Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telford's actions and speculation on the final scene possible spoilers for future ep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    I wondered the same thing.

I do wonder at the wife's reaction, though. She's literally having sex with another man's body and seems to be plenty okay with it.
    I don't think she realized (it was too short of time) and YES I do believe she's been having an affair with Telford for quite some time.
    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

How should the last scene be interpreted? Is Telford having an affair with Young's wife or is he just taking advantage of the fact that she thinks he is Young?

I really hope that the last possibility is not true. I mean having an affair is one thing but lying and taking advantage of a person's lack of knowledge is just evil.

The humans are supposed to be the good guys in Stargate.

Comment

Prob is he needs someone AT the device to initiate the disconnect. How would he do that?
        I think that is what he meant at the end of the episode when he said "The time I have allotted for this meeting is over" - I think Young has someone posted at the device on destiny with orders to turn it off after a certain amount of time, to prevent Earth from replacing him permanently.

I am not sure why they go through all this trouble to allow people to contact their families (having to explain the whole body switch thing) when they could have people write letters to their family telling them that they are ok, etc. Your handwriting wouldn't change when you switched into the new body, so the family would know it was from you.

It is amazing that they have told all these thousands of people about the gate. From family members to base cooks, and it has never been leaked. The press would pay millions for that story and yet no one has ever sold it.

Comment

Just going to re-post what I posted elsewhere
          -------------

I'm giving Telford the benefit of the doubt for being an honorable man. I don't think he was going to try to have sex with Young's wife, I assumed at the time that he was going to have a 'fess up' conversation with her.

Keep in mind that in places where Telford has rubbed the Destiny crew, and the audience, the wrong way it's been in situations where he has been attempting to get something done on the Destiny that he sees as being needed for the safety and the eventual return of the crew. We may not like it because of our growing sympathy for Young, Rush, Scott, Greer, etc... but he's pretty much been within his bounds as a military Colonel. I may not *like* the way he carries out his duties, but I can't say it's because he is a bad person.

So I don't see any reason yet why he would seek revenge on Young or seek to take advantage of the situation with Emily

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Spoiler:
            So... we know Huffman is pregnant... so their either going to not show TJ very much or their going to use it in the story. Emily said "stuck on a ship with her" and we saw a scene of Young and TJ kissing. So... maybe Young got TJ pregnant? Emily was talking about it when Telford came back into his body so he heard the end of that conversation.. and then was going to ask Emily more about it.

Just my speculation
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

i think that scene with them kissing is the same as the scene with eli and chloe. something did go on between them and he's just thinking about it.

Comment

Telford seems like a creep alright.

But what if he came to apologize to Emily, because he saw her naked, and other things. lol.

Or he's flattered she was OK with his body and face. And wants to say "hey."

Comment

Originally posted by POW View Post
                  Wow I didnt think about number 2 but that could be true and it would be shocking!

I had another one ...

3) hes going to tell her about the interuption that happened earlier creating an uncomfortable situation when Young comes back.
                  That was my take on it as well. Let her know that during, they swapped back and it wasn't Young the entire time. I would think that would make her uncomfortable and have her less likely to want to engage in sex with her "husband" again in the future. I think he wants to make things as uncomfortable for Young as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Got to toss the BS flag here. AS an almost 18 yr active duty navy guy i can attest that they keep in those with HIV. I know of 14 who are still in, though 2 who progressed to final stage AIDS were outed on a med discharge.
                    If its BS then its official army BS. See AR-600-110 for the gory details.

Army policy is that if you test positive you are withdrawn from deployment and can only serve in the CONUS. You aren't discharged from the service but the duties can you can perform are limited and special forces are off limits to anybody who tests positive.

May be slightly different for other branches of service but I believe the policy is similar.
                    Last edited by rexpop; 07 November 2009, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I just finished watching the episode and Telford didn't have an evil/bemused/etc. look on his face. It was more of a "um, I'm not sure where to start but we need to talk." It could mean anything but my opinion at this time would be he's married himself. I could also see that they could already being seeing each other which would explain the easy jump in bed. This is probably the first episode where I felt, "um, we now have enough cheating and sex driven triangles now, can we not do any more of those? we have enough with what's here." I the complex relationships is fine, but not everyone needs to be sleeping with everyone. Btw, Chloe is such a hypocrit, she's sleeping with Scott and she's mad because her best friend is sleeping with her boyfriend? Hey pot... meet the kettle.

Comment

You know, maybe we got this all wrong. The writers so far are doing a good job with character speculation. . .

My initial thought was Telford going to get him some to get back at Young. Then I thought: Why would he go that far? It just didn't go with the way they are writing (intentional misdirection, which is awesome!)

What if Telford is there to tell her the truth about what happened, about how he momentarily came back into his own body while they were having sex. To me the truth alone is enough to cause a problem with Young and his wife.

So far, all indications point to Telford getting a widdle boo tay on the side, but I am wondering if that was just there to mislead us.

Comment

Putting aside any assumption about an alleged previous relationship between Telford and Emily...

So Young shags his wife whilst in Telfords body, then it is implied pretty strongly that Telford liked what happened during the split second comm break up, so he goes back for more (so to speak).

There is a strong case to answer that Telford has every right to be bloody peeved at Young for using his body in such a way. So peeved in fact that I reckon he has every right to go and shag Young's wife for real this time. To be honest, given how easily Emily jumped in the sack with Telford, what is right and wrong in this little perverted love triangle is anyone's guess.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was shown that he was pretty clearly depicted as at being horrified at what happened. He looked shocked to me. And he was really eager to make sure he didn't get suddenly transported to Young's wife's house again.
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 07 November 2009, 08:49 PM.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by leanbarton View Post
                              Telford seems like a creep alright.

But what if he came to apologize to Emily, because he saw her naked, and other things. lol.

Or he's flattered she was OK with his body and face. And wants to say "hey."
                              As comanding officer ,Telford cut and run like a chicken,but Let's not assume the Worst of Telford just yet.
                              The fact is Telford is a victim of sexual violation . i remember from of my high school Sex education class. Sex without consent is a sex crime .
                              He could visit emily and demand an Apology from Emily because Young and Emily had violated his body.
                              on the other hand Telford didn't report Young's abuse probably because in some way he thought he got lucky,and could imply a slient consent for young to use his body this way again.

But if Telford pretend to be Young to have sex with Emily, then Telford become the classic victium turn abuser.
                              Two wrong doesn't make ut right ? does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                I thought it was shown that he was pretty clearly depicted as at being horrified at what happened. He looked shocked to me. And he was really eager to make sure he didn't get suddenly transported to Young's wife's house again.
                                i think anyone would be shocked and surprised if one minute you're talking on a ship and then next some naked chick is riding you and you're laying in a bed, even if it was someone you knew, it'd be like WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X