Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    I don't think Eli's a virgin...

Correction: At least, I don't hope that he is. Because I bet my keyboard that his virginity would be explored in an entire episode - two-parter if nothing else has come up.
    I bet my monitor they wouldn't do that.

As for Eli's speech, I'm pretty sure that would work against him as the aliens' standard of beauty are not likely to match his fantasies.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      I bet my monitor they wouldn't do that.

As for Eli's speech, I'm pretty sure that would work against him as the aliens' standard of beauty are not likely to match his fantasies.
      Shhh! that was implied with Eli saying he was the most beautiful human
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        In Chloe's defense, she may have reached a turning point with her drunken stupor and started to do some self-evaluation about her life in the past and present. However, I think it's going to take Scott abusing her trust to get her to see past her own journey down D-Nile.
        I think that is exactly what they are doing with Chloe, and not just her but all of the characters.

There's far too many people, both fictional and real, who ride down that damn river.
        Does it count if I think that Chloe actualy does have feelings for Eli but does not realize it yet?

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          Yes... Skydiver was nice enough to restore me to my old position Redid my post count and rep. even changed my name so it's less of a mouthful. I sent her a virtual shampoo basket

on topic, getting friendzoned sucks, but let's just hope Eli learns from this experience. It's not like there's alot of "options" on Destiny

I can see Eli making first contact with some race and he comes up with some babble of "uhh well you see. My race is going on a mission across the cosmos to spread our genetic diversity you see. So in order to foster relationships between our peoples... I, the most beautiful of my people, request to make love to the most beautifull of your people."

During which the rest of the crew will collectively groan

Yes i'm exageratting, but it's still damned funny to think about
          At first I was just cracking up thinking about Eli in an alien romance. But the more I think about it, believe it or not, I can definitely picture Eli developing an alien romance much more than I can see him developing a romance with Chloe. Maybe he would get together with an alien just to spite Chloe? It seems immature to be sure but it's the kind of thing people are likely to do in jealousy situations.
          sigpic

Comment

At first I was just cracking up thinking about Eli in an alien romance. But the more I think about it, believe it or not, I can definitely picture Eli developing an alien romance much more than I can see him developing a romance with Chloe. Maybe he would get together with an alien just to spite Chloe? It seems immature to be sure but it's the kind of thing people are likely to do in jealousy situations.
            It would be funnier if Eli then got FriendZoned by an alien being, who after some initial flirting, ended up banging Scott on the observation deck before crying its eye out to Eli after Scott ditched it for a kino with lipstick on.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              It would be funnier if Eli then got FriendZoned by an alien being, who after some initial flirting, ended up banging Scott on the observation deck before crying its eye out to Eli after Scott ditched it for a kino with lipstick on.
              Ah, but by the time something like that happened, Chloe would very likely have enlisted Riley's Kinospying skills to observe Scott's indiscretion. And very quickly, everybody--including the alien, Chloe, Eli, Vanessa James, and even Riley, would think Scott was being a total jerk for his infidelity.

Subsequently, Chloe somehow decides she likes Riley, while continuing to friendzone Eli. The alien, heartbroken by Scott's behavior, decides to leave the ship...but still being friends with Eli. In the meanwhile, Riley is still continuing his techno-bud friendship with Eli.

Friendzone x 3!
              Poor Eli!
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, but by the time something like that happened, Chloe would very likely have enlisted Riley's Kinospying skills to observe Scott's indiscretion. And very quickly, everybody--including the alien, Chloe, Eli, Vanessa James, and even Riley, would think Scott was being a total jerk for his infidelity.

Subsequently, Chloe somehow decides she likes Riley, while continuing to friendzone Eli. The alien, heartbroken by Scott's behavior, decides to leave the ship...but still being friends with Eli. In the meanwhile, Riley is still continuing his techno-bud friendship with Eli.

Friendzone x 3!
                Poor Eli!
                haha....I just thought of everyone else on the ship dying, leaving just Eli and Chloe aboard with no way to return home, broken communication stones and nobody else for company besides each other......and Eli still being stuck in the friendzone!! I wonder if he would ever bring out the 'we need to procreate to save the species' line
                sigpic

Comment

haha....I just thought of everyone else on the ship dying, leaving just Eli and Chloe aboard with no way to return home, broken communication stones and nobody else for company besides each other......and Eli still being stuck in the friendzone!! I wonder if he would ever bring out the 'we need to procreate to save the species' line
                  I'm sure Chloe would convince him to reprogram teh Kinos to "Vibrate"

Reminds me of Greer's threat with the Kinos I'm liking that guy more and more every episode.
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                    It possible that he's realized quite a bit about her. It won't help the jealousy issues, but he needs to know where he stands. She is just like any other socialite. She shacks up with any guy who seems to be in a position of advantage.
                    He does know where he stands. He is a friend, and Chloe clearly said that in the episode.

