Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm....Well....This episode was......A little strange. I can't make up my mind whether I liked it or not. All the switching back and forth from Destiny to Earth and from body to body was a little disconcerting.

So my fears were confirmed then? TJ/Young did have an affair? What? Did TPTB decide just to screw the military and their rules and regulations so they could have everybody bonking everybody else? So 4 military officers broke the frat regs So what was the point of them sticking to the regs like a religion in SG-1

I do wish the would get rid of Young's wife, I hate those scenes. It's weird and awkward looking and rather boring. I didn't know what to make of Young in this ep When Chloe started crying it made me cringe Not sure if that's the reaction they were going for *shrugs* Eli and Rush are the only one's I liked in this ep, at least they weren't acting all weird like they were from an alternate reality The scene with Eli and his mum was a nice scene in a bittersweet sort of way

hmm so all in all I'm probably leaning more towards not liking this ep than liking it
    sigpic

Comment

Ok maybe it was too much like a soap opera, watching those adults acting like teenagers. But at least, we can say they left us with a strong Lost-level cliffhanger. Will Telford sleep with Young's wife or not? Solid cliffhanger imo.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Ok maybe it was too much like a soap opera, watching those adults acting like teenagers. But at least, we can say they left us with a strong Lost-level cliffhanger. Will Telford sleep with Young's wife or not? Solid cliffhanger imo.
        Or, ... if Telford and Emily Young were indeed "involved", he may be going to confront her with why she was cheating on him with her own husband.

Comment

Telford liked the Emily trial membership. Now he wants a full subscription.

That or he is trying to get information to backmail Young.

Comment

Omg

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              Not really, as they could be used for any type of ship, regardless of its type. But there may be some more big ship friendly weapons they just didn't use, as the ammo source for them maybe finite.

Not really?
              Lieutenant they were turrets.
              Destiny isn't that big. I could see..."RIVET BOLTS" on the turret. Now they could be amazingly powerful but I betcha that they aren't and the shield is actually for the ultimate defense like on Atlantis.

Comment

We should be able to guess Destiny's size real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  So my fears were confirmed then? TJ/Young did have an affair? What? Did TPTB decide just to screw the military and their rules and regulations so they could have everybody bonking everybody else? So 4 military officers broke the frat regs So what was the point of them sticking to the regs like a religion in SG-1
                  Because as you know Linda military personel always follow the rules all the time. SG1 was about the best of the best or the model soldiers so yes they did follow the rules
                  I do wish the would get rid of Young's wife, I hate those scenes. It's weird and awkward looking and rather boring. I didn't know what to make of Young in this ep When Chloe started crying it made me cringe Not sure if that's the reaction they were going for *shrugs* Eli and Rush are the only one's I liked in this ep, at least they weren't acting all weird like they were from an alternate reality The scene with Eli and his mum was a nice scene in a bittersweet sort of way
                  The whole point of the Chloe scene was self-relization that her whole life was a failure and she had little contribution. Kind of like Eli except he is more obvious
                  hmm so all in all I'm probably leaning more towards not liking this ep than liking it
                  Fair enough. We know how you don't like to think
                  *dodges the fish*
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I think that this was the best episode so far and also the most BSG-like.

BSG had a habit of bringing characters into conflict in such powerfull, surprising and dramatic ways that you had to reflect on their personal history for awhile before it started to make sense.

Also, the emotionally traumatizing betrayals and wounds people are inflicting on one-another are reminiscent of BSG.

For example: How Telford feels when he discovers what Col. Young is doing with his body and then, at the end, when Telford appears set on a really nasty plan of revenge.
                    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Because as you know Linda military personel always follow the rules all the time. SG1 was about the best of the best or the model soldiers so yes they did follow the rules
                      I know they sometimes break the rules. But having all the officers fraternising is a little far fetched Yes I know technically we don't know if they've all broken the rule but give it time

The whole point of the Chloe scene was self-relization that her whole life was a failure and she had little contribution. Kind of like Eli except he is more obvious
                      I've quite liked Chloe up to this point, yes even in spite of the whole Scott thing And I thought she was awesome in the scene when her father sacrificed his life to save everyone else's But the scene in the car with Eli made me cringe *shudders*

Fair enough. We know how you don't like to think
                      *dodges the fish*
                      Well there's always an ep or two in each season that we probably won't like or think is just meh

*throws fish in Jel's general direction*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                        Did anyone notice that the Destiny's weapons platform is anti-fighter based?
                        Um, no.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Or, ... if Telford and Emily Young were indeed "involved", he may be going to confront her with why she was cheating on him with her own husband.
                          These are the days of our lives ...

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                            Telford liked the Emily trial membership. Now he wants a full subscription.
                            This just made me choke on my tea with laughing

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Technically no one was cheating. Telfords body slept With Emily, but youngs mind did too. They both slept with her, except only young was really aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                                Technically no one was cheating. Telfords body slept With Emily, but youngs mind did too. They both slept with her, except only young was really aware.
                                Until they accidentally switched back into their own bodies I bet that was a strange experience
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X