Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telford's actions and speculation on the final scene possible spoilers for future ep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if telford does indeed masquerade as Young to have sex with Emily, Young will be well within his rights to kill the man, and Jack will hand him the gun
    If we were on Chu'lak, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Originally posted by Count View Post
    Telford could be a goa'uld, you know. He may be "following orders" but be twisting them to help his own goals.
    Oh god they better not go there. It's a minor miracle that putting the goa'uld in Atlantis for one ep worked not going to be happy if they do that on SGU. They pulled it off in Critical Mass but I don't want a enemy crossover on SGU.
    Hey, any enemy is better than none. Heck, I'd be happy if they used Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. (a show that I despise with every fiber of my being)

I'd be fine with almost any bad guy they bring into the show. I'll be happy if they bring the Goa'uld into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the Wraith into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the nameless enemies from "The Daedalus Variations" into the show, I'll even be happy if they bring the evil Asgard into the show. Heck, I'll be happy if they bring the Ori into the show. (a villain group that really wasn't as well done as it could have been) However, if they bring back the Replicators, I'm gonna kill someone. Those were the only villains on the show that were overused, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
      If we were on Chu'lak, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.
      "revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet...But we're not on my planet, are we? "
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Wow. If Telford is a Goa'uld, then who's consciousness would be transported to the Destiny?

Frankly I don't think it makes any sense that Telford is having an affair with Yong's wife. Because Telford was on the base at the same time as Young was. HE would have been away aswell. The only difference is that Telford was planning on leaving to parts unknown with the possible chance of never coming home. Which was the opposite of what Young was planning on doing. The only thing maybe that Telford would have on Young is that he didn't cheat on her with TJ. But if that is the only difference maker for her why was she still with Young at all anymore then?
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          Yeah no one on destiny is EVER gonna follow his orders again. You dont get around a betrayal like that. If ur boss ran away and left u to die what would you do next time he told u to do something, especially if he couldnt fire you?
          Self-perservation is still one of the basic human reaction and human right.
          Yes , it would be best if 3 less people die , but the other two civilian scientist were civilian and but Telford was the commanding officer, he should at least hesitate a moment before bailing out,or at least tell the crew in advance about their bailout plan.

I think i rememebr one of the bodyswaping scientist telling the crew he is beting his life on the plan as well, but the way those three ran away in the face of the Imminent destruction.They could spent a bit more of fixing the problem or tell the crew they are leaving, just cut and run without telling crew.

With or without Jack's order ,How can General Jack tolerate soemone with Telford's character under his command.
          The Destory will never trust Telford again after that betrayal.So Jack should transfer Telford away from SGU SGA,SGC program , away to like the Arctic listening post up north (not the Antractic Ancient outpost down south)

And perhaps then Lucian alliance will recruit him .

Comment

If they haven't already recruited him

Comment

I have a major suspicion that the last scene with Telford and Young's wife was a major red herring. I think the writers are setting us up for something completely different going on with Telford.

Spoiler warning:
              Spoiler:
              I just saw a tweet from Lou Diamond Phillips that he appeared in only 8 episodes and it is the last three that are Telford-heavy. Looking at the titles and brief descriptions of those last three episodes is making me wonder if Telford's objectives are very different than they appear.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                I have a major suspicion that the last scene with Telford and Young's wife was a major red herring. I think the writers are setting us up for something completely different going on with Telford.

Spoiler warning:
                Spoiler:
                I just saw a tweet from Lou Diamond Phillips that he appeared in only 8 episodes and it is the last three that are Telford-heavy. Looking at the titles and brief descriptions of those last three episodes is making me wonder if Telford's objectives are very different than they appear.

How do you mean. When I first saw "Earth" I assumed that Telford was going to Emily to have a sorta confessional conversation about what happened. It wasn't until later on this forum that I had the impression others thought his motivations were more nefarious. Maybe being faithfully married for 20 years and a short stint in the AF gives me a different take on people's motives but.... I tend to vie wTelford as a rather intense but honest person

so what aspect do you think is a red-herring
                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Maybe Telford is a
                  Spoiler:
                  Lucian Alliance plant.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Maybe Telford is a
                    Spoiler:
                    Lucian Alliance plant.
                    He looks like he could fit the suit nicely. Plus he has the attitude...

Comment

Do you think it is possible that Telford is going to tell Emily

Spoiler:
                      that TJ, who we are pretty much certain is the other woman in Young's life, is pregnant?
                      We know the actress is pregnant and they have hinted that it could be written into the story... What other way to totally devastate a relationship that is struggling to survive and is still very vulnerable. It would also be the perfect revenge if revenge is what Telford has on his mind...
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        He looks like he could fit the suit nicely. Plus he has the attitude...
                        Hmmmm...
                        *suddenly noticed that my expression is not all that different to your avatar*
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Although I'm not sure how that's possible. The Lucian Alliance came into existence after the fall of the Goa'uld which just seems like a stretch that they could be that influential in the Military in that amount of time. Unless maybe the original Telford is dead.

Still, if they're trying to be more "human" centric (granted the Lucian Alliance is human), having the primary antagonist turn out to be "alien" wouldn't really help the premise much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            Maybe Telford is a
                            Spoiler:
                            Lucian Alliance plant.
                            He fits the profile...

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            Do you think it is possible that Telford is going to tell Emily

Spoiler:
                            that TJ, who we are pretty much certain is the other woman in Young's life, is pregnant?
                            We know the actress is pregnant and they have hinted that it could be written into the story... What other way to totally devastate a relationship that is struggling to survive and is still very vulnerable. It would also be the perfect revenge if revenge is what Telford has on his mind...
                            Man that would just be too low, even for Telford!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

There's always brainwashing...

Comment

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post

Hey, any enemy is better than none. Heck, I'd be happy if they used Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. (a show that I despise with every fiber of my being)

I'd be fine with almost any bad guy they bring into the show. I'll be happy if they bring the Goa'uld into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the Wraith into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the nameless enemies from "The Daedalus Variations" into the show, I'll even be happy if they bring the evil Asgard into the show. Heck, I'll be happy if they bring the Ori into the show. (a villain group that really wasn't as well done as it could have been) However, if they bring back the Replicators, I'm gonna kill someone. Those were the only villains on the show that were overused, imo.
                                No absolutly not. Keep this show seperate from the others at all costs. No enemy crossovers!!!! And if they bring in plankton I'll kill someone. IMHO even without a central enemy the show is very very good with plenty of drama and action.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X