Seriously, why is Chloe the bad person for not wanting to jump Eli - and Eli the innocent victim. Chloe is not responsible for the way Eli feels about her, and now it is up to Eli to do something about it. Whether it's detaching himself for her completely - but given the situation they are in that is doubtful, or sucking it up and realising it's, essentially puppy love or infatuation.

The ball is in his court, as Chloe hasn't done anything wrong.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Thats gold mate. Vibrating Kinos....absolute gold.

Eli is destined to have one road block after another get in the way of him getting some special time with.....well anyone really.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm sure that he may that trot out that line but then Chloe will probably give him a certain look and then the "I think we should just be friends..." speech. He needs to just wake up out of that puppy dog infatuation schtick he's got going and move on already.

From what I saw with Kino Episode 15, I think that Lisa Park and Adam Brody may have got something going on so she's taken. If not Brody, then certainly Volker or one of the other scientists. I swear Eli's tunnel vision is so freakin' narrow that he can't see the big picture past that shower scene with Chloe in "Darkness."

Eli, my boy, wake up! Chloe is a nice girl but she is so not interested in you and she is so not what you are really looking for!

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                        I think that is exactly what they are doing with Chloe, and not just her but all of the characters.

Does it count if I think that Chloe actualy does have feelings for Eli but does not realize it yet?
                        Well, the Destiny will certainly redefine these people and force them to grow. Either that or the time on that ship will utterly break them.

If Eli can get past this thing with Chloe, I think he's got the whole universe opening up before him. He's an essential part of the crew and everyone seems to like him. He's in a very good position right now but he can't see it!

As for the other crew members, I'm hoping that the Destiny will do this for them:

* Rush learns that people are not just a means to an end. The only way he can do this is distinguishing the gaping differences between his own interests and what is actually the greater good.
                        * Young forgives himself for his indiscretion. He accepts the idea that whether he likes it or not, he's the de facto leader of the crew and that, qualified or not, these are the people he has to make do with. No amount of self-deprecation will change their situation.
                        * Eli gets over Chloe and transcends the rather limited "Math Boy" identity he's forged for himself. He has shown that he can be as brave as one of the military guys but maintaining his empathy for others.
                        * Greer...doesn't need to grow. He's awesome just the way he is!
                        OK, well maybe work on the anger management thing.
                        * TJ becomes immensely skilled as a medic and as a leader. She develops true faith in herself.
                        * Scott finally forgives himself for failing the priest who raised him. I think a side-effect from this will be that his issues with how he handles relationships will hopefully improve.
                        * Chloe grows past the gaping hole left by her father's death and realizes that she also could be something greater than what she was before. With her background in politics, she could one day perhaps be a first-contact situation expert. That's a long way off but it's possible for someone like her--if that's what she wants. I personally believe that she has no feelings whatsoever for Eli and that won't change in the future.
                        * Camille Wray finds a sense of self other than her job.
                        * Brody & Park find happiness with each other.
                        * Volker grows a backbone and starts forcing people like Rush to respect him rather than placating them. He's an intelligent, nice guy...but it is possible to be too nice. I had to learn that the hard way.

The potential for personal growth is great for this crew!
                        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 10 November 2009, 04:20 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sad that SF TV is that predictable these days-but I think you nailed it. I'd just add that Telfer will realized that Young is a good man/leader and they can do more by working together than being at odds. Oh yeah, and that Young was right to not back him for expedition leader because back then he was not ready...
                          Emily-Will forgive Young for cheating on her.

Chloe would be way out of Eli's league on earth. The writer's should keep it that way. No way she would want to do more than cuddle with Eli. Eli's best chance is to use the stones to come back to earth in other bodies and score that way. As they develop his character by showing him brave, smart etc... I'd bet that some to date minor character will show romantic interest in him. He'll pine for Chloe but she and what's his name are a believable couple and although they will probably 'breakup' to give the writer's more opportunities to torture Eli I'd bet Chloe/Marine guy stay an on/off again couple.

Honestly, the Eli/Chloe thing is not an interesting storyline to me. Watching it is painful. I had enough of dorks in space watching Wesley Crusher. Writers should steer appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by syfy View Post
                            Chloe would be way out of Eli's league on earth. The writer's should keep it that way. No way she would want to do more than cuddle with Eli.
                            The whole "league" thing is complete BS.

Originally posted by syfy View Post
                            I had enough of dorks in space watching Wesley Crusher. Writers should steer appropriately.
                            Oh come on, that is not even a fair comparison.

@SupremeLegate
                            Apogee Institute
                            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Really? Do elaborate.

Comment

Only someone in either the absolute top league or the absolute bottom would say something like that.

So the real question remains....which one are you? A glamour or a swamp monster?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X