This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw absolutely no similarities to "Paradise Lost."
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
      I asked Carl Binder on Twitter about the shooting location for 'Faith,' over the weekend, and he confirmed the marsh/lake area is indeed the same as SG1's Paradise Lost and SGA's Harmony.
      Vindicated Thanks for getting to the bottom of it Morjana - I asked JM on his blog but he didn't answer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        Vindicated Thanks for getting to the bottom of it Morjana - I asked JM on his blog but he didn't answer.
        I had recognized the location from both episodes, and just wanted to confirm with Carl. Very lovely area. Sigh. Must find a way to visit there one day...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This was nowhere near as boring as episode as it might appear but I'm still bored since the season returned. I guess I'm losing my patience. The contrivances never stop coming.

The ship is strong enough to survive a star regularly but can't take sustained weapons fire.
          The aliens had a ship on the Destiny which means they got through it's shields once but now they can't do it again.
          They may be exploring the ship unlike they did in Atlantis but it's leading to the same result. Nothing.
          I'm trying to hold out but this is losing my attention span on this show.
          SGU is entirely uninteresting and predictable at this point. It's come down to conflict drama for drama's sake.
          I'm finding a hard time caring.
          I'm finding it a hard time keeping my eyes open.
          I'm finding it hard to keep coming back here and talking about it.
          I'm just SO BORED.

It's starting to feel JUST like the first season of Star Trek ENTERPRISE. Conflict for little to no reason abounds. I may hang this up sooner before the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            This was nowhere near as boring as episode as it might appear but I'm still bored since the season returned. I guess I'm losing my patience. The contrivances never stop coming.

The ship is strong enough to survive a star regularly but can't take sustained weapons fire.
            The aliens had a ship on the Destiny which means they got through it's shields once but now they can't do it again.
            They may be exploring the ship unlike they did in Atlantis but it's leading to the same result. Nothing.
            SGU is entirely uninteresting and predictable at this point. It's come down to conflict drama for drama's sake.
            I'm just SO BORED.

It's starting to feel JUST like the first season of Star Trek ENTERPRISE. Conflict for little to no reason abounds. I may hang this up sooner before the end of the season.
            *Pats Saquist on the shoulder* Don't worry, guy, I still enjoy it!
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm just SO BORED.

Hey, if it isn't working for you, it isn't working for you. That happens - there have been some shows I've really wanted to like, but it just didn't gel for whatever reason.

Life is short - give it another try or two - and then move on to something you really do like!

(Or have a beer while watching - there is a show my partner loves that I can only watch if I drink a beer while watching. Somehow, that makes it all work. Ha!)
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

tetris does it for me
                if there's someone watching something ghastly in the house and I'm playing tetris?
                I just don\t seem to mind as much
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

As shown in Divided the shields quite strong when energy is only pumped into them but are considerably weaker when the energy is pumped into multiple systems[/QUOTE]
                  If your refering to Air then no. Notice how in Divided the shields are right on the surface on hull. So you land on the hull just not breech them
                  the chair, that robot in Faith. We discovered quite a bit just can't implement it yet just can't implement it which makes sense
                  I'm just SO BORED.
                  Then don't. Why watch a show if its boring?
                  Blasphemy. Someone get the tar and feathers
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    TJ - Apparently, a trained military person wasn't using any type of birth control(like an IUD) while on an official assignment, so that leaves little hope for someone like Chloe. They need more medical personnel somehow, though. A pregnant doctor will be in even less of a position to help the crew.
                    Normally I would agree to a point as she is military. But this time I'd have to disagree. Just because someone is pregnant doesn't mean that they have suddenly become incapable of performing their duties. Sure there may be the odd limitations because of her condition, however they are stranded on a ship heading to point unknown. And her skills will be just as useful and important even though she is pregnant. With the situation that they are in, I would say that military protocol wouldn't be the same as if they were at home. They all have to work together to help each other survive.

I for one will love seeing how they write her pregnancy. And will love to see how she plays it out in her character.

Episode:

Loved the episode. Though probably not quite as much as the previous two. Probably because there was a little too much left hanging for my liking. And also it felt like TPTB had crammed a bit too much into such a small amount of time. The episode definately could have worked well as a two parter.

TJ's storyline was the highlight for me. The emotions that were portrayed around her revealing her pregnancy were so amazing. And the way the pregnancy was revealed was not too trashy or degrading to her or the actress. And it seemed to fit well. Didn't feel like it was just shoved in and given some lame excuse to explain away the actress' pregnancy in real life. Unlike with Teyla in SGA where they had to suddenly invent "the father of the baby". Here it was easy to explain why she was pregnant (assuming that Young is the father), due to her affair with Young before they left Icarus Base. And if Young is the father (not sure if they actually explained that one or I just missed it, may have to rewatch to see), I can see why she would have wanted to stay on the planet. She probably felt that it was better to stay on the planet then have to face Young and explain to him that she was pregnant with his child. I could see it in her expression when she found out that Young was coming down to the planet to make sure that his military personnel got back on The Destiny.

