, i thought so-so at first watching, but after reading reviews and watching again I think it's going to be a long-term great one. We have both sides of the internal conflict realizing just how much they need one another and how important each side's point of view is important to survival.
            Welcome!

I agree with you - I think this episode will mark the beginning of a sea change.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

HBMC writes: “1. Did they leave people behind, and if so, who?
              2. Was the pregnancy written into the show because of Alaina Huffman’s actual pregnancy, or was this always the plan?”

SPOILERS FOR FAITH…

Answers: 1. Yes. Kaine stayed behind with about a half dozen of his fellow crew members.

2. In Denis’ original pitch, a female crew member discovers she’s pregnant. As it so happened, actress Alaina Huffman announced her pregnancy around this time – so, rather than give the story to a secondary character, we gave it to the Tamara character.
              Follow link for more:
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hinese-bistro/

Comment

I feel as if the show is finally starting to settle and find its place. There was less pointless bickering, a greater sense of comradery, we got to explore Destiny a little more and a great story premise imo.

"Faith" has to be the most enjoyable episode so far. I might have actually enjoyed it more than "Space".

Comment

Originally posted by MattZat View Post
                  In that last exchange between Rush and Young, when he mentioned he liked to play chess, did anyone else pick up on the subtle double-meaning there, as if Young made his attempt at a joke ("Hey look I can be a nice guy") but then reminded Rush he's good at what he does ("I still have my eye on you, and I am ready to make the next move if you ever do"). Or was I reading way too much into it?
                  I kinda saw it as a warning to Rush, myself. Young maybe cautioning him against making another move like he did in Divided. But maybe I'm reading into it too much too.
                  "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                  -Brom in Eragon

Comment

No more Dr Caine.... poor James XD!

Spoiler:
                    NEW! April 17 - "The Destiny takes off and leaves Lt. Scott, Eli, Chloe and Greer trapped in the ruins of an underground maze, prompting Dr. Rush and Col. Young to devise a recovery plan to save the stranded away team before the ship leaves the galaxy."
                    (TV Guide)
                    OH boy! cant wait for "Lost"

Spoiler:
                    they will most likely come back using the stargate and not like Rush in an Alien Ship xD

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
                      I kinda saw it as a warning to Rush, myself. Young maybe cautioning him against making another move like he did in Divided. But maybe I'm reading into it too much too.
                      I hadn't thought of his statement like that. Very interesting take on it though.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've watched this episode 9 times now.

I'm too lazy to change the channel, so my recording keeps looping.

on the 10th now.

Comment

Good for you. I thought it was pretty good for what its worth.
                          sigpic

Comment

the biggest problem with this theory is that whoever made this planet IS the most advanced race ever encountered. So, if it was those guys from space than they would have no problem with destiny's deffences and would not even be interested in destiny in the first place.

Comment

In my humble opinion this was by far the most boring episode of the show so far. Character development aside, it was horribly boring and I was very, very disappointed not to get any explaination about the obelisk, the light and everything else. Nothing happened at all in that episode. Made me like TJ even more, and Young is his usual awesome and psychotic self, I wouldn't want him any other way.

But until the new BSG spin-off hits the air (which will take a very long time since it's only in development), this is the only sci-fi show that's worth watching in-between 24 episodes.
                              Last edited by Demerzel; 17 April 2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

It was the most boring episode ever. It was even more boring than the episode where they only used the stones. Nothing good except the repaired shuttle and the obelisk. I hoped the ending would be Franklin waking up from his coma. He's been there for now 3 episodes.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X