Would loved a bit of explaination of who in the end actually stayed behind and who went back to the ship. Now if we get that explaination in the next episode then I will be ok with it. Otherwise it will just be something that will mildly bug me for a while
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

The episode made for interesting drama but in any real world situation imo, none of Destiny’s crew would have elected to remain on the planet.

The reason all the planets that have been visited in the Stargate Franchise have been in forests is the show is filmed in Vancouver. If is far cheaper to do location shooting nearby. Vancouver is very far from the Equator.

Planning to settle on a planet with minimal supplies and equipment would be foolish and possibly not possible anywhere far from the equator. The only place they would have a chance of surviving would be somewhere tropical where the climate is mild and there is food available year around.

A similarly appearing location on Earth would not have that much wild edible vegetation available. I guess this place was better. Since there are no animals present then there is likely no fish either. The absence of animals would make me very, very, very nervous. How could a planet not have any animals on it? Without animal flesh how are they going to get their protein requirements? There might not be enough diversity of wild edible vegetation to meet everyone’s protein and nutritional needs?

I think most people have no idea how hard it would be to survive anywhere where there is winter. Enduring a winter even with the shuttle would be extremely difficult if not impossible. What are they going to do about food once winter arrives and they can no longer forage? I doubt the shuttle has extensive refrigeration capacity. How are they going to store their food? How long do you think fruit and vegetables would keep? Very shortly into the winter they would run out of food and starve. They would have to rush to can and preserve enough food to last them through the winter. How many containers do they have and where would they store them? And how many of those people have ever built a shelter? What are they going to use for tools? They couldn’t have had time to bring much if any with them from Icarus. Do you think the Ancients would have left basic tools on the ship and when would they have had time to load them on the shuttle? Something as simple as nails would be well beyond them. And eating the few indigenous wild fruits and vegetables would get very old after a while. They would need to plant crops? How are they going to do so without tools and seeds?

A tropical environment would have year around edible food and may be survivable; but without animal flesh there may not be enough diversity of wild food there either to fulfill everyone’s nutritional needs. I can understand how basking in the sunshine after being cooped up on a Space Ship would feel tremendous but I really doubt many of the scientists would be so foolish as to not think through the practical requires of survival. I haven’t even addressed any of the possible unknown dangers that may yet arise.

The likely explanation for why there are no animals is there is something present harmful to them. And if so, it would likely affect the humans. And if there are no animals then I assume there are no insects either. Is there bacteria? The life cycle interactions between flora and fauna on an Earth like planet are extremely complex, diverse and widespread. Many species require both for their continued survival. I don’t know how viable an Earth like planet would be with flora and no fauna even if it was supposedly "designed" as some type of planetary garden. I certainly wouldn’t want to gamble my survival living on it? Scientists would be intimately aware of this.

The whole idea of people wanting to leave Destiny makes for an interesting story but in a real world situation I doubt any of the crew would have taken a chance with their survival on this planet. Being off world and involved in the Stargate program they would have been trained and educated to know just how difficult survival would be for a handful of very ill equipped people on an unknown planet, especially one that displays a lack of fauna.
                      Last edited by Blackhole; 21 April 2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        SG1 and SGA would never devote a whole episode to character developments. So I don't see how we can draw parallels between the two
                        Cold Lazarus?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                          Cold Lazarus?
                          That one did have character development but it had a huge plot as well
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm just SO BORED.
                            Then give up, for crying out loud! Seriously, if you think you're bored, imagine how we feel about your whining about being bored? Why continue to waste your valuable time watching something boring and then writing about it?
                            (Also I wish the Ignore feature worked on quotes of the person being ignored.)
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                              The reason all the planets that have been visited in the Stargate Franchise have been in forests is the show is filmed in Vancouver. If is far cheaper to do location shooting nearby. Vancouver is very far from the Equator.
                              Planning to settle on a planet with minimal supplies and equipment would be foolish and possibly not possible anywhere far from the equator. The only place they would have a chance of surviving would be somewhere tropical where the climate is mild and there is food available year around.
                              I live somewhere tropical and let me tell you... Hurricanes are real. Not to mention any number of regular storms, earthquakes, mudslides... Even somewhere tropical can be a deathtrap.

I can see those people leaving the ship as a good thing: separating the wheat from the chaff, those who're willing to tough it out and fight to get home versus those who want someone to come along and save them.
                              Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                              Cold Lazarus?
                              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              That one did have character development but it had a huge plot as well
                              Cold Lazarus is a wonderful and under-rated episode. It really lets Jack and the ex come to some closure re: their son and each other, letting us get the more comic Jack vs the suicidal one from the movie. I love it.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                *Pats Saquist on the shoulder* Don't worry, guy, I still enjoy it!
                                I know I sure do as well. I have since the beginning of the season. Sadly, it just isn't for everyone.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X